• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

After i installed this some of my apps dont work like for example google search bar , my gmail, hangouts, apps that i downloaded from app store basicly any idea why? Is there any way to fix this? Thanks

After i installed this some of my apps dont work like for example google search bar , my gmail, hangouts, apps that i downloaded from app store basicly any idea why? Is there any way to fix this? Thanks

Is it just your Google apps? If so you can try to reflash GApps or try a different version.

My co-pilot GPS doesn't work (App won't open, could be related to the SD alternate reverse space hack )
Google hangouts has crashed twice on me (never before)
Cannot get bluetooth to pair with my car stereo (Wored before)
Charging LED stopped working

Last edited:
Is it just your Google apps? If so you can try to reflash GApps or try a different version.

Yea my google apps well basicly everything i download from the play store once it starts loading a mesage saying goople play service has stoped for like any app i download from app store ? What gapps do i use ?

Results:

BUGS:
Every few times I lock the screen, I get the Black Screen of Death
Have not seen Kernel crashes yet, though I'll call someone on Facebook Messanger to see (That's a good trigger, happened a lot with hroark3's Kernel
Buggy bluetooth, randomly unpairs my devices

FORCE CLOSES:
Settings -> About Phone -> About carbon FORCE CLOSE
Settings -> Carbon -> Vibration -> Vibration Intensity FORCE CLOSE

i had it all good and really flying....no problems AT ALL.....wife hates the phone app used by carbon....back to mini kk....that i had to flash twice and maybe one more time ......so i can try to install the right apps before it says i've run out of room.....

yeah super fun ......sometimes i can see my phone at the bottom of my toilet

Tried the rom, seems good. I wanted to try to new kernel but it failed to install. Am I doing something wrong? Dont you install kernel the same way you flash rom in the recovery?

To be fair, I don't know if my issues have anything to do with the ROM itself or the reverse storage hack

I just tried the camera for the 1st time and when I took the picture it instantly rebooted :(

Update: Rebooted and tried again, this time it worked just fine :)

Results:

BUGS:
Every few times I lock the screen, I get the Black Screen of Death
Have not seen Kernel crashes yet, though I'll call someone on Facebook Messanger to see (That's a good trigger, happened a lot with hroark3's Kernel
Buggy bluetooth, randomly unpairs my devices

FORCE CLOSES:
Settings -> About Phone -> About carbon FORCE CLOSE
Settings -> Carbon -> Vibration -> Vibration Intensity FORCE CLOSE
Did you install the kernel as well? Also someone else in the thread said turning off CRT animation helps with the Black Screen of Death.

So i had this carbon rom here and decided to try the experion rom but didt like it so decided to switch back to this carbon rom but the problem is i cant get it to start it just stays in the boot logo for the longest time then i do a master restart to get my fone to recovery and tryed again and same problem any suggestions im i doing something wrong ? How can i get back to this carbon rom?

So i had this carbon rom here and decided to try the experion rom but didt like it so decided to switch back to this carbon rom but the problem is i cant get it to start it just stays in the boot logo for the longest time then i do a master restart to get my fone to recovery and tryed again and same problem any suggestions im i doing something wrong ? How can i get back to this carbon rom?
It has yo be a clean install
with zip copied to external sd
1. boot cwm recovery
2. factory reset
3. wipe cashe partition
Advance setting..
4. format system, cache, data,
5. install zip from external sdcard
Install Gaaps
6. go back, advance, power off
7. power on

1. boot cwm recovery
2. factory reset
3. wipe cashe partition
Advance setting..
Install Gaaps
7. power on

Yeah just like Krlypumaa suggested, if you are using TWRP Recovery do the advanced wipe as well.

I've been running this rom for a few weeks now and I love it. Big thanks Dm47021.... Are there any fixes that I have missed for Bluetooth not connecting and for increasing in call volume?

I've been running this rom for a few weeks now and I love it. Big thanks Dm47021.... Are there any fixes that I have missed for Bluetooth not connecting and for increasing in call volume?

1. boot cwm recovery
2. factory reset
3. wipe cashe partition
Advance setting..
Install Gaaps
7. power on

Thanks alot it work !.... Now my problem is my google play store is nt working it says google play services nt available and also it keeps saying gapps nt available i tryed to reinstall n still not working .. Im curently useing this
gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip

Back
Top Bottom