• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

BTW noob question do I have to Reset and wipe to flash the kernel?

No you just overwrite the kernel on top of what you have. If you wipe then install Kernel.zip file, you only have kernel in your phone without apps, system files, library files etc etc..

If you have done Factory Reset & Wipe already, you must install the ROM first then install the kernel.

Upvote 0
There's a bug where if you set the phone on silent, it still will ring. Got me in trouble at school. :p And one more thing, how do I access the Recovery? On CM11 I just held down the home button.

The ring is from the notifications, right?
In the Sound settings, you should look at the "Volumes" setting, and hit "Silent mode affects notifications"

You can either reboot to recovery via the power menu
or connect your phone via USB to a computer with ADB, then type: adb reboot recovery

Upvote 0
The ring is from the notifications, right?
In the Sound settings, you should look at the "Volumes" setting, and hit "Silent mode affects notifications"

You can either reboot to recovery via the power menu
or connect your phone via USB to a computer with ADB, then type: adb reboot recovery

Power menu doesn't have recovery for some odd reason, and my phone is on silent, shouldn't it not ring anyways? And also I had "Link Ringtone and Notification Volume" checked, and my ringer was off, so shouldn't my notifications be also off? I just enabled it, so time will tell if it works or not.

Upvote 0
Good to see so more bugfixes with the ROM, but does this kernel fix the echo problems with calls and the somewhat low in call volume/speaker phone. Otherwise, this a fantastic kitkat ROM and I'm loving all the sick features.

Even though my back camera is unusable (waiting on a stable fix with hoarw's kernel) its become my daily driver.

Upvote 0
Okay so I wiped everything and reinstalled I know you said I didn't have to but I chose to so I could install a new gapps I found

pa_gapps-modular-full-4.4.4-20141110-signed.zip

Soon it took a while to boot but when it did everything was fine umm still having a hard time connecting to WiFi I don't think its my WiFi cause I only get this problem on kikkat ROMs so idk...

Also these now gapps or kernal got my Google now working so I have full voice command from home screen not allot more to say running smooth so far I'll try out calls and apps latter

Reactions: Krlypumaa
Upvote 0
Okay looks like I may have to over clock
Running the new kernal still got a black screen at lock screen. :(

No random reboots yet
Try using on demand and cfq as the governor try not to overclock and see what happens

I don't know, but ever since I over clock min to 488mhz I have had no black screens, and I only had one reboot since installing Carbon ROM for 24 hours. Also to update my previous post in call volume is slightly better and speaker phone is perfect :), now if only the back camera work and led notifications then this would be perfect for me

Upvote 0
BTW DM this rom is EXCELLENT, this ROM has nearly every setting I have ever wanted to customize my phone to the way I want it, not how Metro or LG wanted it. Thank you so much, and in my opinion I think I actually like this better than CM 11. Just work out a few bugs, add a ext SD card hack to the kernel or ramdisk, but take as much time as you need!

Upvote 0
Try using on demand and cfq as the governor try not to overclock and see what happens

I don't know, but ever since I over clock min to 488mhz I have had no black screens, and I only had one reboot since installing Carbon ROM for 24 hours. Also to update my previous post in call volume is slightly better and speaker phone is perfect :), now if only the back camera work and led notifications then this would be perfect for me

The led can't be fixed. Its not in the lights hal. Emotional led is part of lges framework code

Upvote 0

I'm using on demand and cfg pushed my min to 488 and still getting it

To be clear it goes to black screen on lock screen when I hit the power button to turn it on however if I leave it alone about a min latter it open some times it reboots from there on its own some times it just opens soon yeah idk.

Upvote 0
I'll try carbon although I'd like to see some fixes go into pac man too as I like how customizable it is. Little help for black screen issues and stuff though. On pacman I switched superuser with supersu and the black screens freezing and random reboots all seemed to vanish. You may have to consider superuser may be a culprit of many bugs js

Upvote 0
This ROM is awesome! So customizable that I barely need to use XBlast for any modifications. Installed the kernel, and with the advice of others I over-clocked min. to 594, set the governor to performance & cfq, and disabled CRT - my frequent black screens seem to have been resolved. I haven’t had any crazy vibration bugs either since…but could just be coincidence.

My only concern - I have low in-call volume and the speaker-phone isn’t audible at all. Others have mentioned this as well. I was able to tweak the snd_sitar file and boost my in-call volume but no matter the settings I use I can’t get the speaker-phone to work. I have also tweaked build.prop settings for dualmic settings and it may have helped with the call echo – still tweaking away.

However, just as many users have reported the in-call volume & speaker-phone work fine. Without tweaking anything…Wondering if it has to do with the phone itself (T-Mo or MPCS version), and/or is this also related to the camera issues where it doesn’t work for some. I have the T-Mo version of the F6 and both of my cameras have worked on all versions of KK.

Upvote 0
As I said before. I don't want to release a bunch of half baked ROMs. Once I get this to where I want it to be. I will rebuild aokp, PAC, carbon, and release new material as well.

As far as the echo. That is a bug I need to fix in the audio-caf hal. Speakerphone I can tweak some more .. Though I thought it was fine. Iam still working on the kernel. Sadly development has halted for a couple days because my monitor quit working last night :(

Upvote 0
Alright so its been like over 12h since I flashed everything and I overclocked my min to 488 turned of crt and had the new kernal and happy to report not 1 black screen or random reboot *claps* woo

Great job so far man its working smooth and fast has a few hiccups here and there in turns of speed but nothing to worry about also found another thing not working the auto mode for brightness control.

Anyway gonna keep running it chose to make it my default rom now so I'm gonna be spending allot more time with it

Upvote 0
Alright so its been like over 12h since I flashed everything and I overclocked my min to 488 turned of crt and had the new kernal and happy to report not 1 black screen or random reboot *claps* woo

Great job so far man its working smooth and fast has a few hiccups here and there in turns of speed but nothing to worry about also found another thing not working the auto mode for brightness control.

Anyway gonna keep running it chose to make it my default rom now so I'm gonna be spending allot more time with it

Auto light does not work cus our ph doesn't have ambient light sensor:thumbdown:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones