• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just Received The New Nexus S On AT&T

see its not the 30 dollar unlimited data plan that used to be for smartphones like the iphone etc. i've had it for a year now, it was for quick messaging phones, which included unlimited text and data for 30?? thats y im wondering if this will work.. i talked to att reps about it, and they said i'll have to change it to the 2 data choices they offer, but then i'll lose unlimited texting which if i want that is another 20 bucks...

Ok and if its not the unlimited then you will have to change to a smartphone plan

Those of you with the ATT Nexus S: does the video camera record in 720p or just 720 x 480 like the TMobile version?
Also is it HSUPA compatible out of the box or crippled like my Atrix?

Those of you with the ATT Nexus S: does the video camera record in 720p or just 720 x 480 like the TMobile version?

I will know tomorrow, Mine is actually at the Fedex express in detroit I`m 2 hours away from mine and its killing me lol, so I will know tomorrow, I do have the Atrix 4g now and I`m selling it, I want a true google phone like I had in my nexus one, so thats way I`m going to the nexus s but I will let you know tomorrow.:D

I will know tomorrow, Mine is actually at the Fedex express in detroit I`m 2 hours away from mine and its killing me lol, so I will know tomorrow, I do have the Atrix 4g now and I`m selling it, I want a true google phone like I had in my nexus one, so thats way I`m going to the nexus s but I will let you know tomorrow.:D

Same here. I have had a few Droid and none are the same as the nexus experience

Same here. I have had a few Droid and none are the same as the nexus experience

yeah I started out with the nexus one then went to the droid incredible then droid x and then the Atrix 4g, I can`t wait for pure google again:Dracked

the dual processor isn`t all cracked up to what everyone claims lol:D

Hello Guys. New to the Forum. I got the same one except from a store in New York City. Very Impressive. I really really like the fact that I have yet to drop a call with this phone. The Inspire 4G was SO SLOW. This phone is so fast. Very Very Impressed, Not The Normal Crappy AT&T Service.

I have the CDN model but it's the same as the AT&T version and the video is 480, not 720. I believe the hardware is capable of 720, but I don't really care if it gets updated or not - I have a 1080 camcorder for video - the right tool for the job.
:)
Yup, HSUPA is crippled just like the Atrix which I had and returned as it was an over-hyped gimmick. Flashing a different radio (KB3) fixes the issue, and speeds of 5mb/3mb are possible with a decent carrier. Clearly Google/Samsung allowed the HSUPA to be crippled to appease AT&T. Either that or it's a bug and the other radio software fixes it.
:(

I have a blackberry bold (ATT) for work that I use as my main phone...If I buy this Nexus S can I swap the SIM into the Nexus S and receive data and everything without changing plan? I would want to do this on weekends instead of using the Bold. Work is fine with me using it as a personal device...I just know they don't want to change the plan every week.

Thanks in advance.

I have a blackberry bold (ATT) for work that I use as my main phone...If I buy this Nexus S can I swap the SIM into the Nexus S and receive data and everything without changing plan? I would want to do this on weekends instead of using the Bold. Work is fine with me using it as a personal device...I just know they don't want to change the plan every week.

Thanks in advance.

yes this is doable

I have the CDN model but it's the same as the AT&T version and the video is 480, not 720. I believe the hardware is capable of 720, but I don't really care if it gets updated or not - I have a 1080 camcorder for video - the right tool for the job.
:)

Yup, HSUPA is crippled just like the Atrix which I had and returned as it was an over-hyped gimmick. Flashing a different radio (KB3) fixes the issue, and speeds of 5mb/3mb are possible with a decent carrier. Clearly Google/Samsung allowed the HSUPA to be crippled to appease AT&T. Either that or it's a bug and the other radio software fixes it.
:(

That's too bad. I'd love to buy this thing and sell my Atrix but for $600 it should probably include an HD recorder. I imagine when it's sold at att (if it's sold at att) the HSUPA will be flipped on but even with vanilla 2.3 it's not enough to make me switch from my Atrix. I'll give att some time to flip on the HSUPA and maybe the 2.3 update.

That's too bad. I'd love to buy this thing and sell my Atrix but for $600 it should probably include an HD recorder. I imagine when it's sold at att (if it's sold at att) the HSUPA will be flipped on but even with vanilla 2.3 it's not enough to make me switch from my Atrix. I'll give att some time to flip on the HSUPA and maybe the 2.3 update.

You really must have never owned a nexus device.

I haven't but I would like to. I know it's a fantastic phone but the feature set just isn't there yet. Since all it really boils down to at this point is vanilla 2.3 I can't justify the extra $$$.

I haven't but I would like to. I know it's a fantastic phone but the feature set just isn't there yet. Since all it really boils down to at this point is vanilla 2.3 I can't justify the extra $$$.

Well the pure Google experience and vanilla Android coupled with the updates. Make hardware like the atrix seem gimmicky. The software hums and works like no other. Also the updates with the newest toys from Google outweighs anything. For example we will get Google music first it might take other handsets a year to get it

Very cool I got my white nexus S love it. Seem to have a little connectivity issue every once in a while. I will see what that is about

I am supposed to receive mine Thursday from Negri (white as well). What type of issues are you having? Dropping signal completely? Did yours come with 2.3.1 loaded on it or did you upgrade it yourself?

I just received my at 2:34 and load my ATT sim card works perfect connects perfect to my ATT 3g micro cell at work pic is below :D

DSCN1368.jpg

I am supposed to receive mine Thursday from Negri (white as well). What type of issues are you having? Dropping signal completely? Did yours come with 2.3.1 loaded on it or did you upgrade it yourself?

None now called att gave them my imei. All is awesome :) PS this phone is as great as I remember and I love the white

Back
Top Bottom