• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL] Plague Overclock Kernel for LG Esteem MS910 - UPDATED!

PlayfulGod, Is there a overclock kernal built yet and I know this is an old post but I didn't find any other realitive info concerning this development. If you have anything valueable to point me in the right direction. could the overclock kernal be done with eclipse and port from similiar kernal? I'm new to this so I hope this is not stupid question.

They got an overclock kernel and plan to release it when they release cwm :D
very true, and there will prolly more improvements added to the kernel in the mean time. ;)

Reactions: yahhboy
Upvote 0
[APP] Flash Image GUI

i dunno...but it's worth a try...maybe you can ask joeykrim to make an app that works on LG...or maybe someone can modify this app to run on this phone...?

just a thought

Very sketchy at this time since there is no recovery or way of unbricking DO AT YOUR OWN RISK, you should rather just wait or at least help test instead of very likely bricking my phone in one touch :)

Upvote 0
exaclty what are you going to flash with that?
i'm not going to flash anything...i'm currently on an Indulge...and i am waiting to see if the Esteem get's CM7 before the indulge...

but this is for flashing kernels and recoveries with a couple of the samsung phones...

this is merely a suggestion to the forum on a way to flash kernels and/or recoveries without going into recovery mode...like i stated...you might wanna ask joeykrim for help to port this over to the Esteem...or ask one of the other dev's that is working on the esteem to try and do it as well...it is simply a suggestion...

as for anyone who is stupid enough to try and flash something with this on to their esteem...they are an idiot and deserve a bricked phone...it states in the apk and on the thread i linked that is is only for a few phones..

Upvote 0
LOL it's for kernels...
it helps to read stuff before commenting on it

LOL.. There is no "public" kernel . It's better to know before commenting.

It also helps and is better for the Android Forum community to just answer a question, make a statement, or give knowledge/inform without witty smart remarks ("it helps to read stuff before commenting on it" & "It's better to know before commenting.") or just not answer it at all and move on. :)

What PG and MT are doing is compiling/porting a CWR to the Esteem since CWR you can flash anything including kernels, roms, themes, etc, etc. It makes it easier on the community to use just one application/recovery that can flash multiple things and that way its a little more "noob" proof with just one method instead of 2 or 3.

Upvote 0
Well what flash image gui is it makes flashing a recovery noob proof but since its cwr hopefully it'll get intergrated to rom manager :)

It should. How it works is when PG and MT get it all done up and running and bug free they push it to Koush. And then Koush puts his "stamp of approval" on it and pushes to ROM manager,

Upvote 0
It also helps and is better for the Android Forum community to just answer a question, make a statement, or give knowledge/inform without witty smart remarks ("it helps to read stuff before commenting on it" & "It's better to know before commenting.") or just not answer it at all and move on. :)

What PG and MT are doing is compiling/porting a CWR to the Esteem since CWR you can flash anything including kernels, roms, themes, etc, etc. It makes it easier on the community to use just one application/recovery that can flash multiple things and that way its a little more "noob" proof with just one method instead of 2 or 3.

+1 one on paragraph one.. Thats what makes this place great.. People sharing their experiences and knowledge.. Not being @ssholes because they know 'or think' they know more then someone else.. i came to these forums not knowing anything about android.. but from the help of people like nuttmeg, shinyside, pg, toke, and countless others i've learned alot.. i'm still learning, and i know i havent even come close to hittin the tip of the iceberg yet..

and yes one surefire way is better then 2 or 3.. plus it helps the guys and gals here that are willing to help, help.. i for one am all for jumping in head first and seeing what this bad boy can do.. and watching this community grow and help each other.. so we can all have the best experience with this beast..

Upvote 0

That's one of the main reasons I don't post much here... I don't want my head tore off for asking a stupid question. :p

Seriously - this place is a treasure trove of important info with a bunch of great people here that have helped me tremendously over the last few months... and it seems like the most knowledgeable ones are the most friendly and polite too.

As a former Moderator on several other forums until recently, I can tell ya this - nothing runs potential members off faster from a forum of any kind than seeing members quarrel. :(

But back to the topic at hand - nothing would please me more than seeing a recovery for this phone (other than ICS or CM9 ported AND an OC'd Kernel), and I now watch this forum several times a day for it. lol

I just wish I had enough knowledge to help...

Sorry about the soapbox guys... I meant no disrespect to anyone - none whatsoever. :eek:

Upvote 0
That's one of the main reasons I don't post much here... I don't want my head tore off for asking a stupid question. :p

Seriously - this place is a treasure trove of important info with a bunch of great people here that have helped me tremendously over the last few months... and it seems like the most knowledgeable ones are the most friendly and polite too.

As a former Moderator on several other forums until recently, I can tell ya this - nothing runs potential members off faster from a forum of any kind than seeing members quarrel. :(

But back to the topic at hand - nothing would please me more than seeing a recovery for this phone (other than ICS or CM9 ported AND an OC'd Kernel), and I now watch this forum several times a day for it. lol

I just wish I had enough knowledge to help...

Sorry about the soapbox guys... I meant no disrespect to anyone - none whatsoever. :eek:

Annie you are free and encouraged to ask any question you like. Bashing and degrading like you find on a lot of forums around the net is not and will not be tolerated by the moderators here at Android Forums and will be handled with as they see fit. So the members, guides, the moderators and myself and everyone else here encourage and hope you do ask as many questions about any topic even if you think its a " dumb" question. Honestly the only dumb question there is, is a question that's never asked.

Reactions: Pappy62
Upvote 0
...So the members, guides, the moderators and myself and everyone else here encourage and hope you do ask as many questions about any topic even if you think its a " dumb" question. Honestly the only dumb question there is, is a question that's never asked.

I understand - If only I had a dime for every time I told that to one of our forum members... PG and MT would have FIVE Esteems to work with! lol :D

Seriously - if I had a land-line and didn't have to rely on this phone like I do now, I'd be helping out with the testing. (Although in all honesty, it would probably make PG and MT's work go much slower... having to hold my hand and walk me through everything like the noob that I am. lol )

But with all the great info and helpful people here, I am learning!
:p

Upvote 0
some of you guys just need some patience :D
I know from experience to not mess with that kind of stuff until you have a back up plan and you know its going to work with no doubts.
On a side note I will be contributing some money as soon as I can get back on my feet. Just happened to get pulled over and lost my license among other things, so I'll get it to you guys as soon as I can.

Upvote 0
How the cwm that we are running now ( rebooted after 2 minutes still) is installed on the esteem is it uses adb with the .bat file just like how the esteem was rooted. This will most likely be the method of installing cwm since it is how we have been installing the test cwms.
yea it will prolly be a AIO, root and install CWM when all said and done. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones