• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

Hey... If I give u driver n kk.frameworks to b merge, scripts, libs.. Would you take a hit... I'll b the "GuineaPig" I'm down for it as same with FMradio...??????;)
Even a possible fix for blackscree.

I need help my ringer is not working. When I receive calls I don't hear my ringtone. I tried everything including the obvious like turning up the volume to the max. Can someone help. Thank you.

Upvote 0
I looked through this forum three or four times before I flashed this rom because I afraid of another rom that starts out awesome and then BAM it's no longer working, but the more I've read and learned I've realized that this is a work in progress and these guys that put this stuff together are geniuses... In short I'm running this rom in question on an lg Optimus f6 ms500 from metro pcs with the 0606 version of gapps.. Stay away from double tapping the home button while the screen is in sleep mode, avoids the black screen of death... Happy hunting

Upvote 0
Okay so I know you turned it up but I'm getting low call volumes and the person I'm talking to says he's getting allot of
echo
Well it was good for me because I don't talk much on the phone as it is but I hear that the echo fix is in the works as I text. I use an app called tikL that I've actually incorporated into my job and they love it... But to answer your questions I still have echos as well... BTW the tikL app is a walkie talkie app lol

Upvote 0
54535966e0be5dd2285b470aef53ddd2.jpg

Love this ROM with this mod

Upvote 0
I think I probably found a bug.
"Ok Google" does not work every single time you say it, sometimes I have to say it repeatedly for around 4 times for it to recognize what I am saying and yes, I know nothing is wrong with my phone's mic as it worked very well before I used this rom and I also tried opening it both on my tablet and phone to see if I was saying it wrong and the tablet does work every time.

Still a pretty great rom, so far my favorite one for this phone, smoothest and really lightweight compared to others. I also have a suggest, Would it be possible to make downloading from the google play store go directly to the sd card without having to use the mod which switches the internal and external storage?

Upvote 0
I think I probably found a bug.
"Ok Google" does not work every single time you say it, sometimes I have to say it repeatedly for around 4 times for it to recognize what I am saying and yes, I know nothing is wrong with my phone's mic as it worked very well before I used this rom and I also tried opening it both on my tablet and phone to see if I was saying it wrong and the tablet does work every time.

Still a pretty great rom, so far my favorite one for this phone, smoothest and really lightweight compared to others. I also have a suggest, Would it be possible to make downloading from the google play store go directly to the sd card without having to use the mod which switches the internal and external storage?
No u have to use the mod that's the only way

Upvote 0
I must be missing a step, been trying for a couple hours. Can't get it to work.

BEFORE YOU DO THIS HACK IF ITS A FRESH ROM INSTALL BOOT INTO THE ROM AND LET IT SET UP ON THE internal MEMORY THEN DOWNLOAD SUPER USER AND UPDATE YOUR BINARY THEN DO THIS HACK .

You need a class 10 SD card for best results

1. Make 2 partitions on SD I used twrp to do it. Go to format SD card and make sure you choose ext 4 and choose the size of your partition this will be where you data is stored, it will then take the remainder of your ad card and make it fat32 which will be your new external SD size.

2. In twrp go to settings and check the option that says format RM RF ( something like that ) . once you've checked it back to main menu go to mount and mount your SD ext partition.

3. Once mounted go back to main menu and wipe SD ext .

4. Go back to main and uncheck the format RM rf option and then go back to the main menu.

5. You then want to flash the datacopy.zip then the data install.zip ( whatever they ate called ) in post 319 for KK.

6. After it installs reboot to system and u should be good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones