• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

It seems like I only get those black screens of death when I use the power button to turn my screen off

I'll try this. It seems like im getting these black screens every 15 minutes or so now.. maybe thats why. Will report back.

Edit: Didnt take long but i was mid call when my phone randomly rebooted again (call volume seems fixed for me but the other person said there was an echo on their end). Definitely the most stable AOSP rom since I didnt make it 15 minutes with CM11 but it still has a ways to go. Thank you Dm for working on this!

Upvote 0
What runtime should be used I see dalvik and art. I seen in one of the threads for kk that ART runtime should be used but I don't know if I should change it just to see?

Nvm seen the message in the settings.

ART is better than dalvik. I cant quite explain it but a google search will wield you answers. Its supposed to improve performance and what not though at the downside of using more storage for your apps. I would use it but you cant use xposed with ART.

Upvote 0
I've been running this ROM for almost a day now. Everything works fine, speaker/notification volume was actually loud, I had to tone it down a bit. But stability wise, I see a lot of random reboots. after one of those reboot, phone booted itself into 'Safe Mode' (with those words in the corner of the screen). Is there a way to keep track of uptime? I wonder if reboots happen more than I actually notice.
Also Once I ran into black screen of death too.

Thanks for this ROM, and keeping KitKat alive on F6.

Upvote 0
Yeah I will try the over clock now but while we are on the topic of random reboots this is something I never had on cm 11 but just listening to music laying down when about 20min in my phone randomly shuts off this has happened two times now also since the reboots I have had a extremely hard time reconnecting to WiFi is there s way I can boost my phones resorption to WiFi? I know it didn't do this before I flashed

Upvote 0
Yeah I will try the over clock now but while we are on the topic of random reboots this is something I never had on cm 11 but just listening to music laying down when about 20min in my phone randomly shuts off this has happened two times now also since the reboots I have had a extremely hard time reconnecting to WiFi is there s way I can boost my phones resorption to WiFi? I know it didn't do this before I flashed

Weird I haven't had a reboot once I wonder if the CPU plays a factor because my settings are performance and both my cores are running full speeds at all times.

Tbh this is smoother than stock for me beside minor bugs.

Upvote 0
I've been running this ROM for almost a day now. Everything works fine, speaker/notification volume was actually loud, I had to tone it down a bit. But stability wise, I see a lot of random reboots. after one of those reboot, phone booted itself into 'Safe Mode' (with those words in the corner of the screen). Is there a way to keep track of uptime? I wonder if reboots happen more than I actually notice.
Also Once I ran into black screen of death too.

Thanks for this ROM, and keeping KitKat alive on F6.

3c toolbox keeps track of runtime mine is 1day 2 hours.

Upvote 0
I overclocked and my phone would reboot every 10 minutes or so. I would also get the black screen of death and I overclocked using SetCPU

Really, hmmm what governor did you use cause I know certain ones cause bootloops try performance but don't click set on boot . If that don't work I use cpu-z to turn both CPU's on and set both cores to max:1.18 min :494(or above).

Don't click set on boot until you know the phone is stable I have screwed myself so many times lol.

Upvote 0
I've been using my phone constantly for hours since yesterday when I installed this rom. The only time I experience the black screens or reboots is when the phones screen goes off or I turn it off manually. I changed the min CPU value with the performance tab in the rom but it rebooted again when I sat the phone down. I have cpu-z but I couldn't figure out how to change any values or enable both.

I don't recall anyone mentioning their camera not working.. My front facing cam works tho. Is this a known issue?

Upvote 0
I've been using my phone constantly for hours since yesterday when I installed this rom. The only time I experience the black screens or reboots is when the phones screen goes off or I turn it off manually. I changed the min CPU value with the performance tab in the rom but it rebooted again when I sat the phone down. I have cpu-z but I couldn't figure out how to change any values or enable both.

