• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

has anyone tried either of the camera fixes by Hroark on this rom? im not sure what went into the fix itself but im super stoked on carbonrom and really wanna get it on my device. anyone think it would be worth a shot?

Well...second attempt was sad....

I boogered up the install...It was having black screens that led to reboots...

On top of that...I used lgbackup to back up all my personal stuff...msgs,contacts,call logs........

Yah....there is no stand alone lgbackup app to download or in carbon(I'm still laughing)....

Yah...but I was ready for the after math...

After going back into recovery I just scraped everything....installed mini kk...then lgbackup was good.....

What's the best personal poop back up app?
For simple people like me....I don't really wanna back up the whole mess..

I know I can install CARBON...I did it right the first time before the magic kernel....not giving up....

Well...second attempt was sad....

I boogered up the install...It was having black screens that led to reboots...

On top of that...I used lgbackup to back up all my personal stuff...msgs,contacts,call logs........

Yah....there is no stand alone lgbackup app to download or in carbon(I'm still laughing)....

Yah...but I was ready for the after math...

After going back into recovery I just scraped everything....installed mini kk...then lgbackup was good.....

What's the best personal poop back up app?
For simple people like me....I don't really wanna back up the whole mess..

I know I can install CARBON...I did it right the first time before the magic kernel....not giving up....
Make sure CRT animation is off to solve the black screens

Just wanted to give some feedback. I'm getting constant black screens when I press the power/sleep button (bottom buttons just light up). I'm just recently noticing constant rebooting post kernel update flash.

I also noticed that when pressing the home button the ROM almost freezes and the app preview is a blurred image. Definitely would not recommend for a daily driver unless you want your phone to restart while using navigation.

Thanks for not ignoring this phone. Hope you can get all those issues resolved :)

Just wanted to give some feedback. I'm getting constant black screens when I press the power/sleep button (bottom buttons just light up). I'm just recently noticing constant rebooting post kernel update flash.

I also noticed that when pressing the home button the ROM almost freezes and the app preview is a blurred image. Definitely would not recommend for a daily driver unless you want your phone to restart while using navigation.

Thanks for not ignoring this phone. Hope you can get all those issues resolved :)

As I said before turn off CRT animation. Its my daily driver and I love it.

Thanks for the advice. That does not fix the random rebooting issue though. I think it has to do with the kernel.

I'm having the same problem as you. Especially when I open the navigation app and sometimes just randomly while using the phone.

28sueq1_zpsf160c8ac.png

CARBON ROM OPTIMUS F6

About Carbon
CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Features
FEATURES CAN BE FOUND HERE

DM47021 CHANGES / FIXES
This is a MAJOR bug fix release.

*Speakerphone volume increased (be careful)
*In call Volume increase
*Blank Screen of Death fixes.. may not be 100% yet, but much less frequent
*bootlogo now complete
*Overall this is much more stable than any other aosp kitkat at the moment.

Downloads
Download_Here
this is kind of some feedback.
after the update kernel flash, found on my carbon flash rom
mac address last 6 values after 00:90:4C is changing
on every reboot.
that is why i got wifi delay on mac fixed ip setting on router.
just curious as to how many others are out there with the same issue.
i didn't think the mac address could change, I thought it was assigned to the phone.
never seen it before.
maybe someone can explain this please ?

so i installed carbonrom. since i have the crappy camera i went for it and installed Hroarks fixed kernel and so far so good. it actually booted and seems perfectly functional, minus the blue tint in the front camera.

i will test today and report back with any issues.

THANKS FOR THIS ROM!

Been experiencing issues with bluetooth
After several factory resets, running Dalvik, bluetooth can pair with a device, however after turning off bluetooth, it gets stuck in a loop. The only way to circumvent this is to remove all known devices from the bluetooth list and then turn off bluetooth.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Been experiencing issues with bluetooth
After several factory resets, running Dalvik, bluetooth can pair with a device, however after turning off bluetooth, it gets stuck in a loop. The only way to circumvent this is to remove all known devices from the bluetooth list and then turn off bluetooth.

Can anyone else confirm this?

i can confirm this. my bluetooth headset connected fine. i then turned bluetooth off and back on. it would no longer connect to the headset and seemed to be stuck in a loop, even after turning off again.

i can confirm this. my bluetooth headset connected fine. i then turned bluetooth off and back on. it would no longer connect to the headset and seemed to be stuck in a loop, even after turning off again.

A workaround for this issue that I've been using is just to unpair all devices and then turn off bluetooth.
It seems to take its sweet time turning off, but it doesn't get caught up in a loop.

I'll be checking out logcat to see what's exactly going on soon, and if there's anything interesting I'll be sure to post it here.

EDIT:
Another issue I'm having:
Using GravityBox (latest version) via Xposed always enables the navigation bar on boot.
If someone else can confirm this is an issue with the ROM or an issue with me (is the twitching normal?) that would be grand.

A workaround for this issue that I've been using is just to unpair all devices and then turn off bluetooth.
It seems to take its sweet time turning off, but it doesn't get caught up in a loop.

I'll be checking out logcat to see what's exactly going on soon, and if there's anything interesting I'll be sure to post it here.

EDIT:
Another issue I'm having:
Using GravityBox (latest version) via Xposed always enables the navigation bar on boot.
If someone else can confirm this is an issue with the ROM or an issue with me (is the twitching normal?) that would be grand.
I had that issue but enabling it and then disabling it seem to solve it for me even when I reboot

so i installed carbonrom. since i have the crappy camera i went for it and installed Hroarks fixed kernel and so far so good. it actually booted and seems perfectly functional, minus the blue tint in the front camera.

i will test today and report back with any issues.

THANKS FOR THIS ROM!
Also the LED flashlight doesn't work,unfortunately.
If they fix these 2 problems, I would really appreciate them. <3

I had that issue but enabling it and then disabling it seem to solve it for me even when I reboot

I actually disabled the hardware keys and used the navigation bar instead.Feels better to me. And I no longer have to hold down the menu button to access Google.

Also the LED flashlight doesn't work,unfortunately.
If they fix these 2 problems, I would really appreciate them. <3

Does your camera work without the kernel fix? My LED flashlight works perfectly fine, but my camera works normal without any changes made.

You have to scroll through posts but it's there on the first page somewhere. It's still considered not a full one hundred but itll be added to first post when he deems it 100. works pretty good though especially with the storage mod.I have noticed though on the storage mod some downloads from outside play store work some error out. Unsure why that is but an earlier mod from before had the issue to write to card too on anything not play store. Still an improvement.I Want to see the customizations and fixes on pacman personally though. I love all the changes to the optimization screen and all.carbons too bland in that area even though more stable

Back
Top Bottom