• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible Tips and Tricks

I'm noticing that missed texts, Emails, and missed call, the indicator (blinking led light) stops blinking after 5-10 minutes.

I do have Advanced Task killer, but i don't think it controls message notification.

Is there a time limit the blinking light, has anyone else test this who doesn't have advance Task killer or any other App killer.

I found a cool trick that solves a problem I had with windows mobile sense ui. If you are in the music tabs and you scroll down, a scroll bar appears on the right. Holding down on the scroll bar and moving it lets you skip down by letter. Its a quicker way to get to the bottom of the list.

I use double twist for getting my music on my phone. It has to be turned on as a disk drive and not just charging when it is hooked to the computer but it goes as easily as itunes to an ipod.

New to Android so please forgive if I am missing this...Is there any way to view email attachments in the email? Example my wife sends a file to me with a .jpg in it and when I open the email it just lists the file and says no attachments. The same file was sent to an iPhone and the photo was viewed upon opening the email.

Please help.

Thanks!

Contrary to what Ive told ppl so far...missed messages reminders ARE available on Incredible. Use Handcent app. I found that when you open up Handcent (press on icon), & press Menu>settings, you can manage tons of different notification sounds/LED colors/how often reminders occur/etc. Hope this helps.

By default, when i turn the phone on it goes to the last page i had open. Does anyone know how to make the incredible default to the home screeen each time i unlock the phone?

While using Voice-to-text, if you want to add a period, say the word period at the end.

To text:
"This is a sentence."

Say:
"This is a sentence period"

This works for other punctuation, like ! ? : ,

You can also say "point' for a decimal.

"One point two five" will be 1.25

Thank u for suggesting handcent! If anyone wants sms messages to pop up or be more customizable, u have to check out the handcent app!!

Deleting saved scenes:
The way scenes currently works is that it asks you to create a new scene every time you edit a current scene. Before long you end up with tons of unwanted "Custom" scenes.
To delete these unwanted scenes, go to Settings > Personalize > Scenes
long-press the scene to get options to edit or delete.

MoPhoMan
Ok, been fighting with notifications all day...

To add custom ringtones you need to load them in a folder named "ringtones" on the device (not SD card) to add custom notifications ...this is where i was getting lost ... the files should be loaded on the device in a folder named "notifications" now i can rest =)

Not true, as long as there's a folder on your SD card called "ringtones", it should be found. Or you can just simply select a song from the music application and make a ringtone from it, it allows you to pick a certain excerpt of the song too.

Is there a way to make the keyboard go back to letters from numbers/symbols after you type one? Right now it only automatically goes back to letters after you hit space. But if you're typing something such as "I'll", then you manually have to switch back to letters in order to type the two l's.

Is there a way to put pictures in a seperate file or have a password protect file. I get some pics that I don;t want anyone to see while scrolling through pics. My blackberry would same them in a seperate file. It there is a away to save photos some where else please post how to do it. thanks

To prevent your sexy pics from showing in gallery...

Place pics in folder;
Create a txt file. (or any file, you just need a file);
change file name from "new text.txt" to ".nomedia";
place .nomedia in that folder.

Is there a way to make the keyboard go back to letters from numbers/symbols after you type one? Right now it only automatically goes back to letters after you hit space. But if you're typing something such as "I'll", then you manually have to switch back to letters in order to type the two l's.

Don't go to numbers in the first place. Just long press "c" to get an ' etc.

Does anybody find predictive text annoying the address bar of the browser? I use Skyfire or Dolphin and in the address bar, the return key is green all the time, so when it is pressed, it picks the predictive text. Example: I type hello in the address bar, hit return, audit searches for hello kitty! Any way to fix this?

Does anyone know where i can get a hardcase that says google on the back? I figured the device is still too new for an accessory this specific.

Folders on home screen:

Click Add or + to add a Folder.

Once it shows up on the home screen select it to open up then long press the folder to rename it what you will.

I currently have a Social Sites Folder and a Mail folder to organize things better....

Folders on home screen:

Click Add or + to add a Folder.

Once it shows up on the home screen select it to open up then long press the folder to rename it what you will.

I currently have a Social Sites Folder and a Mail folder to organize things better....

If I wanted to create a "Videos" folder, how to I dump files into it. Cant figure out how.

Also in a task manager app that I downloaded, where would this new folder be located.

If I wanted to create a "Videos" folder, how to I dump files into it. Cant figure out how.

I'm not sure you can do video shortcuts with stock Sense. However, if you install Astro File manager, there will be a shortcut option for "Astro". Create a new shortcut, choose "Astro", then navigate to the video file you want. This will create a shortcut to the video on your desktop. Then you can drag the shortcut into your Videos folder.

Presumably this might also work for other types of files that have associated programs (e.g., mp3s, doc files?). There may also be a better way to do it.

Someone, please tell me how to get my "Favorites Group" Icon back. I know the group is on the people widget, but I have to click the 2nd tab on the row at the bottom to get the Favorites group to pop up. This is the only thing I've "removed" and can't retrieve from the widgets in it's original form. Of course this would be the one I want back.
Any way to get it back?? Thanks...

I think I'm having the pink issue. Has anyone returned the device due to this? I took a pic of this site on my iPod touch and the Inc. The thread looks blue-ish on the Touch, but pink on the Inc. Does anyone else's look this pink?

2ptcgt5.jpg

Someone, please tell me how to get my "Favorites Group" Icon back. I know the group is on the people widget, but I have to click the 2nd tab on the row at the bottom to get the Favorites group to pop up. This is the only thing I've "removed" and can't retrieve from the widgets in it's original form. Of course this would be the one I want back.
Any way to get it back?? Thanks...

add widget "People" by htc. will give you 2 formats to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom