• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible Tips and Tricks

I just switched from winmo 6.5 for years to Android. I love it so far but i really miss one thing from winmo..... I want to snooze things diff times. Like snooze something for a hour or a day......and choose that each time. I could do that easy in winmo and said Android dont do it by default. Other wise im loving my new Rooted EVO.

Not sure what you are looking to snooze but check out an app called Timeriffic. It allows you to set schedules for when certain things are on or off.

I just switched from winmo 6.5 for years to Android. I love it so far but i really miss one thing from winmo..... I want to snooze things diff times. Like snooze something for a hour or a day......and choose that each time. I could do that easy in winmo and said Android dont do it by default. Other wise im loving my new Rooted EVO.

Heh, you're in the wrong forum. ;)

Heh, you're in the wrong forum. ;)

Where do i need to be? I still have not figured out do get android to handel alarms, and meeting notifications like i could with winmo. I liked that in windows if i got a alarm or meeting notifaction i could click many snooze options. like "5mins, 10 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour, 1 day, 5 mins before start." I miss that and on my days off i have a lot going on, and some times i dont want to snooze something 5 times.

Well, I have a few techniques that will help generate close to 10mph if you work on it every other day or so.

1.) Work your stomach. The trunk rotation in pitching supplies an incredible amount of speed to your pitch. If you do sit-ups every day you will see a velocity increase. I guarantee it.
2.) As previously mentioned, legs. Strong legs allows you to explode down the mound and put some insane heat on a pitch.
3.) Stay away from bicept lifting and military pree (overhead bench) Believe it or not, the muscles used for that lifting actually slows down the pitching motion. Work your chest, the back of your shoulder and tricept.
4.) Long Toss. The easiest way to make your arm stronger is to do long toss daily or every other day. Work back to 180feet, and then maybe 200 if 180 becomes easy.
5.) Clean your mechanics. Its important to be comfortable, however a few tweaks, such as a better stride, or an improvement in balance during your leg lift can add a few mph.

If you do all of these and work on them hard enough, you will see a great increase in your pitching. I can't guarantee 10mph, but there will be an increase. Just be smart, don't lift too much weight to prevent injury, and have fun.

Good Luck!

What does this have to do with anything even remotely related to phones, much less android phones, much less incredibles? Sheeeeesh!

If google sky doesn't seem to work properly move the phone in a figure 8 pattern.
As if it was your match box car and you were driving it in a figure 8 pattern.
My kids call it my phone dance.
But it recalibrates the compass.
Also if you have a case for your phone with a magnet in it, don't have it near by when using google sky, the magnets will throw off the compass.

How do I move the text cursor? I know tapping on the word space will put the cursor there, but how do I fine tune it to a particular letter?

If google sky doesn't seem to work properly move the phone in a figure 8 pattern.
As if it was your match box car and you were driving it in a figure 8 pattern.
My kids call it my phone dance.
But it recalibrates the compass.
Also if you have a case for your phone with a magnet in it, don't have it near by when using google sky, the magnets will throw off the compass.

I have found that frustratedly shaking it for 10 seconds gets everything lined up for me as well

A $2 business card holder from office max makes a nice nightstand holder or desk holder for your phone.
I got a black wire one that looks cool and for 2.25 you can't beat it.
I bought 3 - 1 for my night stand, 1 for my desk, and 1 for my wife's droid.

Also I found that my notification for email was opening a different app then my "Mail" icon on my home screen.
So there are two apps one is gmail and one is mail. mail will open all your emails. Where gmail obviously only opens gmail.
However this is confusing since my default mail app was set to not notify me but it would still have the little (1) on the corner of the icon.
So I would get a new email, open it from notifications, read it and then close it and still see the (1) on the mail icon. So all I did was turn off notifications for gmail and turn it on for mail.

This is pretty simple but took me a few weeks to find.

Use your volume rocker to adjust the volume of your ringer. Go all the way down to go to vibrate. I find this to be the quickest way to put my phone in or out of vibrate mode.

Does that make sense?

This is pretty simple but took me a few weeks to find.

Use your volume rocker to adjust the volume of your ringer. Go all the way down to go to vibrate. I find this to be the quickest way to put my phone in or out of vibrate mode.

Does that make sense?

It definitely makes sense but there is an app called Quick Settings that allows you to do that much quicker.

Check it out.

What's the fastest way to put my phone on silent (not on vibrate)?

Fastest would be a widget on your home screen, that would be one button to press...you can find them in the android market.

There are also apps that allow you to turn the phone over to turn off the ringer. Turn Silent is one. Silent Time also lets you silent you phone based on the time of day so that would be really fast =)

Fastest would be a widget on your home screen, that would be one button to press...you can find them in the android market.

There are also apps that allow you to turn the phone over to turn off the ringer. Turn Silent is one. Silent Time also lets you silent you phone based on the time of day so that would be really fast =)

ooh...thank you for these suggestions! Quick and helpful responses. I dig our DiNC community very much

Well, I have a few techniques that will help generate close to 10mph if you work on it every other day or so.

1.) Work your stomach. The trunk rotation in pitching supplies an incredible amount of speed to your pitch. If you do sit-ups every day you will see a velocity increase. I guarantee it.
2.) As previously mentioned, legs. Strong legs allows you to explode down the mound and put some insane heat on a pitch.
3.) Stay away from bicept lifting and military pree (overhead bench) Believe it or not, the muscles used for that lifting actually slows down the pitching motion. Work your chest, the back of your shoulder and tricept.
4.) Long Toss. The easiest way to make your arm stronger is to do long toss daily or every other day. Work back to 180feet, and then maybe 200 if 180 becomes easy.
5.) Clean your mechanics. Its important to be comfortable, however a few tweaks, such as a better stride, or an improvement in balance during your leg lift can add a few mph.

If you do all of these and work on them hard enough, you will see a great increase in your pitching. I can't guarantee 10mph, but there will be an increase. Just be smart, don't lift too much weight to prevent injury, and have fun.

Good Luck!

Seriously, wtf? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

to go in silent instead of vibrate, volume rocker all the way down to vibrate and volume rocker up one notch to silent.

That is the fastest way for me without taking up home screen real-estate

Back
Top Bottom