I don't recall anyone mentioning their camera not working.. My front facing cam works tho. Is this a known issue?
Use 3c CPU manager instead didn't realise it was free. There's a page called CPU then there's a small tab labeled gov. drop it down and it will ask to enable multi core support. When that's done the second core should be offline already turn it on and set the CPU up like before but this time turn the max down 1 notch and let me know if it boot loops. Sorry if this is all so confusing I had a hard time doing it myself.

Upvote 0
so yeah calling other people , they couldnt hear me ,screen kept staytng black after it locks. also navigation bar couldnt remove the buttons kept coming back audiosound was stuttering a lil bit when using multipleapps could be cuz of speedissue since there is no overclocking yet which kind of sucks

Upvote 0
Really, hmmm what governor did you use cause I know certain ones cause bootloops try performance but don't click set on boot . If that don't work I use cpu-z to turn both CPU's on and set both cores to max:1.18 min :494(or above).

Don't click set on boot until you know the phone is stable I have screwed myself so many times lol.

I used performance. The problem may be because I didnt see an option to turn both CPU's on and set both cores to 494.. I dont believe SetCPU has an option like that so thats probably my problem.

Upvote 0
I have a new kernel you guys can test out with carbon if you want. Has a lot of updates. SMP hotplug backported from 3.5 .. Cpu boost driver with input boost.. Aka boosts the CPU freq when screen turns on.. Auto hotplug driver with both cores online.
Other patches for speed as well

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?bu3i9u350fm927i

Upvote 0
I have a new kernel you guys can test out with carbon if you want. Has a lot of updates. SMP hotplug backported from 3.5 .. Cpu boost driver with input boost.. Aka boosts the CPU freq when screen turns on.. Auto hotplug driver with both cores online.
Other patches for speed as well

Download: carbon_kernel

Testing this out on Angablade's CM11 v9
So far it boots up without much issue
Will report back on any issues.

Upvote 0
Testing this out on Angablade's CM11 v9
So far it boots up without much issue
Will report back on any issues.

Its really meant for carbon...
The kernel itself can run any kitkat ROM. But its packed with the carbon ramdisk.. BTW this adds hroarks boot to recovery method by pressing the home button. Also enables the proximity sensor. Might need calibration data yet

Reactions: ksjd0414
Upvote 0
Its really meant for carbon.
I'm aware of that, i.e. "carbon.lok"
Just wanted to see if it'll work on another ROM

I'll switch over to Carbon and boot it up with the kernel in a little bit.
Figured it'd save some trouble of people going "I flashed this on x and y, and z happened!" if I were to come up with an issue on a non-Carbon rom

Also, I never got that md5sum of the Carbon.zip
Can you post an md5sum of your Carbon.zip in the OP?

Upvote 0
I'm aware of that, i.e. "carbon.lok"
Just wanted to see if it'll work on another ROM

I'll switch over to Carbon and boot it up with the kernel in a little bit.
Figured it'd save some trouble of people going "I flashed this on x and y, and z happened!" if I were to come up with an issue on a non-Carbon rom

Also, I never got that md5sum of the Carbon.zip
Can you post an md5sum of your Carbon.zip in the OP?

I figured you knew.. Just kinda putting heads up on it. ..ie I've seen people use an aosp kernel and try to boot stock.. Not gonna work lol.oh I totally forgot about the md5 sry about that

Upvote 0
Used system tuner or whatever its called now and turned both on set min to 486, max to 1.18, both performance and still black screens.

Hmm then its got to be something else ive only had one black screen and thats before I tweaked everything to my liking. So it was after I trimmed all my partitions and did all my CPU settings the problem went away. I'll test the kernel right now.

Try turning CRT animation off to I have mine set off.

Upvote 0
Kernel works great for me I noticed if you hit the power button right after a download is finished to go into recovery it vibrates like crazy. It did that even without the kernel oh well at least black screens are behind me.

Iam far from finished with this kernel. So much more i want to do. Every phone I make a kernel for gets lots of love.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones