• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible Tips and Tricks

I think I'm having the pink issue. Has anyone returned the device due to this? I took a pic of this site on my iPod touch and the Inc. The thread looks blue-ish on the Touch, but pink on the Inc. Does anyone else's look this pink?

2ptcgt5.jpg
youare referring to color tone. the ipod in comparison has a cooler tone. and only when viewed side by side will you notice the incredible as having a warm tone. mine looks like yours, and comparative to my laptop screen, our phones are cooler. its all relative.

While using Voice-to-text, if you want to add a period, say the word period at the end.

To text:
"This is a sentence."

Say:
"This is a sentence period"

This works for other punctuation, like ! ? : ,

You can also say "point' for a decimal.

"One point two five" will be 1.25

Having trouble with "comma". Usually comes out "come on" or "karma"

have you found a better way to say it?

Not true, as long as there's a folder on your SD card called "ringtones", it should be found. Or you can just simply select a song from the music application and make a ringtone from it, it allows you to pick a certain excerpt of the song too.

I couldn't get it to work...and still cant except for how I described it. All it gives me is a list of the songs. I do have ringdroid added as an app that allows for making ringtones and saves them also works for alerts and alarms.

While using Voice-to-text, if you want to add a period, say the word period at the end.

To text:
"This is a sentence."

Say:
"This is a sentence period"

This works for other punctuation, like ! ? : ,

You can also say "point' for a decimal.

"One point two five" will be 1.25

Capitalization?

Also, during texting I was having trouble if I wanted to go back and edit something that was wrong. The only way was to touch the screen 5 or 6 times to get the cursor in the right spot to backspace or backspace and delete a bunch of what I typed. Since there are no arrow/directional keys I was lost. Then I recalled the trackpad. The trackpad will navigate through blocks of text you may want to edit.

Want to know exactly what program or component is using your precious battery? From the home screen, press the Menu button and select "Settings". Click on "About Phone", then click "Battery" and "Battery use". A graphical display of what is using how much power is displayed.

Capitalization?

Also, during texting I was having trouble if I wanted to go back and edit something that was wrong. The only way was to touch the screen 5 or 6 times to get the cursor in the right spot to backspace or backspace and delete a bunch of what I typed. Since there are no arrow/directional keys I was lost. Then I recalled the trackpad. The trackpad will navigate through blocks of text you may want to edit.

Thanks to both you and dibs ODDJOB for this information. Was driving me nuts!

Is there any way I can change the name of a program icon? I am using Handcent for messaging but want it to say 'text' or 'messages' instead of 'handcent'

I think I'm having the pink issue. Has anyone returned the device due to this? I took a pic of this site on my iPod touch and the Inc. The thread looks blue-ish on the Touch, but pink on the Inc. Does anyone else's look this pink?

2ptcgt5.jpg

ender11-albums-pink-screen-picture1092-p1020201.jpg

Here's the image I posted last week for a comparison. Both are Incredibles.

This might be a tip aimed more at newbies like myself, but I was really inefficient with downloading then accessing an app. I was downloading the app, then exiting to home screen, then accessing app drawer, find the newly downloaded app and then launching it.

I realized that it is much quicker to download the app, wait for the notice at the top of the screen to tell you that the download is complete, then just pull down the notification tray and tap the notification for the newly downloaded app. It only works the first time of course, but it takes the process of accessing a newly downloaded app from a 4 step process to a 2 step process. FWIW:):)

Hey everybody, got my incredible the day it came out and am loving everything about it. HOWEVER, I am one of the few unfortunate souls who does not know how to use a computer to save his life (and sadly, I'm 19 lol). I've watched countless youtube videos but none of them seem to FULLY answer all my questions and I've yet to put all the pieces together after dozens of videos. Can anyone who has a regular windows PC, tell me in as simple of terms as they can how to use the USB chord to transfer music from my itunes to my phone? I know I have to set the thing to "mounted" where I get the options to select folders, but how do I even make my itunes music a folder so I can even make it an option to select? Thanks to anyone who helps me out, you're saving my life, literally. My ipod broke 6 months ago and I've been without music on the go forever

To prevent your sexy pics from showing in gallery...

Place pics in folder;
Create a txt file. (or any file, you just need a file);
change file name from "new text.txt" to ".nomedia";
place .nomedia in that folder.

Can you explain a litte more?

How do you make another file? Where is the file located? How do I get the pic out of an email or a text into that file? Sorry this is still pretty new to me. I did download a app for file security. Thanks

Does anyone know if you can download internet explorer to the incredible. There is a work website that I need to get on but when I try it just tells me that I need the newest version of IE to get on the page. Is the file to big or would it really slow down the phone?

Hey everybody, got my incredible the day it came out and am loving everything about it. HOWEVER, I am one of the few unfortunate souls who does not know how to use a computer to save his life (and sadly, I'm 19 lol). I've watched countless youtube videos but none of them seem to FULLY answer all my questions and I've yet to put all the pieces together after dozens of videos. Can anyone who has a regular windows PC, tell me in as simple of terms as they can how to use the USB chord to transfer music from my itunes to my phone? I know I have to set the thing to "mounted" where I get the options to select folders, but how do I even make my itunes music a folder so I can even make it an option to select? Thanks to anyone who helps me out, you're saving my life, literally. My ipod broke 6 months ago and I've been without music on the go forever

You should check out Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3 . It'll help you transfer your music from itunes to your Inc.

Can you explain a litte more?

How do you make another file? Where is the file located? How do I get the pic out of an email or a text into that file? Sorry this is still pretty new to me. I did download a app for file security. Thanks

You need to connect your phone to your computer and create a new text document (.txt extension), leave it blank and just rename it to .nomedia (no .txt extension). Move it to the folder on your phone you want to hide and then transfer the files to that folder.

Does anyone know if you can download internet explorer to the incredible. There is a work website that I need to get on but when I try it just tells me that I need the newest version of IE to get on the page. Is the file to big or would it really slow down the phone?

No. Internet Explorer cannot run on the Inc. That being said, the site may work using an app like Spoof Internet Explorer v1.3 Application for Android | Multimedia . You may want to try solutions like Fennec or Opera Mini before paying for the app, though.

Want to know exactly what program or component is using your precious battery? From the home screen, press the Menu button and select "Settings". Click on "About Phone", then click "Battery" and "Battery use". A graphical display of what is using how much power is displayed.
You all probably know this, but you can press on the programs on this screen and it will give you much more info about the program, plus allow you to force close and/or uninstall right there.

Also, if you have Astro File explorer, it comes with a built-in app manager and process manager. The list of programs running in the process manager tells you exactly how much cpu time is being used by each program. You can watch it go up & down and see which programs that you thought shouldn't be doing anything are still running.

I have attempted to import a MS Word document from my PC to my Incredible without success. All advice is welcomed and appreciated.

I have attempted to import a MS Word document from my PC to my Incredible without success. All advice is welcomed and appreciated.

What happens when you attempt to import, and what type of import do you attempt, i've imported vis BLUETOOTH and then email the doc via Gmail.

Back
Top Bottom