• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Jellybean installation

Man i am not sure. You are having An awful with any of the jb aosp Rom? Also, which Also, whicrooms do es would you recommend that are feature rich and stable? lot of issues.. I don't know anyone else having issues like that. I guess id suggest trying a different rom.

If I decide to install another rom, can I use the same kernal/recovery with any of the jb aosp roms? Also, which one of the roms do you recommend that is feature rich and stable?

Upvote 0
Maybe reboot? Maybe push to system app and set permission
I have tried to moved this apk to a system folder but it wouldn't let me move it to system or sys. It says cannot be moved, yet I can move it from one part of the sd card to another with no problem. Have any ideas?? I've tried installing it several times and and rebooting but its not in the app or widget drawer.
When I go into settings-applications-all, the exchange file is there but how come its not showing up in my app drawer?

Upvote 0
You have to give the file explorer read write permissions. Then move the apk to system/app

Then set the permissions to match everything else in system apps
I have set the permission on my explorer, but when I download the apk, it won't let me move it to systems appear folder. When I try to move it it says moved successfully but the name of the file also changes from mail . apk to app mail . apk and when I go into system app, the file is not there. As far as I can move the file to is system. When it's in the system folder, it still retains the mail apk name. I've tried to install from there, it says it imstalled but when Icheck the app and wwidget drawer it's not there. Please help

Upvote 0
I have set the permission on my explorer, but when I download the apk, it won't let me move it to systems appear folder. When I try to move it it says moved successfully but the name of the file also changes from mail . apk to app mail . apk and when I go into system app, the file is not there. As far as I can move the file to is system. When it's in the system folder, it still retains the mail apk name. I've tried to install from there, it says it imstalled but when Icheck the app and wwidget drawer it's not there. Please help

Does anyone have any idea why I can't install this in that folder??

Upvote 0
Does anyone have any idea why I can't install this in that folder??

Upvote 0
[Qthink SelfElevated2;5669762]Maybe it's not compatible. I took it out of a tw rom and gave it to u. There are a few things fromt work on aosp[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply
I think that that is probably incompatible Do you know where I can get the appropriate file for this mail app. Someone on another site mentioned that usually the native email app is already in the rom or gapps package. Do you know anything about that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones