• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Metro Just pushed a firmware ans OS update

As far as I can tell there were two pushed, a firmware update and a Jellybean update, I cannot find build numbers, I just woke up looked at the phone and saw the prompts to do so, initiated said update.....

I have not heard anything about any updates. Does one have to wait for Metro to send something or can one do it oneself?

Upvote 0
I have not heard anything about any updates. Does one have to wait for Metro to send something or can one do it oneself?

you can do it yourself, some phones are not updating yet on their own since the update was just released and aren't recognizing there's a new update yet. Just click the link in my previous post and it has instructions in the list of firmware of how to flash it yourself.

Upvote 0
you can do it yourself, some phones are not updating yet on their own since the update was just released and aren't recognizing there's a new update yet. Just click the link in my previous post and it has instructions in the list of firmware of how to flash it yourself.
Is it a Jellybean update? I don't think it is because I updated and if it was a Jellybean update I'd be able to see emojis

Upvote 0

Thanks, I was just about to do it whence the message came in from Metro. It is updating itself now. Gosh, I hope this helps my phone.

Upvote 0
Cool, I thought this phone was never going to see an update to Jelly Bean.

I'm not a noobie, but I haven't tried to keep up with being an elite either. So, I'm going to ask what could be a basic question.

I just let LG motion go into "retirement" go off service and bought a Alcatel One Step Fierce, because the price seemed so cheap.. The Alcatel is meh, and larger than I'm used to, but my question is

o - can I online switch my plan back to the LG , and have them push the update to my phone? Am I allowed to freely switch between different phones?

Upvote 0
Cool, I thought this phone was never going to see an update to Jelly Bean.

I'm not a noobie, but I haven't tried to keep up with being an elite either. So, I'm going to ask what could be a basic question.

I just let LG motion go into "retirement" go off service and bought a Alcatel One Step Fierce, because the price seemed so cheap.. The Alcatel is meh, and larger than I'm used to, but my question is

o - can I online switch my plan back to the LG , and have them push the update to my phone? Am I allowed to freely switch between different phones?

the update isn't JB

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones