• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just Received The New Nexus S On AT&T

yeah I just ordered mine about 30 mins ago black one, I talked to them last night and said they were out of the black ones but they just recieved some more this morning so I hurried up and ordered mine and used the 35 off coupon and 2 day shipping and total was 592.00 I have my Atrix 4g on ebay for sale right now:0

The white on the screen never would come out pure white so that is why the screen surround is black. I can't wait for the white it will be different than most nexus S

The white on the screen never would come out pure white so that is why the screen surround is black. I can't wait for the white it will be different than most nexus S

That is very true. But any screen would have a natural glow to it so I don't think it would ever be pure white like they do the blacks. I mean the iPhone 4 looks good in white. Hmm, I'm just not down with the half & half all the time. It will be differ from most Nexus S though. You can't go wrong.

I was curious if there was a thread showing off screen layouts or screens period for the Nexus S? I haven't seen any.

That is very true. But any screen would have a natural glow to it so I don't think it would ever be pure white like they do the blacks. I mean the iPhone 4 looks good in white. Hmm, I'm just not down with the half & half all the time. It will be differ from most Nexus S though. You can't go wrong.

I was curious if there was a thread showing off screen layouts or screens period for the Nexus S? I haven't seen any.

What kind of screen shots ?

couldnt wait any longer ordered the white nexus S 2 day ship. hopefully it goes out first thing tomorrow!!! :)

Good for you "AC"!

"White", very classy!!

I did decide to stay with my 3G Tmo version. It works so well (very fast!) here in the DC suburbs that I didn't have the heart to trade it in for the Sprint 4G model. I just hope I can get a year or so out of it before the merger with AT&T bricks it.

Again, Congrats on your new phone, and thanks for all your helpful advice!

Best always,

Dave H

Good for you "AC"!

"White", very classy!!

I did decide to stay with my 3G Tmo version. It works so well (very fast!) here in the DC suburbs that I didn't have the heart to trade it in for the Sprint 4G model. I just hope I can get a year or so out of it before the merger with AT&T bricks it.

Again, Congrats on your new phone, and thanks for all your helpful advice!

Best always,

Dave H

Thank you very much. Also any time you need anything just ask. I am excited that I will have my nexus back !!

What kind of screen shots ?

By screen shots I mean like threads that show off the screen layouts people have. Just showing off their custom home screens and designs etc. Like they have for the Evo. It's not a big deal, I just like threads like those.

Okay, big rumor here.. I've posted something like this before in several Nexus threads. First, if any of you follow Android and me, you know of Taylor Wimberly. He has just resigned from Android and me. Sad, I know. Moved to another tech company. You can follow him on Twitter and go onto Androidandme.com for his story. As you all know he would stir up some of the best rumors and have the best facts and details on upcoming devices out of any tech blogs. My opinion anyways. He left one last rumor at the end of his final post.

he said "p.s. I know everyone loved my Android Insider rumor reports so I’ll leave you with one final tip. LG Nexus 3 with Tegra 3 by Christmas…" His post: http://androidandme.com/2011/04/news/android-and-me-and-you-aka-where-did-taylor-go/#comment-97952

Now I know that is some time from now, but I've said it before(not knowing it was going to be from LG though). If you look at the Nexus history of launch, N1 Jan '10, Nexus S Dec '10 which was almost a year and that is about the time of a successor to any flagship phone. Heading back to Dec this year will be about another year, Dec '11. I've been asking myself, do I wait? If you look at Tegras road map, they mentioned T3 by the end of the year in devices. Personally this changes the game of waiting for me. Will you be wrong to wait? No. Will you be wrong to get the NS now? Not at all. It will still receive the update of course and it is an awesome device still. I mean it is a Nexus phone. But with the latest hardware would be even better. The only thing I could miss and hope for the future Nexus phone is the type of screen and sexy form factor. Another question you might ask yourself is, will Google try & get this out to all carriers on a timely manner? If not, then in a way that's like fragmented. Yea, it's pure, but by time you get one, less then a year later the successor is on it's way because the movement is not for all carriers on a timely manner.

I don't mean to get ahead in this thread. Just thought I spice it up some what thanks to Taylors juicy rumors and embed this in the back of your minds. When it comes to a more solid reality then you'll all be like oh, yea!

