• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible Tips and Tricks

Update on folder structure for ringtones. You can have them on the SD card. They go in SD:/media/sounds/ringtones. Still not sure which formats are supported, but mp3 will show up for rings in that folder.

Not sure if this is where I should post this but if a Mod wants to move this post to another thread that will be ok with me.

I just saw this on MSNBC.com. It is an article they reposted from Gizmode about how multitasking works on different cell platforms.

How multitasking works on a phone - Gizmodo- msnbc.com

Interesting with Android that if the OS detects it is getting low on memory it will auto kill certain app. Also apps running in the background are capped at 5-10% of the total CPU usage.

For those that complain about having to close the landscape keyboard to send texts, there's an option in Handcent that lets you send messages by pressing the Enter key. Open Handcent, press Menu, and click Settings. There is an option labeled "Shortcut key to send." From there you can select the ability to click Enter to send your message.

For those that complain about having to close the landscape keyboard to send texts, there's an option in Handcent that lets you send messages by pressing the Enter key. Open Handcent, press Menu, and click Settings. There is an option labeled "Shortcut key to send." From there you can select the ability to click Enter to send your message.

I would send so damn many unfinished texts with that opt....

I've only read the initial post on this page so if this tip has been suggested elsewhere... :shrug:

While browsing, a long tap will bring up a window to copy / share /etc. whatever it is you clicked. To include more text to be quoted, simply drag and reposition the highlighted frame around your selection.

I've only read the initial post on this page so if this tip has been suggested elsewhere... :shrug:

While browsing, a long tap will bring up a window to copy / share /etc. whatever it is you clicked. To include more text to be quoted, simply drag and reposition the highlighted frame around your selection.

Thank you! I read Copy/paste was improved, but I didn't see how. Moving back to default browser just for this.

Great tips everyone! Two quick questions:

1. When accessing my Yahoo mail is there a way to both view my existing folders (other than Trash, sent, drafts, and outbox)? And is there a way to save mail I've read on the DI to a folder?

2. Under People, how do I change the primary contact# from say Mobile to Home?

And in the spirit of giving back...someone suggested the Call Confirm app so that you don't accidentally call a number. Seems to work! Also, the app Easy Reminder claims to allow you to set recurring reminders for either SMS and/or calls by setting a tone/vibrate/led. I hope it works as I liked this reminder feature on my LG Dare and DI doesn't have one. Those asking about the 4 buttons going off...the ambient light sensor near top of phone turns the buttons off to save battery when there is enough light. You can turn button lights back on if you put your hand over top of phone or move somewhere dark! I don't believe there is a setting to control this.

Question regarding the built in browser. Is there anything that can be downloaded to block ads?

Would love to have something like adblock plus for Firefox on my Incredible. Thanks.

Question regarding the built in browser. Is there anything that can be downloaded to block ads?

Would love to have something like adblock plus for Firefox on my Incredible. Thanks.
A pre-Alpha version of Fennec, the mobile version of Firefox, is available for Android. It can install extensions, like adblock+: Fennec on Android at Vladimir Vuki?evi?

Keep in mind, it is a test build, so you'll experience some instability.

Hi Guy and girls,

I'm new here but here is a few tips i picked up on.

ALARM CLOCK (pre-installed)

If you like to sleep in a little longer you can change the Snooze duration on the pre-installed alarm clock. Click on the clock then go to the alarm. At these point where it shows the different alarms that you have, press the menu pointing then settings. Right there you'll find the snooze durations. Time are 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 minutes snooze times. You can also change the way the alarm works when the phone is locked. You can set the slider to either stop the alarm and make it snooze.

*IMPORTANT* If you have Advance Task Killer make sure you have it ignore closing the clock because this will cause the alarm clock NOT to go off. (I was late to work because i did this.

CONTACT LINKS to FACEBOOK
If you mistaking link someone to the wrong facebook account you can just go to the contact then click the little link icon at the top next to the person's name. Where it has "Linked Contracts" you can just click the link icon again and it will break the link and remove the link between your contact and facebook.

Also when when you link an account the phone automatically pull the facebook picture as your contact image. If you click on the picture you can change it from Facebook, phone, camera, gmail, or photo. This is good if you don't like the picture the person has on their facebook.

From the People (contacts) if you click on hold on the person's picture you get a option to call them, send a text, or lookup their address on google maps.

That is all I have for now. I hope this helps everyone.

Danny A.

Another tip with the pre-install/set clock.

If you want to change it you'll have to remove it then add it back in. There are 12 different clock styles that the HTC CLOCK comes with for the widget. Alot of other widgets work this way. You have to delete them then readd them to see other style of the widget you can use.

Danny A.

Once you open the app screen using the usual button on the home screen you can swipe it closed by touching the "All Programs" bar at the top and pulling it down.

anyone know if there is any quick way to change the media volume if your not in a media player. Sometimes I want to mute the media volume before I watch a you tube vid or something

anyone know if there is any quick way to change the media volume if your not in a media player. Sometimes I want to mute the media volume before I watch a you tube vid or something

Sure add Quick Settings from the Market and add that app to one of your screens. Then open the app and tap Volume Control and voila! All the volume controls at your fingertips.

:D

Sure add Quick Settings from the Market and add that app to one of your screens. Then open the app and tap Volume Control and voila! All the volume controls at your fingertips.

:D

Sounds perfect but I searched the market for "quick settings" and didn't find it

Quick and easy way to move a widget, app or file from one home screen to another one.

Instead of deleting a widget, app or file from one screen and then adding it to another, long tap the item you want to move to a different screen, then place that item over the top of another widget, app, etc. so that it can't drop into place. Instead the item is held suspended until you place it properly. At this point just swipe to the appropriate screen and your "suspended" item will stay suspended in the forefront. Then just drag the item to an open space on the new screen and presto you have quickly and easily rearranged your home screen.:)

Quick and easy way to move a widget, app or file from one home screen to another one.

Instead of deleting a widget, app or file from one screen and then adding it to another, long tap the item you want to move to a different screen, then place that item over the top of another widget, app, etc. so that it can't drop into place. Instead the item is held suspended until you place it properly. At this point just swipe to the appropriate screen and your "suspended" item will stay suspended in the forefront. Then just drag the item to an open space on the new screen and presto you have quickly and easily rearranged your home screen.:)

Quicker and Easier: drag the widget to the left or right edge of the screen. The view will automatically switch to the next screen.

Saw this elsewhere, so credit goes to the person who found it.

Hulu works with the Skyfire browser.

To get it to play in the Skyfire browser you have to click the little half Android guy on your menu thing and view pages in Android (as opposed to Desktop or iPhone).

From there, when you click on the view it will give you the option to play it in the bottom left hand corner. If it loads and says "sorry, we do not support your platform," just go back and reload it. It should work.

On their website they are saying they pulled it from the market because of issues with the Droid Incredible which is what I have so i'm a little weary until they have it definitely fixed. Maybe its the 'sense' UI thats conflicting

The only thing I saw on appbrain is that the mobile data toggle you shouldn't use. I have no problems with it and just removed that option.

I am sure they will fix the issue and it will be back up on the Market in no time. Just keep checking.

Back
Top Bottom