• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][GB] H426 - BDTweaks now on Google Play (06/24/13)

Just I installed it. Like the improved ui. I'll play with the swappiness settings and see if I notice any difference.

Got a question. I was trying out the "scary" governor and noticed that it wasn't respecting my clock speed minimum. I have it set to 220 but when I looked at cpu spy, I noticed that it was spending a fairly significant amount of time at 120. Is that by design? Or is there a flaw in the governor?

I assume it was with screen off it just uses the lowest setting to do background stuff, but I just found it interesting that it didn't go with what I had set as the minimum in the settings.

Thanks for any feedback.

Got a question. I was trying out the "scary" governor and noticed that it wasn't respecting my clock speed minimum. I have it set to 220 but when I looked at cpu spy, I noticed that it was spending a fairly significant amount of time at 120. Is that by design? Or is there a flaw in the governor?

I assume it was with screen off it just uses the lowest setting to do background stuff, but I just found it interesting that it didn't go with what I had set as the minimum in the settings.

Thanks for any feedback.

is that the only gov thats done that? if so its probably just a bug with scary.

Just wanted to post to say thanks for everything you've done for the LG Marquee community (and to encourage fellow lurkers/leechers like myself to send Bloodawn a little token of appreciation his efforts).

Did want to ask though -- does installing this Kernel enable the GPU on the Marquee, or is that feature of the particular ROM that's being used? I'm currently running rooted stock with standard-clock HK right now. Very stable and responsive, so I'd like to continue with my current configuration, if I can.

Just wanted to post to say thanks for everything you've done for the LG Marquee community (and to encourage fellow lurkers/leechers like myself to send Bloodawn a little token of appreciation his efforts).

Did want to ask though -- does installing this Kernel enable the GPU on the Marquee, or is that feature of the particular ROM that's being used? I'm currently running rooted stock with standard-clock HK right now. Very stable and responsive, so I'd like to continue with my current configuration, if I can.

as long as the phone has power the GPU is always on, but the kernel does have lg-dvfs enabled which increases the GPU performance and the GPU is overclocked from 200 to 300. hopefully that answers your question.

and thank you for the donation, I really appreciate it.

been working on the toolbox some more. now you can see the cpu scaling and what frequencies have been used and for how long.

screenshot-1367645375891.png

screenshot-1367645395108.png

Yeah I agreed it's looking great. That's an awsome feature. Love it Blood.

Lol. Very cool stuff. I initially thought you had already posted the new version on the OP so I went and downloaded the file, flashed it and ran the app.... Same version I already have! Lol. Oops I guess I am a little bit too eager! Now I see that it's just a preview of what is coming, not an announcement of the new version.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing it!

Been working on this for almost a month

HKToolbox v2.1.0
Brand new UI
Swipe between screens
Added scaling to CPU Control
Added CPU Stats screen
Added Set on boot option for each screen
Optimizations
Bug fixes

Settings are done different now so you'll have to reset and enable stuff after you update.

Heres some screenshots of the changes:
screenshot-1368748562692.png

screenshot-1368750536379.png

screenshot-1368748596249.png

screenshot-1368748603472.png

screenshot-1368748616813.png

screenshot-1368748623985.png

as long as the phone has power the GPU is always on, but the kernel does have lg-dvfs enabled which increases the GPU performance and the GPU is overclocked from 200 to 300. hopefully that answers your question.

Yes it does, thanks. Any chance it would be possible that future versions will allow us to adjust the GPU clock?

Yes it does, thanks. Any chance it would be possible that future versions will allow us to adjust the GPU clock?

I'm not going to promise anything since right now I dunno how to add support so the user can change it, but if I ever figure it out I'll add it.

Sweet! Now that I have to reboot to flash this, I thought I'd quickly report on the performance of the kernel. I just checked and my phone has been up for 8 days, 7 hours.

Just yesterday I noticed a little flakey behavior that made me think that a reboot was in order. Now I have an excuse!

Thanks for everything! Real question - What's your next phone so I can make sure to follow you? :D

I'm not sure if I'll be working on any new phones any time soon. I already upgraded my phone to the Nexus 4 like 6 months ago, but I don't dev anything for it since theres no need.

Back
Top Bottom