• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

@Vincible
These helped people in this thread eliminate the random reboots and black screen issues:
- Setting MinCPU Frequency to 486MHz
- Turning off CRT Animation in Settings > Carbon Fibers > Interface

Please try these out and report back.
So far so good I did another wipe. This time going in wipe>advanced in twrp and formatting everything except ext4 and eternal SD card. Then I did format wipe and reflashed ROM then Kernel then gapps. After I increased the MinCPU Frequency like you said to 486MHz & no random reboot problems encountered so far. Thank you very much to you and faderbxtch! I think not properly wiping may have contributed to my hemorrhoidal reboots too. :P Much appreciated to both of you!

How come when I used mn1968's build.prop my phone got bricked but he reported it worked in fixing incall echo? Any time I edit my build.prop it automatically bricks the phone upon reboot.

Hey just coming back to update =)

Its been 5 days and no problems at all, the in call volume is low but i dont call much so it's not a problem for me =)
Thanks again for this rom it's amazing!!!
Maybe its the internal not being wiped causing the bootloops? S**t I hate these new forums this was for vincible.

So far so good I did another wipe. This time going in wipe>advanced in twrp and formatting everything except ext4 and eternal SD card. Then I did format wipe and reflashed ROM then Kernel then gapps. After I increased the MinCPU Frequency like you said to 486MHz & no random reboot problems encountered so far. Thank you very much to you and faderbxtch! I think not properly wiping may have contributed to my hemorrhoidal reboots too. :p Much appreciated to both of you!
Maybe its the internal not being wiped causing the bootloops? I always wipe everything so that probably why I haven't had one bootloop.

How come when I used mn1968's build.prop my phone got bricked but he reported it worked in fixing incall echo? Any time I edit my build.prop it automatically bricks the phone upon reboot.
Did you set the permissions to rw-r-r? Also, with Root Explorer (or other) it may be necessary to check if you need to change the owner for the file. Both Owner & Group should be set to root.

Last edited:
I asked a question about GPS above. Does anyone else have issues getting a GPS signal while using Maps? Known issue?

My camara doesn't work its blue when I use the front camara ? Also I get a lot of notifications pop ups saying my google play services isn't working and anything that has to do with Google stops working until I have to reboot and sometimes when I click my power button it freezes and I get a black screen and my phone reboots itself can someone please help I'm I doing something wrong ?

I thought you just needed to replace those files in the ROM before you added the file to your SD. How do I set permissions?

@Vincible
These helped people in this thread eliminate the random reboots and black screen issues:
- Setting MinCPU Frequency to 486MHz
- Turning off CRT Animation in Settings > Carbon Fibers > Interface

Please try these out and report back.

How do I get to the MinCPU frequency? Were exacly is it ? Help

Did you set the permissions to rw-r-r? Also, with Root Explorer (or other) it may be necessary to check if you need to change the owner for the file. Both Owner & Group should be set to root.
Yeah I set the file to rw-r-r, but I never changed the owner of the file. I'll try doing that and report back.

I set the ownership to Root in both Owner & Group and viola worked like a charm! Thank you mn1968, really appreciate this :D

This is by far the best ROM i've tried for f6. The only problem I have with it is that some apps are "Broken" Like Instagram, Snapchat, and Picsart. Don't know why though but I don't use them much so it's not a big deal. Just stating.

Just recently got back around to re-installing this rom with the new kernel Dm made for us. I tried this rom before he released the kernel and it had its fair share of bugs but since I installed the kernel this rom is just amazing. I've been using it for 2 days now and have had only two problems. One is the power button wasnt responding and I couldnt lock the phone. That only lasted about 30 seconds and I havent encountered it since. The next is that the phone started vibrating out of control. This wasnt a big deal because I was just about to reboot the phone and since then I havent encountered it again. For anyone on the ropes about taking the time to install this rom DO IT its worth it. It is now my daily driver.

UPDATE: Just tested calls and while the call volume is fine the person on the other end said they could hear an echo. This doesnt bother me much because I dont make calls very often I just wanted to report in. I'll update occasionally on stability and whatnot. So far no other problems. Im loving this rom.
UPDATE 2: Been a couple days running this rom now and I have to say this rom and the kernel is hands down the most stable rom running kitkat 4.4.4 no random reboots no black screen of death just minor problems. Amazing job Dm.

Last edited:
Just finished installing this rom with about 300 apps and games
Not 1 reboot yet, except that it stopped being responsive with the bottom keys, the back key, menu and even keyboard
After a reboot, it went back to normal ?
Great so far, thanks for the hard work Dm47021

1 more thing
As a suggestion, can you add other information to your original thread, such as the gapps to be used, also the space hack to reverse the default storage ?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom