• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

Yes I'm pretty sure u can use either cwm or twrp, and both Roms are very well done so its a toss up of Personal preference but for me with no int2ext script they are useless to me. Then again that is to me

Edit : give DM his credit cuz this ROM is awesome.. Thanks DM , hroark and all who helped get us to this point. 👏🔙🔛🔝

Upvote 0
While I appreciate this ROM I have found some bugs.
1.While testing out the phone I still have problems with low call volume and the speaker-phone is very low. There is still a problem with echo as well for the person on the other end.
2. While using the phone the proximity sensor does not function so the screen is always on during a call. When I enable the proximity sensor in the phone settings, it doesn't "stick" and becomes unchecked again.
3. While fiddling with the phone features listed above I mistakenly turned off the screen. When I tried to get back in I encountered the black lock screen of death.

I so want to use this ROM or CM11, but he phone volumes are preventing me from committing to one.

Upvote 0
While I appreciate this ROM I have found some bugs.
1.While testing out the phone I still have problems with low call volume and the speaker-phone is very low. There is still a problem with echo as well for the person on the other end.
2. While using the phone the proximity sensor does not function so the screen is always on during a call. When I enable the proximity sensor in the phone settings, it doesn't "stick" and becomes unchecked again.
3. While fiddling with the phone features listed above I mistakenly turned off the screen. When I tried to get back in I encountered the black lock screen of death.

I so want to use this ROM or CM11, but he phone volumes are preventing me from committing to one.

Iam not sure what you mean by low call volume . I tweaked that sh*t to the point its almost too loud. However if it truely is a problem iam working on an update as we speak. Things may not be perfect... Yet. But go flash my aokp 4.4.2 and then tell me this isn't a major update. Iam working on smoothing things out. Will have an update asap

Upvote 0
Iam not sure what you mean by low call volume . I tweaked that sh*t to the point its almost too loud. However if it truely is a problem iam working on an update as we speak. Things may not be perfect... Yet. But go flash my aokp 4.4.2 and then tell me this isn't a major update. Iam working on smoothing things out. Will have an update asap

I am not dogging you, just telling you that I am experiencing low in call volume, and the speaker-phone volume is low as well. I changed some settings in your snd_sitar file and have managed to up the in-call volume but the speaker-phone is still too quiet. I have had this problem with Hroark's CM11, Ninja's CM11, your PacRom...none of the CM11 based roms perform out of the box (call volume) like the KK Ports or Dana/Xperion. I know it's not me going deaf because I can hear just fine on the stock ROMs.

FYI - in Notepad++ I changed snd sitar lines:
3388 to 80 (from 61)
3605 to 10:1 (from 67:1)
4013 to 100 (from 67)
4660 to 86 (from 66)

I used those values because they were what was used in Hroark's KK Port, although changing line 4660 doesn't seem to have any affect on the speaker-call, regardless of the value used.

Hopefully some of this post can help others.

Upvote 0

Bro... Wht about the duplicates in zip? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Bro... Wht about the duplicates in zip? :thinking:
d4ced67a152ca9621ac9cb574d451a38.jpg

Where the duplicate at ?

Upvote 0
I am not dogging you, just telling you that I am experiencing low in call volume, and the speaker-phone volume is low as well. I changed some settings in your snd_sitar file and have managed to up the in-call volume but the speaker-phone is still too quiet. I have had this problem with Hroark's CM11, Ninja's CM11, your PacRom...none of the CM11 based roms perform out of the box (call volume) like the KK Ports or Dana/Xperion. I know it's not me going deaf because I can hear just fine on the stock ROMs.

FYI - in Notepad++ I changed snd sitar lines:
3388 to 80 (from 61)
3605 to 10:1 (from 67:1)
4013 to 100 (from 67)
4660 to 86 (from 66)

I used those values because they were what was used in Hroark's KK Port, although changing line 4660 doesn't seem to have any affect on the speaker-call, regardless of the value used.

Hopefully some of this post can help others.

No I apologize ..came off a little asshole ish.
Just have a migraine today ..been fighting it for a week. Anyway. No i don't think youre deaf. But also I know it needs more tweaking and fine tuning. The echo and such.. I fix that too. Everyone's ears are different so this one will take some tinkering

Reactions: Masterchief87
Upvote 0
Yeah. I went all day yesterday without.
Its not 100% yet..bout 90 lol. Some more vsync updates are needed. On that note.. Since lge used the mako "nexus 4" kernel for this device i can pull fb and vsync updates from the mako and probably fix it.
Once I get things where I want them I will rebuild the other ROMs and release new ones.

Upvote 0
Okay so after a day of use I have to say this really is the most stable AOSP rom yet. Although so far I have ran into two black screen of deaths thats way less than on any of the other roms out there.
I agree. It's the most stable kit Kat rom on my phone as well. in call volume is perfect. It's all preference for everyone now, but if you can fix caller echo I can work around the proximity, black screens, no back camera,.etc.

Upvote 0
Yo DM, can we get an md5sum check up in here?
c971f34421225b0131282670ba9b640d Carbon-4.4.4-UNOFFICIAL.DM47021-f6mt.zip

Formatted 3 times, been having those black screens of death, etc.

I think the problem has to do with CPU frequency, as I was using Angablade's CM11 v9 for about a month now, and saw that raising the mincpu from like 384MHz to 468MHz (or something like that) virtually eliminated the black screen of dead issue (haven't had it since, can't say it's a fix, but it worked)

I was using the On Demand CPU governor, NOOP schedule for SD, 1536 cache

Flashed 2 different gApps on 3 different wipes (first 2 wipes were with a recent full gApps build from PA, last with the CM11 gApps)

Other issues that came up:
Switching to quicksettings from notification button was not functional
home and menu buttons were only functional until after gApps (Both tries)
back button acted like it was pressed twice

I think these issues are from a bad download, but I am on such a crap internet connection right now that I can't redownload.
It took me 10 minutes to even connect here!
I agree, as you said if it clocks to 394 while screen is off it locks me up. Since I set it above that I've encountered no issues. If anyone tries this and it works be sure to validate it here as a guide untilba fix Is released.

And if I'm not mistaken back when I had the god awful esteem this was one of the problems and a simple over clock solved it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones