• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just Received The New Nexus S On AT&T

The link matt gave has the black one and I think that one has the ATT bands. I am going to call them now. Will update in a few.

UPDATE: I just talked to them and the i9020A is the ATT model. I asked how many they have and they said alot did not really give me a number but they are getting a ton of orders. here is the link again. The link has the T-mobile model number but the description on the device has the ATT model number.

Samsung Google Nexus S i9020A 850/1900 3G (Unlocked) (Black)

when you say "the description on the device" has i9020A do you mean on the box and on the phone itself? And Negriel just has the Tmobile (i9020T) model number erroneously listed on the website description? im just trying to clarify....

The Nexus one has already been discontinued by HTC. I mean soon the new nexus will arrive. Well in 6-7 months lol

Off topic, but there's word that the next Nexus device might be a tablet, meaning the next Nexus phone could be another 12+ months away. Of course they could always work on both a phone and a tablet at the same time.

Off topic, but there's word that the next Nexus device might be a tablet, meaning the next Nexus phone could be another 12+ months away. Of course they could always work on both a phone and a tablet at the same time.

phone and tablet are completely different.. i dont see why they would push there next phone because they (the company they hire) are making a tablet

phone and tablet are completely different.. i dont see why they would push there next phone because they (the company they hire) are making a tablet

Have to agree just because LG is making a nexus tablet this doesn't have anything to do with the the next nexus phone. Especially if its a different manufacturer

Also Since this is a non-att licensed phone, can i use the att data plan, that is 15 dollars labelled "unlimited data for nonsmartphones" on the att site

Also Since this is a non-att licensed phone, can i use the att data plan, that is 15 dollars labelled "unlimited data for nonsmartphones" on the att site

Nope. ATT has this and many SmartPhones in the system. As long as your phone qualifies in their system as a smartphone you have to have an actual data plan. It happened to me with the TMobile Nexus s and I was only using edge

I already have a data plan so i am set. As for the model number. It is in the description on the website and when I called them I confirmed the order I placed was for the AT&T Nexus S.

The link I posted goes to the AT&T Nexus S but if you lok at the link it is for the 19020T which is T-mobile one. I bet the T-mobile is getting chopped. Google, Samsung and At&T must be preparing for the merge.

where this info come from?
Samsung website, and also from an online forum (XDA) where a user has access to the Canadian version already. He confirms it's Super AMOLED.

Now we just have to wait and see which launch date is correct, April 7, 14, 15 or later? I read a CTV news tech article that states the 7th. But I also read a new article from MobileSyrup about a Media preview for a breakfast one-on-one dated April 14th, but still no firm launch date. So a guess is either the 14th at 7am for the Media, and later that day for eveyone else as the invitation says you can "skip the lines" meaning the lines for average joes to get the phone.

Samsung website, and also from an online forum (XDA) where a user has access to the Canadian version already. He confirms it's Super AMOLED.

Now we just have to wait and see which launch date is correct, April 7, 14, 15 or later? I read a CTV news tech article that states the 7th. But I also read a new article from MobileSyrup about a Media preview for a breakfast one-on-one dated April 14th, but still no firm launch date. So a guess is either the 14th at 7am for the Media, and later that day for eveyone else as the invitation says you can "skip the lines" meaning the lines for average joes to get the phone.

if its really the super amoled , then I will wait instead of buying the one in texas and have to bypass the shipping to my freight forwarder.. Where its gonna be sold by samsung? future shop?
It'll be sold at lots of places as most of the carriers like Rogers, Bell, Telus, Fido, Wind, etc. will all be offering it. You will be able to buy through many dealers like Bestbuy, Futureshop, Wirelesswave, TBooth, etc.

Woohoo! Now to decide if I want the white or black AT&T Nexus S!
MobileSyrop is reporting that the Nexus S will be available on Mobilicity April 7th, and Rogers/Fido April 8th. Other carriers next week.
:D

Sweeet once rogers and bell etc get it AT&T will too:D
Yeah, the odd thing is there's a media launch event by invitation dated April 14th for a breakfast hands-on and we just presumed that meant the stores will start selling later the same day. But now word is out that the phone will be available sooner. Not that I'm complaining...I hope it's as good as the hype. I was sadly disappointed by the Atrix and returned it. The HTC Incredible S didn't impress me much so no purchase there, so now I'm after the Nexus S to see how it fares...

Why is buying a phone so hard?
:)

Back
Top Bottom