• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just Received The New Nexus S On AT&T

Andrea, got any speed test numbers you can share?

1483 kbps down 156 kbps up plainfield NJ server- ping 263
1359 down 177 up red bank nj server - ping 480
1334 down 132 up Newark NJ server - ping 480
1269 down 133 up Ny, Ny server- ping 242

Typical AT&T as I am on wifi 99% of the time the speeds dont bother me although there are many ways on XDA to change this some as easy as editing your build.prop file and changing the handshake number in that file

Quick question for everyone here.

My company is with AT&T, so I ordered the White Nexus S and should be here today. But here is the problem. I am currently with Sprint and they are porting my number over today to AT&T. so really I should be able to go to an AT&T store get a sim and have them associate it to the device correct?

Am I missing anything?

Thanks

My company is with AT&T, so I ordered the White Nexus S and should be here today. But here is the problem. I am currently with Sprint and they are porting my number over today to AT&T. so really I should be able to go to an AT&T store get a sim and have them associate it to the device correct?

Am I missing anything?

Thanks

Yes if they are porting your number contact att tell them you are waiting for your phone then you can go into a store and get a sim

Am I missing anything?

Thanks

Just curious, why didn't you wait until the 4G Nexus came out(most likely in a few days to a week at the most)? Just asking cause you said you are on Sprint and your switching.

I was just curious, the screen is still deep and vivid right? I remember the update Google sent out and people were complaining about the colors looking a little washed out.

I would say that the colors look even better to me. But i have them slightly adjusted from normal 2.3.3

No problem. The reality is depending on what you need or want from your android. For instance I love the pure Google relationship and vanilla android. Its fast streamlined efficient and smooth. I think the nexus S is lighter has a better screen with the super amoled and has supierior software. The inspire has a bigger screen but not by much its fractionally bigger in width. The inspire flies for a phone with a skin as well. I just found the insessent syncing annoying and when it synched the phone would slow down. The nexus S feels better in the hand and pocket. All in all if you want the essence of android get a Nexus phone. If you don't mind a skin and bloatware the Inspire is a real good phone. PS the atrix is not worth it. Many issues buggy slow and cheapy
Incessant syncing by the Inspire? Can this be configured via settings or in apps?

The only reason I am a bit hesitant on the NS is the unrefined camera (touch to focus, zoom) and VGA video recording. Thanks!

Incessant syncing by the Inspire? Can this be configured via settings or in apps?

The only reason I am a bit hesitant on the NS is the unrefined camera (touch to focus, zoom) and VGA video recording. Thanks!

It can but the Inspire needs the sync for all the sense stuff. Also the camera is easily remedied with apps from the market except for HD recording but that could be a software fix as well

It can but the Inspire needs the sync for all the sense stuff. Also the camera is easily remedied with apps from the market except for HD recording but that could be a software fix as well
Thanks Andrea! Yeah I do use the camera and vid rec quite a bit as we have a small 1 yr old girl, so we use the phone whenever a real cam is not within reach.

Just got my nexus s all setup and it is awesome. I had the evo and there is no comparison this is a night and day difference

1483 kbps down 156 kbps up plainfield NJ server- ping 263
1359 down 177 up red bank nj server - ping 480
1334 down 132 up Newark NJ server - ping 480
1269 down 133 up Ny, Ny server- ping 242

Typical AT&T as I am on wifi 99% of the time the speeds dont bother me although there are many ways on XDA to change this some as easy as editing your build.prop file and changing the handshake number in that file

I am getting similar speed on my Nexus S (ATT). My network settings say I am on HSDPA (not +). I have looked all over XDA but cant find out how to remove the throttle. You mentioned it so I thought you might have a link.

I am already rooted and running CM7. Thanks

Mine is GR154

Just looking into the radio thing more I was seeing that people who bought from Negri were receiving build GRI54. My white 9020a from Negri is build GRI40 though. What does this mean (I flashed the kb3 radio from GRI54)? Is this something that matters? Is my phone older somehow?

Today is day 2 with mine and I'm absolutely thrilled with this phone.

That's saying a lot since I've been a phone enthusiast for well over five years and had an obscene number of phones, both domestic and unlocked from a distributor I know in Hong Kong.

It's a travel day for me and I'm in the airport at LAX using wifi.

I've been approached no fewer than four times by others who have noticed this phone. I'm so surprised since it looks like any other smartphone from a distance. Especially since it's black.

The pure Android experience is something that is so much better than any other. Even though I had a Nexus One, that was when they were first released and the OS improvements are massive.

The moment I received mine I unpacked it, charged it, and have been using it nearly non stop. So far not a single issue has cropped up, how sweet is that?

I can't wait for AT&T to get these, as I will buy another for my wife, and then we will be centered on the same phone.

Even though I still have a few other Androids on my other lines, I have promoted this phone to my "new" primary handset, since I now have one I can really count on to operate as an excellent phone. The call quality is second to none, and that's very important as I will use it for business calls as well.

Hope the rest of you are equally happy with yours... :)

Today is day 2 with mine and I'm absolutely thrilled with this phone.

That's saying a lot since I've been a phone enthusiast for well over five years and had an obscene number of phones, both domestic and unlocked from a distributor I know in Hong Kong.

It's a travel day for me and I'm in the airport at LAX using wifi.

I've been approached no fewer than four times by others who have noticed this phone. I'm so surprised since it looks like any other smartphone from a distance. Especially since it's black.

The pure Android experience is something that is so much better than any other. Even though I had a Nexus One, that was when they were first released and the OS improvements are massive.

The moment I received mine I unpacked it, charged it, and have been using it nearly non stop. So far not a single issue has cropped up, how sweet is that?

I can't wait for AT&T to get these, as I will buy another for my wife, and then we will be centered on the same phone.

Even though I still have a few other Androids on my other lines, I have promoted this phone to my "new" primary handset, since I now have one I can really count on to operate as an excellent phone. The call quality is second to none, and that's very important as I will use it for business calls as well.

Hope the rest of you are equally happy with yours... :)

Exactly where I am at love this phone.

Just ordered a black one from mobilecity online! Did one day shipping so hoping to receive Monday/Tuesday! Can't wait...first android phone!

Back
Top Bottom