• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][GB] H426 - BDTweaks now on Google Play (06/24/13)

I was thinking more of Return of the Living Dead than Guns N' Roses but now that you mention it.

I'm on vacation until Tues. I'll give it a try whenever I've got a reliable wifi source. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Oh yeah I am not as scared of Guns N' Roses as I am an army of indestructible zombies. :D

Speaking of Guns and Roses, I know Duff's brother and sister-in-law pretty well. He's a pretty good musician himself. I guess it runs in the family. lol ;):D

Speaking of Guns and Roses, I know Duff's brother and sister-in-law pretty well. He's a pretty good musician himself. I guess it runs in the family. lol ;):D

Duff seems to be a pretty cool guy from what I've read. Recovered from fame and drugs and made a nice respectable life.

I never met Duff or listened to much Guns N' Roses much. I am more Techno and Dance than Metal or Grunge.

I never met Duff or listened to much Guns N' Roses much. I am more Techno and Dance than Metal or Grunge.

I listened to metal for many years. The older I get the less I listen to it though. It gives me a headache sometimes. Lol:D I still like that good old fashioned rock and roll though.

Just flashed the OC Kernel with the newest version of ctmod. My phone is running great too. I've got all the options selected in the toolbox and its all working well.

Using the Overclocked kernel with CT 8 and my marquee is zooming. It took some time to settle in and warm up . This OC Kernel has become my favorite.

I just flashed the oc kernel. Right now, I'm using it with Megatron. The Only thing weird so far is the phone seems to freeze just a couple times during boot up. The animation stops for a few seconds, then continues a bit and then skips a few times before continuing the boot process.

However it so far has been working fine and I've got it up to 1200 so far. Tomorrow I'll try it AT 1300 and see how the phone behaves.

I guess I need to do some reading 'cause I don't really know what all the settings do like the I/O settings and scheduler. Or what (if any) benefits there are to using zram.

But in the mean time I'm enjoying this rom and this kernel! Thanks for all the work you put into this.

I'm just checking here. This is now the "stable" version, which is no longer in Beta, correct? Just making sure, because all the times you put in the Beta versions, you said not to make any changes or additions to init.d.

I was thinking of tweaking some things in there, and just wanted to make sure it's safe to do. (I know, make a backup first, in case I tragically screw up my phone!)

I'm just checking here. This is now the "stable" version, which is no longer in Beta, correct? Just making sure, because all the times you put in the Beta versions, you said not to make any changes or additions to init.d.

I was thinking of tweaking some things in there, and just wanted to make sure it's safe to do. (I know, make a backup first, in case I tragically screw up my phone!)

yea. both H426m and oc are fully stable so you can do what you want now.

Running 90 hours on the m version. M seems so much faster too the previous 1k mhz kernels. Haven't yet tested streaming video files over wifi (which can tax the processor for me a lot) but it's pretty cool that there are 0 issues with it locking up or browser issues that normally prompt a reboot.
My battery life seems better too but for those having issues I recommend doing a fresh install and not mass restoring apps or data . I just restored a few user apps. I individually recreated my Google Apps and other system apps and have had much better results.

Thanks again

Sent from my LG-LS855 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Yes, I was just thinking that I can't even remember the last time I reset my phone. Thanks Blood for taking the time to fix the kernel for us.

Yes, I was just thinking that I can't even remember the last time I reset my phone. Thanks Blood for taking the time to fix the kernel for us.

I just had to reset my phone this afternoon. It hadn't completely frozen, so I was able to reboot without a battery pull, but it was getting incredibly laggy, and even just unlocking the phone was becoming an exercise in patience.

Rebooted, and so far so good. I think it had been up for about 4 days. Like I said, not sure if it was a kernel issue, or just unstable environment, but the reset has improved things.

I'll see how much longer I can go on it now. I have been tweaking the system for better performance and finding wakelocks, so perhaps I broke something. :o.

Oh well, just blabbing. I'm sure there was a different reason than the kernel.

I just had to reset my phone this afternoon. It hadn't completely frozen, so I was able to reboot without a battery pull, but it was getting incredibly laggy, and even just unlocking the phone was becoming an exercise in patience.

Rebooted, and so far so good. I think it had been up for about 4 days. Like I said, not sure if it was a kernel issue, or just unstable environment, but the reset has improved things.

I'll see how much longer I can go on it now. I have been tweaking the system for better performance and finding wakelocks, so perhaps I broke something. :o.

Oh well, just blabbing. I'm sure there was a different reason than the kernel.

Thanks to 512 MB of RAM ;)

Thanks to 512 MB of RAM ;)

That's a good point. I have one question regarding the memory of the phone. Before I rooted my phone, I posted on this forum a question about rooting and somebody commented on the post that rooting could allow you to increase the memory on the phone.

I assume that the poster was referring to some kind of app that will help you to use memory from the card as ram? Does such an app exist and if so, is it recommended? I'm not sure I'd feel safe using the sdcard that way, but I was wondering if you could do it with the internal memory of the phone.

Just a thought. Curious to know anyone's thoughts on the subject.

That's a good point. I have one question regarding the memory of the phone. Before I rooted my phone, I posted on this forum a question about rooting and somebody commented on the post that rooting could allow you to increase the memory on the phone.

I assume that the poster was referring to some kind of app that will help you to use memory from the card as ram? Does such an app exist and if so, is it recommended? I'm not sure I'd feel safe using the sdcard that way, but I was wondering if you could do it with the internal memory of the phone.

Just a thought. Curious to know anyone's thoughts on the subject.

Enabling zram is the only thing you can do to help with ram.

HKToolbox v2.0.0
Completely rewrote the app
Added the option for setting Swappiness
Optimizations
Bug fixes
UI changes

link is in the first post.

since I changed everything you'll have to grant it SU permission again and reapply your settings after you boot up. probably gonna be updating this more when I can to add new features and shit.

heres some screenshots of the new version:

Back
Top Bottom