We can now return back to our daily routines :). Nexus S/4G is still a device to get today. The only way I can see that slowing down is if several future overhaul updates come into play. Until then, you can't go wrong.

By screen shots I mean like threads that show off the screen layouts people have. Just showing off their custom home screens and designs etc. Like they have for the Evo. It's not a big deal, I just like threads like those.

Okay, big rumor here.. I've posted something like this before in several Nexus threads. First, if any of you follow Android and me, you know of Taylor Wimberly. He has just resigned from Android and me. Sad, I know. Moved to another tech company. You can follow him on Twitter and go onto Androidandme.com for his story. As you all know he would stir up some of the best rumors and have the best facts and details on upcoming devices out of any tech blogs. My opinion anyways. He left one last rumor at the end of his final post.

he said "p.s. I know everyone loved my Android Insider rumor reports so I’ll leave you with one final tip. LG Nexus 3 with Tegra 3 by Christmas…" His post: http://androidandme.com/2011/04/news/android-and-me-and-you-aka-where-did-taylor-go/#comment-97952

Now I know that is some time from now, but I've said it before(not knowing it was going to be from LG though). If you look at the Nexus history of launch, N1 Jan '10, Nexus S Dec '10 which was almost a year and that is about the time of a successor to any flagship phone. Heading back to Dec this year will be about another year, Dec '11. I've been asking myself, do I wait? If you look at Tegras road map, they mentioned T3 by the end of the year in devices. Personally this changes the game of waiting for me. Will you be wrong to wait? No. Will you be wrong to get the NS now? Not at all. It will still receive the update of course and it is an awesome device still. I mean it is a Nexus phone. But with the latest hardware would be even better. The only thing I could miss and hope for the future Nexus phone is the type of screen and sexy form factor. Another question you might ask yourself is, will Google try & get this out to all carriers on a timely manner? If not, then in a way that's like fragmented. Yea, it's pure, but by time you get one, less then a year later the successor is on it's way because the movement is not for all carriers on a timely manner.

I don't mean to get ahead in this thread. Just thought I spice it up some what thanks to Taylors juicy rumors and embed this in the back of your minds. When it comes to a more solid reality then you'll all be like oh, yea!

We can now return back to our daily routines :). Nexus S/4G is still a device to get today. The only way I can see that slowing down is if several future overhaul updates come into play. Until then, you can't go wrong.

It's all good brother I have an upgrade in June and another February ;) letting the little lady use the June one and I will get nexus 3 in Dec ,january and use my current nexus as a back up phone ;)

currently i have a "quick messaging" phone from att with the unlimited text/data for $30 a month.. if i get this phone, can i pop my sim in, and still use the $30 unlimited text/data??? or will i have to call att and get a data plan?

currently i have a "quick messaging" phone from att with the unlimited text/data for $30 a month.. if i get this phone, can i pop my sim in, and still use the $30 unlimited text/data??? or will i have to call att and get a data plan?

If you don't change your data plan they will automatically add a data plan to this phone. They did it when I had the tmobile one

It should work with the $30 data plan. It won't work with the $10/$15 unlimited data plans for feature phones. I'd assume the $30 data plan you have is the original unlimited data plan AT&T offered for those with iPhones and such, so it should be fine.

Since the unlimited plan isn't offered anymore, I'd say try it first and only call in if it doesn't work because they'll just try to force you onto the $25 2GB data plan. You're grandfathered in for the unlimited data plan, so don't let them try to take it away from you.

It should work with the $30 data plan. It won't work with the $10/$15 unlimited data plans for feature phones. I'd assume the $30 data plan you have is the original unlimited data plan AT&T offered for those with iPhones and such, so it should be fine.

Since the unlimited plan isn't offered anymore, I'd say try it first and only call in if it doesn't work because they'll just try to force you onto the $25 2GB data plan. You're grandfathered in for the unlimited data plan, so don't let them try to take it away from you.

Oh I misunderstood yea you can keep your unlimited that's what I have

regarding to the plans conversation, that's why I am happy with Sprint. It's all in one. I think I pay around 86.79 a month. Unlimited everything. A fixed set of minutes though. Only for land line calls. The use of house phones are fading it not already so that doesn't bother me.

regarding to the plans conversation, that's why I am happy with Sprint. It's all in one. I think I pay around 86.79 a month. Unlimited everything. A fixed set of minutes though. Only for land line calls. The use of house phones are fading it not already so that doesn't bother me.

