• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL] [FROYO] fOCkv1.1.2

mantera

Android Expert
Disclaimer: By downloading and installing this kernel, you are assuming all risk. There are no implied warranties of any kind.

It seems to be working for me but try this at your own risk... Don't come crying to anyone here if you fry your phone... Don't overclock if you don't feel comfortable taking the risk!

This kernel is based on theOC but packaged to work on FROYO roms. Note: I have only tested this on the stock deodexed rom but it should work on any FROYO rom that also uses b_randon14's FROYO kernel.

Instructions:

Flash Zip file in CWM.

File (changelog and credits is in 2nd post):
fOCkv1.1.2.zip

fOCkv1.1.2.zip

fOCkv1.1.0.zip

fOCkv1.1.0.zip

froyo.png

Here's a link to a pretty good description of what seems to be most or all of the known available governors and IO schedulers in use in Android kernels by knzo at xda:
[REF] Quasar kernel governors and I/O schedulers manual - xda-developers

Governors:
His summary:
(in my (knzo's) humble opinion)

• Battery: 1st place - InteractiveX | 2nd place - Smartass | 3rd place - SavagedZen
  • Performance: 1st place - Minmax | 2nd place - Smartass2 | 3rd place - SavagedZen

IO Scheduler:
To sum up:
(in my (knzo's) humble opinion)

• Performance: 1st place - VR
  • Reliability: 1st place - Simple
In case anyone feels like it-

changelog:
fOCkv1.1.2.zip
-reverted wakelock held by bt and wifi -should not be needed on froyo roms
-reverted 2 sensor wakelock commit to attempt to fix lockscreen during call issue

fOCkv1.1.0.zip
-fixed FFC being upside down

fOCk1.0.4.zip
Initial version
Features:
-kernel patched to version 2.6.32.21
-clock frequencies: 61 MHz - 2016 MHz
-includes most of Whyzor's kernel updates
-uses Whyzor's latest touchscreen driver
-Default io scheduler is sio
-Default goveror is interactive
-using same gpu drivers as in cm9
- added 2way calling patch. Thanks to avs333 for the patch and DoomLord for the port of the patch.

Need to use CallRecorder app from skvalex or rVoix.apk from avs333. More info can be found on this thread on xda:
[DEV] Two-way call recording on Desire [ALMOST SOLVED][Sept. 7 update] - xda-developers

Here's the post by skvalex listing his latest trial version of CallRecorder:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [Android 2.2+] CallRecorder - record phone calls from the phone line

Here's the market link for CallRecorder:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.skvalex.callrecorder

I tested the CallRecorder app and the sound quality was excellent for a recording--if you're into that sort of thing. I did not test the rVoix.apk yet at this time.
-I used b_randon14's initramfs files so thanks to him. However, I changed the filesystem back to mounting as EXT3.

Thanks goes to: Issacj87, Tickerguy, DooMLoRD, Napstar, b_randon14, FPX, pwnyourace, and avs333.

source:
https://github.com/mantera/WX_435_Kernel-CM7

In case you feel like it:

lol. thanks. Hopefully I won't have to change the name any time... :)

no problem. and im sure you wont. the forum rules say its allowed as long as long as its not directed toward users.

like as long as your kernel isnt saying "f$#! you kernel v1.0" you'll be all good :D

Sorry for the noob question but say I am using Minimal Triumph v1.0.5 rom and would like to use this kernel with that rom.....all I have to do is Flash the Zip file in CWM? Do I have to wipe cache or anything like that?

BTW thanks Mantera!

Sorry for the noob question but say I am using Minimal Triumph v1.0.5 rom and would like to use this kernel with that rom.....all I have to do is Flash the Zip file in CWM? Do I have to wipe cache or anything like that?

BTW thanks Mantera!

Well I just flash it to froyocream and just wipe cache and dilvik and it all running good :)

This kernel is awesome on Minimal Triumph, thanks! Finally I get to use CallRecorder on Froyo, handy little app

^^ You flash the GPU drivers seperately at your own risk!

The new drivers didn't work for me, it made my entire screen black after the boot logo. Good thing I did a nandroid backup right before flashing them.

This kernel is awesome on Minimal Triumph, thanks! Finally I get to use CallRecorder on Froyo, handy little app

^^ You flash the GPU drivers seperately at your own risk!

The new drivers didn't work for me, it made my entire screen black after the boot logo. Good thing I did a nandroid backup right before flashing them.

Really??? It worked fine for me I put it into the Rom zip before I flashed works great videos are a lot smoother :)

Ill try pushing them with Terminal later today...pretty happy with the improvement on MT ROM with just the Kernel alone..makes Block Breaker 3 HD & NBA JAM extremely smooth and responsive

Question is the updated adreno drivers already in the kernel or do u flash seperately op got me confused

There's 2 parts to the GPU drivers. Part of it is built into the kernel. You need this part in order for the kernel to be able to use the external modules that are in the 2nd part.

The 2nd part are the extra files in the egl-froyo.zip file which you need to flash separately to get the full effect.

Back
Top Bottom