• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][Linaro][O/C][GPL][31 JAN] A-kernel v3.3-r9-fix JB

Its possible, but I seen this after I put up the first build and I am cautious to mess with these settings as I've bricked (hard bricked. Had to buy a new Rush..) Playing with the ramdisk already. Our phone is sensitive..

Personally I think it may lie in the CPU hotplug driver but just a guess at this point. What's weird is we can change the min frequency, but not the max frequency...

I'll be playing with some code next few days. :-)

Its possible, but I seen this after I put up the first build and I am cautious to mess with these settings as I've bricked (hard bricked. Had to buy a new Rush..) Playing with the ramdisk already. Our phone is sensitive..

Personally I think it may lie in the CPU hotplug driver but just a guess at this point. What's weird is we can change the min frequency, but not the max frequency...

I'll be playing with some code next few days. :-)

You had said that you thought trickstermod was working to set the frequency, but after some testing determined it doesn't. Just out of curiosity what led you to that discovery? What did you use to test? When I set the freq in trickster mod it appears to stick. (Minus the first ~1 min while trickstermod starts up)
ScreenShot_zps6b375959.png

I switched the gov to performance and the max freq to 1024mhz and it didn't go any higher. The only thing I noticed is when I re-open the app the freq selector goes back to max, but as long as I don't apply the settings it still appears to stick.

You had said that you thought trickstermod was working to set the frequency, but after some testing determined it doesn't. Just out of curiosity what led you to that discovery? What did you use to test? When I set the freq in trickster mod it appears to stick. (Minus the first ~1 min while trickstermod starts up)
ScreenShot_zps6b375959.png

I switched the gov to performance and the max freq to 1024mhz and it didn't go any higher. The only thing I noticed is when I re-open the app the freq selector goes back to max, but as long as I don't apply the settings it still appears to stick.

Yeah, and I tested exactly how you are/did. It does seem to stick.
When I flashed a new build I was testing; I went to go back and do some more testing with trickster to try and verify it again, and it wasn't sticking, but I think that was just a fluke or something on my end, because now I'm seeing it stick again... with this new build I'm uploading.

A lot of other kernels out there (even kernels for the same device by different dev's) have issues with different apps (apps report different stats and have different reporting techniques), but trickster seems to be the widest accepted, compatibility wise.

So idk, it seems it does stick in Trickster now (again..)
I probably should've waited and did more testing before posting that "it does not seem to be sticking".

Yeah, and I tested exactly how you are/did. It does seem to stick.
When I flashed a new build I was testing; I went to go back and do some more testing with trickster to try and verify it again, and it wasn't sticking, but I think that was just a fluke or something on my end, because now I'm seeing it stick again... with this new build I'm uploading.

A lot of other kernels out there (even kernels for the same device by different dev's) have issues with different apps (apps report different stats and have different reporting techniques), but trickster seems to be the widest accepted, compatibility wise.

So idk, it seems it does stick in Trickster now (again..)
I probably should've waited and did more testing before posting that "it does not seem to be sticking".

I know you maybe busy, but can you post the latest kernel that you are talking about that works with trickster so I can update the blu beta ROM plz

I know you maybe busy, but can you post the latest kernel that you are talking about that works with trickster so I can update the blu beta ROM plz

Both new builds for 1.4ghz and 1.8ghz are up.
This build also includes init.d support in the flashable zip. Meaning the script will make the init.d folder and set permissions. So you don't have to use the Universal init.d app to enable init.d support.

Remember you need to have BusyBox installed for init.d to actually work.

Just looked at your updater script for shits n giggles... i noticed all of your symlink commands and set permission commands are issued before you mount /system. Doesn't it need to be mounted for those commands to be successful?

Edit- i just checked, /system isn't mounted by default.

Just looked at your updater script for shits n giggles... i noticed all of your symlink commands and set permission commands are issued before you mount /system. Doesn't it need to be mounted for those commands to be successful?

Edit- i just checked, /system isn't mounted by default.

Yeah that stuff is straight from the update script, from the official update. Which is not needed.

Christophourus added it when he made the working flashable zips, but it was an issue with my builds at the time, not the script. So I'll probably remove the symlink stuff soon.

Thanks for checking into stuff Lordvincet :-)
Feel free to keep checking things! Lol (seriously.)

I just inspected that init.qcom.x* file you posted earlier (again) also and confirmed there is nothing there that's limiting the max frequency (or even setting the max frequency; just permissions on the max_cpu file, and sets the min value- among others of course).

Thanks. I may not be able to help in an extremely significant way, but I try to help where I can. I was more just looking at the script to see how you did it and to see if I could learn anything. :)

Thanks. I may not be able to help in an extremely significant way, but I try to help where I can. I was more just looking at the script to see how you did it and to see if I could learn anything. :)

Any help is good, but you did help me realize something actually. You made me think lol :-)
Now I'm digging in.

Does anyone have a copy of the original kernel. I am having problems updating to JB. I think it may be due to a change in the kernel I have.

I just now noticed we even got a JB update, btw. I got the update notification 2 days ago and just now went to re-flash stock kernel so I could flash the update and here is all this JB stuff on the forum. Be nice to finally use Google Now (officially) on this little phone.

So yeah I've been busy moving and such but by next week I should be mostly settled. I should be able to get the new build up in a few days in my build environment works right on my laptop here.

Will update soon.

I just now noticed we even got a JB update, btw. I got the update notification 2 days ago and just now went to re-flash stock kernel so I could flash the update and here is all this JB stuff on the forum. Be nice to finally use Google Now (officially) on this little phone.

So yeah I've been busy moving and such but by next week I should be mostly settled. I should be able to get the new build up in a few days in my build environment works right on my laptop here.

Will update soon.

Fantastic. Is it just me or is the jb update kinda stuttery? Its real jerky and an OC would be great. Cant wait!

Fantastic. Is it just me or is the jb update kinda stuttery? Its real jerky and an OC would be great. Cant wait!

It seems smoother then ICS to me. Could just be my perception. But JB has lots of good stuff in the kernel and OS that helps it run at 60 FPS which makes the whole user experience much better and smoother. If we can get CM on here you would probably notice the full potential of JB. Touchwiz is not Samsung's best implementation.. To say the least.

But enough of that and on to building some source :-)
Hopefully I can improve more upon the kernel with what I've learned over the past few weeks. First things first to get a basic OC build out.

I agree it does run quite well though. Why not make it run even BETTER? Haha! And yes touchwiz isnt the best and cm would be cool. Is it easier to get on Jb compared to ics?

I agree it does run quite well though. Why not make it run even BETTER? Haha! And yes touchwiz isnt the best and cm would be cool. Is it easier to get on Jb compared to ics?

CM 10+ will be easier to get on here now, yes. I'm going to start tinkering next week with it. I finally have a fast and stable connection at my new place so it's easier for me to work. Before I had to download and upload over a 6mbps AT&T line because Brighthouse's 40mbps always drops packets and causes CRC errors. Basically couldn't download anything... But yeah.

Actually my phone kept crashing and being weird after the update. But I finally did a full factory reset and everything is good and stable now.

There is A LOT of changes on the kernel side: https://github.com/animania260/andr...mmit/2b30f464b440689d412eed2bd548ad44f032e464

Updates everywhere.
Hoping to have a build up tonight.

Back
Top Bottom