Yes but Sprint is not good. When you spend more of your time roaming I'm Verizon what does that tell you ?

Yes but Sprint is not good. When you spend more of your time roaming I'm Verizon what does that tell you ?

The appeal to Sprint has always been its devices, but the release cycle for new devices is a little slow. It ends up with awesome devices one year but stale ones the next. When it's on the kick-ass device cycle, I'm always tempted to join up, but Sprint's coverage is a bit sparse in my area. That and WiMax has always been a failed standard for mobile phones.

The appeal to Sprint has always been its devices, but the release cycle for new devices is a little slow. It ends up with awesome devices one year but stale ones the next. When it's on the kick-ass device cycle, I'm always tempted to join up, but Sprint's coverage is a bit sparse in my area. That and WiMax has always been a failed standard for mobile phones.

Have to agree with all points. It's a scenario where they always try but never get it right. They had to be different and go Wimax and now they see its a dying proposition and they want to switch to LTE. Just lame. Same thing with their devices like you said.

Well, I have Wimax in my area(Alexandria, Va). It's in a lot of parts of Va. I love the plans and I mean it satisfies me. I can say their Android line up is starting to look more in-depth to me now. They're not scared to be first. That dual screen was a flop to me but you had to introduce it some how. The next version very well maybe something to look at. It's like trial and error. Epic was pretty sweet to me with the keyboard add-on & 4G. Evo, well, we all can look at the success that brought. The Hero was a entry device & one of the first with HTC Sense on it. Android was still trying to break through then. You have these new Palm devices coming. A little to late, but I think it will be good for target consumers. Several Tab options. The Sprint version of the XOOM was leaked in photos last month & a long with the rumored Sprint version of the Atrix. I remember when that was going by the terminator before we even seen the device. Taylor Wimberly had me psyched about it. It was rumored to be on every carrier in due time, so maybe it will. The Bionic is basically Verizon's version.The Flyer, I'm sure the Palm pad will head our way as well, & I won't be surprised if Sammy ships their pads to every carrier. Variety is an option & increasing on Sprint to me. I also think Sprint is the option to choose for the Google experience. Evo itself is a brand and not a successor line up. It represents evolution and the next best thing. I think that's why they took the 3D screens to the Evo and didn't call it the Evo II. It almost made me think there could be an Evo II. I doubt though. These are the benefits I see and I think more is on the horizon. Of course we all see different and not every carrier is the best in every spot for everyone.

see its not the 30 dollar unlimited data plan that used to be for smartphones like the iphone etc. i've had it for a year now, it was for quick messaging phones, which included unlimited text and data for 30?? thats y im wondering if this will work.. i talked to att reps about it, and they said i'll have to change it to the 2 data choices they offer, but then i'll lose unlimited texting which if i want that is another 20 bucks...

just trying to find out if i get this phone; since its unlocked... and when i pop my sim in, if i will have to upgrade to there 2 data choices... OR if my current unlimited data/text plan that i have on my quick messaging phone will work??

just trying to find out if i get this phone; since its unlocked... and when i pop my sim in, if i will have to upgrade to there 2 data choices... OR if my current unlimited data/text plan that i have on my quick messaging phone will work??

AT&T's $10/$15 unlimited data plans (intended for feature and messaging phones) will not work for any smartphones that are in their database. The Nexus S is, unfortunately, in AT&T's database (both the AT&T and T-Mobile 3G versions).

The $10/$15 data plans are/were available to those with family or individual text messaging, which sounds like what you have. If that's the case, you'll have to upgrade to the $15 200MB or $25 2GB tiered data plans.

If you're certain you can stay under 200MB of data per month, that $15 data plan plus unlimited messaging will come out to the same you're paying now. If you use your phone as a smartphone though, I promise you that you'll go over that 200MB limit, and each time you do, another $15 is tacked onto your bill for an additional 200MB (which is dumb since a true TIERED plan would charge you the extra $10 and up the limit to 2GB).

AT&T knows that some people with smartphones don't use them and use like 20MB per month tops. But light users will use just over 200MB, which is why AT&T made that the limit for the cheaper plan.

Back
Top Bottom