• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G3 Pre-release/Rumor/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wanna keep unlimited now, pay full price at purchase or upgrade workaround. And they will probably disallow the work around at some point. If I get the G3 I better get it Thursday or Friday.
Yeah I used the workaround, probably my last subsidized upgrade I ever see on my line. Although hopefully VoLTE means a Nexus will be seen again on VZW when it comes time for my next upgrade. :)

P. S. Thanks for the mod work, Early!

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Yeah I used the workaround, probably my last subsidized upgrade I ever see on my line. Although hopefully VoLTE means a Nexus will be seen again on VZW when it comes time for my next upgrade. :)

I know I'm one of the few that believes the Nexus phone will return to Verizon.

Upvote 0
The current plan is to keep this thread going until sometime (probably early) tomorrow when vzw releases their version. Today is the last full day to get your thoughts in. :)

My thoughts...I'm not getting this phone. Like other's have stated, it's a great looking device. If it was just 1080p and there would been a GPE...hands down I would get it. But I'll wait until the fall lineup. I mean its already around the corner so might as well wait. One thing I noticed is that I always take part in the anticipation of a device and then bail out on the last minute haha. To me, in order to make a purchase...I have to feel 100% sure I will love it. I felt that way about the OG EVO and the Galaxy Nexus. I need to have that feeling again. Maybe I'm just crazy and a little too picky and should just buy whatever. For those that have the G3, you have the most gorgeous looking phone in the planet. :)The ride is fun though and I'm sure I'll take part in the next big release. My next device is coming...its just a matter of when.

Upvote 0
It is hard for me to find a reason not to get it. I hate samsung. I'm not a huge fan of HTC. I can get the G3 for $99 and if I don't like it I could sell at anytime in the next 6 months and probably get upwards of $400.

I concur, though I was a huge HTC fan (until the M8). My G3 will be here tomorrow, and I think it's going to be an awesome phone.

Upvote 0

So if I have an upgrade on my own phone line I can move it to another (wife's as example) and then activate the phone on my own line and keep unlimited?

Upvote 0
So if I have an upgrade on my own phone line I can move it to another (wife's as example) and then activate the phone on my own line and keep unlimited?

I've been told by 4 Verizon people that you can't. If the other line has an upgrade you can upgrade that line, Activate, then switch the new phone to your line.

If you move your upgrade to another line and upgrade then you lose unlimited.

Upvote 0
My thoughts...I'm not getting this phone. Like other's have stated, it's a great looking device. If it was just 1080p and there would been a GPE...hands down I would get it. But I'll wait until the fall lineup. I mean its already around the corner so might as well wait. One thing I noticed is that I always take part in the anticipation of a device and then bail out on the last minute haha. To me, in order to make a purchase...I have to feel 100% sure I will love it. I felt that way about the OG EVO and the Galaxy Nexus. I need to have that feeling again. Maybe I'm just crazy and a little too picky and should just buy whatever. For those that have the G3, you have the most gorgeous looking phone in the planet. :)The ride is fun though and I'm sure I'll take part in the next big release. My next device is coming...its just a matter of when.
I'm in the same boat. Hanging on to my GS3 and nothing out now really seems me to blow me away.

What are the odds that there will be a fall lineup? You think there will definitely be a high end phone (not the Note 4) released by the end of Sept?

Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat. Hanging on to my GS3 and nothing out now really seems me to blow me away.

What are the odds that there will be a fall lineup? You think there will definitely be a high end phone (not the Note 4) released by the end of Sept?
I'm looking forward to Android Silver and Project Ara....but those are not coming until 2015. I need something that will hold me until then. The sequel to the moto x is coming. There's also a rumored moto phablet. As far as Nexus? It's still up in the air if there will be one.

Upvote 0

I want to add something to this sentiment. Modding this thread would have been a breeze as most, if not all, of us here have been very well mannered. I thank everyone for that.

What I want to thank Early for his amazing and superior tech perspective. He predicted issues and was spot on on most other tech insights. Thank you, Early. Tbh, he set me straight on stuff. Thanks!

Upvote 0
The current plan is to keep this thread going until sometime (probably early) tomorrow when vzw releases their version. Today is the last full day to get your thoughts in. :)

Don't forget to turn the lights off before locking the door. ;)

As for me I won't say good bye! This was a fantastic thread and I hope to see everyone in other threads. So, my final words are 'See you later'

Upvote 0
I want to add something to this sentiment. Modding this thread would have been a breeze as most, if not all, of us here have been very well mannered. I thank everyone for that.

What I want to thank Early for his amazing and superior tech perspective. He predicted issues and was spot on on most other tech insights. Thank you, Early. Tbh, he set me straight on stuff. Thanks!

Yeah, EM is great.

despite being a freaking tyrant :p

EM The Great.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I'm looking forward to Android Silver and Project Ara....but those are not coming until 2015. I need something that will hold me until then. The sequel to the moto x is coming. There's also a rumored moto phablet. As far as Nexus? It's still up in the air if there will be one.
Thought I saw some rumored specs on the Moto X yesterday. Isn't the Moto X going to be a mid-range phone? Don't think that's something I'm going to be looking for.

What's the likelihood that something with better specs than the current phones will be released on Verizon by end of September?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones