• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

Beautiful work sir! I see this amazing work that all the devs are doing with this F6! Do you plan to build a universal rom for the Euro D505 that has the source code released in the LG open source site? It would be AMAZING!
Keep it up and thanks again for your work!

Did you install the kernel as well? Also someone else in the thread said turning off CRT animation helps with the Black Screen of Death.

I watched the log as it installed. It said "Installing LOKI'd kernel." Unless there is a modified kernel I am missing?

I watched the log as it installed. It said "Installing LOKI'd kernel." Unless there is a modified kernel I am missing?
No.. It says that cus the kernel has loki support...meaning that u would be able to flash without briking...
I mean after the OP( first post) few posts down DM added up a kernel with some others worked done...

So I got another f6 today and this one seems to have the camera hardware that won't work with any of the kitkat ROMs. I just installed this ROM and when I open the camera it uses the front facing camera with no option to switch to the rear one. This is a bit confusing for me because this f6 and my other one both say hardware revision 1 and the camera on my other f6 works with every kitkat rom I've tried. I thought if it was the same hardware revision it would have the same camera.

Are you going to be updating the ROM to resolve the echo issues? Call quality is a major issue and GPS half works for me. Thanks for not giving up on the device.
DL android tuner or similar app, open Build.prop editor, find (persist,audio handset, mic) ;change the setting from"digital "to" analog " this has removed the echo from the receiving end of my calls. You can also go to page 10 of this forum and read post from Mn1968 that refer to these issues.

Last edited:
Can someone help me or point to the steps to install Gapps or revert it to stock.
I have Carbon installed, the recovery.apk and the Rom Manager. When I go to recovery mode, I only have the option to factory reset and cancel. What else do I have to do or what am I doing wrong. Help! :P

Can someone help me or point to the steps to install Gapps or revert it to stock.
I have Carbon installed, the recovery.apk and the Rom Manager. When I go to recovery mode, I only have the option to factory reset and cancel. What else do I have to do or what am I doing wrong. Help! :P
If u hav Carbon installed u do not need recovery.apk neither rom manager... U just need to reboot press home botton until recovery comes up... In few post back u would fine gaaps

Does ART work properly on Carbon? Even if not, its buttery smooth until I run out of RAM. Popped in a 64GB Class 10, did the SD card hack and this formerly crappy phone is on fire!

If u hav Carbon installed u do not need recovery.apk neither rom manager... U just need to reboot press home botton until recovery comes up... In few post back u would fine gaaps

Recovery doesnt come up. I get the LG logo, then a short black flash (I guess that's when it should come?), then LG logo and .the the home button starts changing colors and then the carbon animation

After i installed the build prop and sitar scripts all the nice loud stuff was too low And phone calls weren't much louder....,

And i lost data and the ability to call anyone ..,,no service....

Was at laundromat ...no WiFi so i flashed XPERION....did the internal\external flip......

Yay for jellybean ..blegh

Hmmmm...that's contradictory....I some how called voice mail...To check the volume....then why did I have no service for anything else?

Sad enough .....compensation for no room still had to be made....No matter how complete any ROM is....that has to be somewhat frustrating....

Last edited:
Currently using this ROM and I have to say its great :)
Only thing I have to ask is there a way to turn off the swipeable notification on the lock screen?

Is there anyway to fix the bass distortion? When I crank up the bass in the DSP manager it sounds like satan is rising. :( On my old LG Motion with CM10 it worked wonderfully, like the bass could be felt in my chest.

EDIT 1- If you go to your build.prop and look for lpa.decoding, it should be true. Change to false and the bass will work properly. Just if anyone wants to know.

EDIT 2- That temporarily fixes the issue- for about 4 songs. Then it distorts again.

Last edited:
Previously I mention Mn1968s method working to fix in call echo, but for some odd reason now I keep getting complaints regarding the echo. Any suggestions? I would really appreciate it because this is such a smooth ROM

Are you working on a kernal that includes overclock? This ROM is already butter smooth but it would be amazing if we could overclock.

Although many users have reported that this ROM has better in-call volume I too still experience the same issues as you, however, I have been able to tweak the snd_sitar file and build.prop and can now enjoy normal sounding calls.

snd_sitar - Copy and replace to /etc/snd_soc_msm. Set permissions to rw-r-r. I have increased the voice call volume, and tweaked a few other things. Unfortunately, none of my tweaks seem to work on increasing the speaker-phone volume.

For call echo, I have tweaked the build.prop with information found in other threads. It involves changing the dual mic to analog from digital, among other things. I made lots of tweaks, some that may or may not be needed, but I do not have any complaints about call echo. I have been using this Carbon ROM with my edited files for over a week now and have had perfect phone calls. Copy and replace the build.prop to /system. Set permissions to rw-r-r.

After files are replaced, reboot. Let me know if the files have helped you.
Thanks for this!! Helped a lot.

I have a new kernel you guys can test out with carbon if you want. Has a lot of updates. SMP hotplug backported from 3.5 .. Cpu boost driver with input boost.. Aka boosts the CPU freq when screen turns on.. Auto hotplug driver with both cores online.
Other patches for speed as well

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?bu3i9u350fm927i
Thanks DM for this ROM and all you do. I am using this ROM and with the in call fixed now it is great. Should I download the kernal or is it integrated with newest link? Like I said thanks again. I am also messing around with ZTE WARP. I know this is off topic but can ya tell me a food stable ROM for it?

Its awesome and all but idk if anyone else is having this problem sumtimes when my phone screen goes off and I press the power button the screen stays black but the navigation keys stay light up then it restarts other then that amazing ROM

Back
Top Bottom