• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

So why put off 'til tomorrow what you can do today.

Here (again) is the snd_sitar file. Copy and replace to /etc/snd_soc_msm. Set permissions to rw-r-r. I have increased the voice call volume, and tweaked a few other things. Unfortunately, none of my tweaks seem to work on increasing the speaker-phone volume.
For call echo, I have tweaked the build.prop with information found in other threads. It involves changing the dual mic to analog from digital, among other things. I made lots of tweaks, some that may or may not be needed, but I do not have any complaints about call echo. I have been using this Carbon ROM with my edited files for over a week now and have had perfect phone calls. Copy and replace the build.prop to /system. Set permissions to rw-r-r.
After files are replaced, reboot. Let me know if the files have helped you.
Thank you so much for the snd_sitar file. Worked like a charm and no more volume problems on either side along with no echo! Build.prop though I didnt try replacing again because of my bricking mishap of doing so lol

BEFORE YOU DO THIS HACK IF ITS A FRESH ROM INSTALL BOOT INTO THE ROM AND LET IT SET UP ON THE internal MEMORY THEN DOWNLOAD SUPER USER AND UPDATE YOUR BINARY THEN DO THIS HACK .

You need a class 10 SD card for best results

1. Make 2 partitions on SD I used twrp to do it. Go to format SD card and make sure you choose ext 4 and choose the size of your partition this will be where you data is stored, it will then take the remainder of your ad card and make it fat32 which will be your new external SD size.

2. In twrp go to settings and check the option that says format RM RF ( something like that ) . once you've checked it back to main menu go to mount and mount your SD ext partition.

3. Once mounted go back to main menu and wipe SD ext .

4. Go back to main and uncheck the format RM rf option and then go back to the main menu.

5. You then want to flash the datacopy.zip then the data install.zip ( whatever they ate called ) in post 319 for KK.

6. After it installs reboot to system and u should be good.
Im getting exactly what RelZeshi gotten. The Kernel crash. How do i fix this? I'm still just on the crash screen and leaving it as is.

Think I got it this time, had to reformat my EXT4 partition on the SD card again, for some reason. Android is upgrading, and then I'll see if my storage has increased. *headache*

*Edit*
Nope, still 1.27GB internal. -_-

*Edit*
Got it working, finally. ^_^
How did you get it to work? I get stuck with the kernel crash everytime i restart the whole process. Redid the process numerous times and everytime it happens i get the kernel crash!!

How did you get it to work? I get stuck with the kernel crash everytime i restart the whole process. Redid the process numerous times and everytime it happens i get the kernel crash!!

Finally, every time I logged in before, it said I didn't have permission to view pretty much anything.

To answer your question, I reformatted the hack partition in TWRP. Once I did that, reinstalled the mod and it worked like a charm. At first, my games and some apps were unable to download additional data. They somehow fixed themselves while the forums were down, though.

Are you doing a fresh install ?
Yes, Formating anything I could.

Finally, every time I logged in before, it said I didn't have permission to view pretty much anything.

To answer your question, I reformatted the hack partition in TWRP. Once I did that, reinstalled the mod and it worked like a charm. At first, my games and some apps were unable to download additional data. They somehow fixed themselves while the forums were down, though.
I'll try and see how that works. Thanks!

Alright, i got it working. But my internet/data does not work without wifi. Able to call and text, but running apps that require data or internet doesn't work. Tried going to google.com and it doesnt work.

Has anyone found a solution to random reboots on this ROM? For some odd reason when I am in Google Maps going some place or using showbox with the allcast app my phone reboots and the carbon ROM bootlogo appears briefly. Its almost as if it sift reboots.

Has anyone found a solution to random reboots on this ROM? For some odd reason when I am in Google Maps going some place or using showbox with the allcast app my phone reboots and the carbon ROM bootlogo appears briefly. Its almost as if it sift reboots.

Do a full wipe and then install Rom and kernel

Do a full wipe and then install Rom and kernel
I did a full wipe plenty of times and still the same problem. I don't know why though. I factory reset then factory wipe in twrp. Idk if that is a correct full wipe maybe that's the problem, but I believe that's what one is.

@Vincible
These helped people in this thread eliminate the random reboots and black screen issues:
- Setting MinCPU Frequency to 486MHz
- Turning off CRT Animation in Settings > Carbon Fibers > Interface

Please try these out and report back.

Hows it going guys, been out for a week or so, got my new monitor..
Used this rom for about 6 hours last night. Had some black screen issues and didnt know there was a fix by setting CPU until the most recent post on this thread except me said.
I didnt mind that though, My internet did not work when i left the house, was only able to text and call. Couldnt go on google, or apps.
Didnt charge my phone last night because i over drank and ko'd but waking this morning, all my apps are wiped and it looks like i just did a fresh flash to this rom.

@Vincible
These helped people in this thread eliminate the random reboots and black screen issues:
- Setting MinCPU Frequency to 486MHz
- Turning off CRT Animation in Settings > Carbon Fibers > Interface

Please try these out and report back.
Works, when trying to get the sd hack to work I reflashed my phone plenty of times to know that a random reboot would happen within the first 30 minutes or so. Just reflashed did the sd hack, and this cpu overclock and no reboot yet. up time 1 hour.

Trying to get my internet to work for this rom. It is not working. Unless im connected to wifi.
I looked for the metro apn settings and theres a setting missing on the network something called MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0. IDK anything about these stuffso ye.
After i let it load for operator choice it loads up and i choose my network. After i see my signal bar load up all the way but after 3 seconds or so it goes back down to its usual 1 bar. Even so i still try to go to a website from my phone browser and it says im offline or whatever.

How to fix?

Look for metropcs APN settings Google is your friend

I looked for the metro apn settings and theres a setting missing on the network something called MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0. IDK anything about these stuffso ye.
I have searched for it, There isn't a setting that i can change because everything is correct except that "MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0" is missing. But isnt mms just texting? my texts work fine.
Also do you know why my instagram app will not work? every other app works fine, but when i click instagram the furthest it stays loaded is about 3 seconds then this message appears "Unfortunately, instagram has stopped" Tried clearing cache then force close, reinstalling, restarting phone, nothing seems to work.
I have this rom, and the sd card hack and thats it.

I have searched for it, There isn't a setting that i can change because everything is correct except that "MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0" is missing. But isnt mms just texting? my texts work fine.
Also do you know why my instagram app will not work? every other app works fine, but when i click instagram the furthest it stays loaded is about 3 seconds then this message appears "Unfortunately, instagram has stopped" Tried clearing cache then force close, reinstalling, restarting phone, nothing seems to work.
I have this rom, and the sd card hack and thats it.
3c99d63d912425cbc2265c312e51a3f0.jpg
91abbc441d7bd71d3dfc837ca6bbb47f.jpg

That should be what you have

Hey just coming back to update =)

Its been 5 days and no problems at all, the in call volume is low but i dont call much so it's not a problem for me =)
Thanks again for this rom it's amazing!!!

It would be great if recent updates were organized in one post. Can anyone provide a fresh post with the updates/etc? Also why does this ROM have issues with GPS signal? Google Maps keeps losing the GPS signal when using high accuracy setting. Basically can't use navigation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom