• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible Tips and Tricks

Quicker and Easier: drag the widget to the left or right edge of the screen. The view will automatically switch to the next screen.

It doesn't switch as readily as I would hope with that method, that's why I prefer the way I stated above. Sometimes doing your method can be hit and miss.

It doesn't switch as readily as I would hope with that method, that's why I prefer the way I stated above. Sometimes doing your method can be hit and miss.

I like your method as well...I hated having to hold my finger as close as possible to the edge to get it to change one window, and do it up to another 2 or 3 times, your way is great.

Also, anyone know if its possible to rename a folder? I have my games in a single folder on one of my home screens, but its called "folder" not my favorite name...

I like your method as well...I hated having to hold my finger as close as possible to the edge to get it to change one window, and do it up to another 2 or 3 times, your way is great.

Also, anyone know if its possible to rename a folder? I have my games in a single folder on one of my home screens, but its called "folder" not my favorite name...
Open the folder and click on the name.

Does anyone know how to make facebook posts say sent from my android phome?
My posts automatically have that in fine print after I send post or comment. I have never specifically seen a command to do that. I use either Touch or the newer built in FB app.

On their website they are saying they pulled it from the market because of issues with the Droid Incredible which is what I have so i'm a little weary until they have it definitely fixed. Maybe its the 'sense' UI thats conflicting

Sounds like you are looking for a power settings widget. No need to download an app. Just long click > widgets > Power control.
Give quick access to GPS, WiFi, etc

Question on pictures received via MMS. The pics are received in a slideshow and I can't figure out how to save them to desktop or stop it from presenting this way. Anyone have a resolution for this, besides d/l handcent. Sorry if been asked already.

Even though I downloaded songs for ringtones. I can't find a way to get around the few choices for the default ringtone selections. There is a much wider selection for contacts to select from plus the ones I downloaded. Any ideas?

I put my ringtones on the internal memory card in a top level folder named "ringtones". They appeared in my default ringtones list.

so i go into my people program and it has all of my facebook contacts in there and i want that :) but when i go to send one of them a text message from that contact their name pops out of the to Bar and goes to the bottom of it then i have to click on the to column to link them in my contacts but i can only find them sometimes is there any reason why their number pops out?

Is there any way to reply with original message with text messages? There are times I want to reply back with the original tm that was sent, but don't see a way to do this.

Help?

Question regarding the built in browser. Is there anything that can be downloaded to block ads?

Would love to have something like adblock plus for Firefox on my Incredible. Thanks.

Where is the Hosts File in Android? - xda-developers Have to get yourself a fresh hosts file. Probably root too...

Other stuff: doubletap the space to enter a period (like the iphone)
Push the track ball to bring up the keyboard if it disappears on you.
Calibrate the keyboard in the settings to make it more accurate.

I can't log in to App brain but can't load any apps. I get an error page. I changed browsers and still cannot use app brain. Any suggestions??

When you connect your USB cable to your phone to Charge only, but latter you change your mind, instead of disconnecting the cable, go to Notifications, tap charge only and it gives you the options to select your preference.
In case it has not been mentioned before.

I have 2 Facbook accounts one is a personal account and one is for a Pageant I direct. Is there anyway to sync both sets of contacts to my phone? I have the personal one synced to my incredible now but when I log out and sign in to the other account it will not let me sync the contacts.:confused:

Got time on your hands? This app called Radio Scanner works great on the Incredible. Picks up all law enforcement, ems, fire dept, etc...Scanner Radio - Android app on AppBrain

I use that all the time. When I hear the engine station whistle going off, I turn it on and listen in to what happening. I knew about a school bus accident long before the local news picked up on it.

I have also listened in to some other police scanners like NYC and LA. But its pretty cool hearing stuff from your local area.

Does anyone know how to either tranfer pix from a card to the phone or how to save pix to card by default instead of the phone?

To transfer I'd use Astro. If you don't want to connect to your PC.
To save pics on your SD, go to camera, slide the menu on the left with the arrow and select settings. Look for storage.
Hope it helps.

Hi everyone. This is a great forum with very helpful information. I've had many questions answered, but I have one that I need help with.

How can I use a custom alert/ringtone for the alarm? I read the other posts about putting a ringtone and notification folder when my phone is mounted, but I haven't seen anything about how to do this for an alarm.

Question on pictures received via MMS. The pics are received in a slideshow and I can't figure out how to save them to desktop or stop it from presenting this way. Anyone have a resolution for this, besides d/l handcent. Sorry if been asked already.

I was wondering this too, didn't see a way to save a MMS picture that I received.

Back
Top Bottom