• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just Received The New Nexus S On AT&T

So is there any reason not to get the at&t nexus s from Negri right now?

Or do i just need to pull the tigger already?

I would say pull the trigger, it's better than waiting around for AT&T to actually announce it.

I think the Nexus S listed on Newegg.com is the i9020a. Look at the picture gallery. If you zoom in on the last Picture of the phone with the box and accessories you can see on the phones instruction booklet i9020a.

can anyone tell me when they log into there att account and look at your phone, if it actually shows a picture of your nexus s? or your previous phone?????

Ever since AT&T changed the SIM to a SIM that is specific for an unlocked phone, my download and upload speeds have increased some. I do have a question though, can someone please send me instructions on how to upload a new radio to a phone...you can just send me a PM

I say pull the trigger... i was on the fence too... bought it last week n now i couldn't be more pleased

i agree. i purchased the white version fr negri...it is excellent. I am about to put my iph 4 on ebay. i just wanted to make sure first.

I have had lots of android ph's including a N1, Atrix, couple on Verizon and this is by far the best. Of course, software has a lot to do with it. The Atrix was snappier, but blur sucks and it had too many bugs.

One thing about this on att is the speeds are much slower vs my iph4. I am using my iph sim with a micro sim adapter. I don't think switching to the smartphone data plan with a regular sim is going to make a difference. Plus i want to keep the micro sim so i can try the next iph..... beauty if sim cards!

i agree. i purchased the white version fr negri...it is excellent. I am about to put my iph 4 on ebay. i just wanted to make sure first.

I have had lots of android ph's including a N1, Atrix, couple on Verizon and this is by far the best. Of course, software has a lot to do with it. The Atrix was snappier, but blur sucks and it had too many bugs.

One thing about this on att is the speeds are much slower vs my iph4. I am using my iph sim with a micro sim adapter. I don't think switching to the smartphone data plan with a regular sim is going to make a difference. Plus i want to keep the micro sim so i can try the next iph..... beauty if sim cards!

I've seen the same thing... i have a dell streak and my ups and downs are both faster with it than the NS.... not glaring in everyday use tho but still is the only gripe i have... might have to try ericware2011 approach and get an unlocked specific sim?

When I put my N1 on At&t's network my account never said "Nexus One" or had a picture for it. It's not a big deal.

He is just wondering if they will make him switch his data plan. And everyone I know on at&t with a Nexus s has had to get a new data plan because they recognized the device in their system.

He is just wondering if they will make him switch his data plan. And everyone I know on at&t with a Nexus s has had to get a new data plan because they recognized the device in their system.

Are you talking about going from a dumb phone data plan too a smart phone data plan?

Are you talking about going from a dumb phone data plan too a smart phone data plan?

Yes that's what i am talking about.

@jphasson i am really surprised you were able to. I have a couple of friends that just bought the AT&T version from Negri and they required them to switch data plans.

Yes that's what i am talking about.

@jphasson i am really surprised you were able to. I have a couple of friends that just bought the AT&T version from Negri and they required them to switch data plans.

well i was going from a smartphone plan to another smartphone just switching sims... i had sent my "not i" response before i saw the part about feature phone to smartphone

I did it! Finally bought the NS from Negri!

I decided not to go with Mobilecity because their NS does not carry a US manufacture warranty and the Negri NS does.

So for those of you trying to decide between Negri and Mobilecity like I was, I recommend Negri.

I am so tempted to buy this phone, but I recently drank the KoolAid on 4G speeds on AT&T and bought an Inspire at launch...... However I am still considering buying one from Negri, where the phones are new and have a warranty - Decisions, Decisions :D

Did any of you install the new update from Google that has video chat?

I did. I haven't run into any issues yet, and video chat totally works. I'm not sure if the colors are different from 2.3.3, but they definitely aren't like they were with 2.3.2 and earlier. The contrast does seem a little better with whiter whites (maybe). Without another Nexus to compare it to side-by-side, I can't be certain.

I did. I haven't run into any issues yet, and video chat totally works. I'm not sure if the colors are different from 2.3.3, but they definitely aren't like they were with 2.3.2 and earlier. The contrast does seem a little better with whiter whites (maybe). Without another Nexus to compare it to side-by-side, I can't be certain.

Oh, I was just about to ask if anyone's Nexus S had that yellow tint. I'm worried mines won't look like my Epic4G when I get the Nexus S4G. There is a way to get it back to the natural vivid colors of Super Amoled. It requires root & a new kernel I believe.

I did it! Finally bought the NS from Negri!

I decided not to go with Mobilecity because their NS does not carry a US manufacture warranty and the Negri NS does.

So for those of you trying to decide between Negri and Mobilecity like I was, I recommend Negri.

Is the Canadian one also i9020A? How can one tell if it's not a Canadian gray import?

I haven't seen any unbranded and unsubsidized phones at BB in a while so maybe that's why they aren't carrying it? Can't think of any other reasons.

Is the Canadian one also i9020A? How can one tell if it's not a Canadian gray import?

I haven't seen any unbranded and unsubsidized phones at BB in a while so maybe that's why they aren't carrying it? Can't think of any other reasons.

I have the same concern myself. Why is it that Negri is selling the "USA" version with a warranty and everyone else that is now listing the i9020a lists it as an import without a warranty IE Mobile City Online. Also, if this phone is official why is it that Best Buy doesn't carry i9020a? I mean they are technically the only official retail outlet for the Nexus S. Right?

I have the same concern myself. Why is it that Negri is selling the "USA" version with a warranty and everyone else that is now listing the i9020a lists it as an import without a warranty IE Mobile City Online. Also, if this phone is official why is it that Best Buy doesn't carry i9020a? I mean they are technically the only official retail outlet for the Nexus S. Right?

I had the same concern. I called and asked the guy and he said "we're just that good." He said its OEM with a USA manufacture warranty. I'm not sure how the hell they pulled this off but apparently its legit.

I got my Nexus S (AT&T band) from Negri. The sim card slot is defective and I have been in contact with Samsung. This is not a US phone and I am struggling with them to get warranty service. Negri said I could send it back to them for repair, but the time frame is 6-12 weeks for repair. In short, this has no US warranty that Samsung will recognize. Additionally, if you try to register it at the Samsung site, you can’t, unknown serial number or IMIE number.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom