• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just Received The New Nexus S On AT&T

None now called att gave them my imei. All is awesome :) PS this phone is as great as I remember and I love the white

Glad you are enjoying your phone! Debating on ordering mine from negri or mobilecity online...but most likely pulling the trigger tonight!

Do you have to call ATT and give them your IMEI?

I never did and havn`t had any problems I have a 3g micro tower at work I will see if the 3g speed is crippled on mine tomorrow:D

I appreciate you checking on that. Also, how much did you get for your Atrix?

its on ebay right now at has about a day left on the auction and its at 425.00 but thats a unlocked phone too so we shall see how much it goes for.:D

I just received my at 2:34 and load my ATT sim card works perfect connects perfect to my ATT 3g micro cell at work pic is below :D

DSCN1368.jpg

Oh, and the phone is beautiful. Love the deep black, even on the phone itself.

It should work with the $30 data plan. It won't work with the $10/$15 unlimited data plans for feature phones. I'd assume the $30 data plan you have is the original unlimited data plan AT&T offered for those with iPhones and such, so it should be fine.

Since the unlimited plan isn't offered anymore, I'd say try it first and only call in if it doesn't work because they'll just try to force you onto the $25 2GB data plan. You're grandfathered in for the unlimited data plan, so don't let them try to take it away from you.

When doing something like this is AT&T going to make you sign a new contract if your current one has expired? I have a plan from a carrier that was bought out by AT&T that has expired but I'm thinking I"ll want to at least add a data plan to it for the feature phone I currently have until I can obtain a smartphone.

When doing something like this is AT&T going to make you sign a new contract if your current one has expired? I have a plan from a carrier that was bought out by AT&T that has expired but I'm thinking I"ll want to at least add a data plan to it for the feature phone I currently have until I can obtain a smartphone.

No, they cannot make you sign a contract just by changing your plan. They only make you sign a contract when selling you a subsidized device. In California (maybe even nation wide) it's actually illegal for a carrier to force you to sign a contract without offering contract-free options; they have to give you the option to buy devices at full price without a contract (which with the iPhone, Apple somehow gets away with this. It's ridiculous).

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between this phone on negri and the one att will release? I am really thinking about ordering

Thanks

I sold it to one of my good friends. He wanted out of his iPhone and I wanted back to nexus. Solution worked for both.
Ok cool. I know you were pretty high on the Inspire. Now that you have the Nexus S, how about a comparison? I am still on my Captivate but will qualify for early renewal due to the various problems with it. Knowing that at&t will probably not subsidize the NS, but I'm still considering it as an option anyway, along with the Inspire, SII and Atrix. Thx!

Ok cool. I know you were pretty high on the Inspire. Now that you have the Nexus S, how about a comparison? I am still on my Captivate but will qualify for early renewal due to the various problems with it. Knowing that at&t will probably not subsidize the NS, but I'm still considering it as an option anyway, along with the Inspire, SII and Atrix. Thx!

No problem. The reality is depending on what you need or want from your android. For instance I love the pure Google relationship and vanilla android. Its fast streamlined efficient and smooth. I think the nexus S is lighter has a better screen with the super amoled and has supierior software. The inspire has a bigger screen but not by much its fractionally bigger in width. The inspire flies for a phone with a skin as well. I just found the insessent syncing annoying and when it synched the phone would slow down. The nexus S feels better in the hand and pocket. All in all if you want the essence of android get a Nexus phone. If you don't mind a skin and bloatware the Inspire is a real good phone. PS the atrix is not worth it. Many issues buggy slow and cheapy

Anyone who got their's from Negri, what is the build number? i remember the engadget video for the white one saying its not GRI40 but GRI54 instead.. mines not in yet so i cant check

Anyone who got their's from Negri, what is the build number? i remember the engadget video for the white one saying its not GRI40 but GRI54 instead.. mines not in yet so i cant check

yeah I have the black one and its GRI54, also On the speed test with my ATT micro 3G tower thats suppose to give me 3g speeds the Speed test is all over the place 2.08 download and upload is .14-.40 and on wifi its a stable 3.08 download and upload 1.09 so I`m not sure if the stupid Microcell is throttled down or its the phone, I`m going to be in a regular 3g this weekend and I will see how it acts there with the up load speed:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom