• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

can i ask a question without getting bashed as it seems evyone avoids the question why doesnt wifi calling work or being ported into 4.4.4.?

So the random reboots have vanished, as mysterious as they were. Had an uptime of more than 24hrs. 'Had' because I rebooted to patch the new kernel, and I'm on it for more than 12hrs now. Seems very stable and usable so far.
My minor issue is I do not get 'LTE', whatever APN I try (I'm on AT&T plan, direct, not even MVNO). All I have is a 'H'. Is that the 4G as they call it?
Do APNs even matter, because I get that even if I choose 'Broadband' as the APN (which is basically empty of any settings)

can i ask a question without getting bashed as it seems evyone avoids the question why doesnt wifi calling work or being ported into 4.4.4.?

Wifi calling was written for the structure of 4.1.2
It is very annoying and difficult to port a closed-source app/driver from one Android version to another.
This is why the devs are having issues with getting the LED notification light to work as well.

I'm fairly confident that [if/when] LG releases 4.4.4 for the D500, we'd have happier devs as well as happier users.
Until then, we're stuck going through trial and error to see what works.

I cannot tell you why exactly it doesn't work.
I can look into it. But it hasn't been the highest on my priority list

So the random reboots have vanished, as mysterious as they were. Had an uptime of more than 24hrs. 'Had' because I rebooted to patch the new kernel, and I'm on it for more than 12hrs now. Seems very stable and usable so far.
My minor issue is I do not get 'LTE', whatever APN I try (I'm on AT&T plan, direct, not even MVNO). All I have is a 'H'. Is that the 4G as they call it?
Do APNs even matter, because I get that even if I choose 'Broadband' as the APN (which is basically empty of any settings)
H is for hspda .. Basicly 4g. Apns do matter for lte and mms

I've been trying to install this but my device won't show up in the ADB list.

http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus...nal-sd-storage-solution-f6-7.html#post6741220
To use this hack with a newly flashed rom, boot into the system first to let the rom set up its files in /data. After things are set up (with data written into the internal storage), reboot into recovery without triggering data wipe (i.e. don't use button combos to enter recovery unless using hroark13's home button mod). Delete files (at least .LGF6DataOnSD_DO_NOT_REMOVE if it exists) on the external ext4 partition by mouting you sd_ext partition then go to advanced file manager amd fund sd_ext. Then do this hack go to settings and check rm rf , then back to main screen wipe- advanved-wipe SD ext. Go back to settings uncheck rm rf , flash data copy zip then data install if alls good it should work. The KK files are on post 319 of his thread.

To use this hack with a newly flashed rom, boot into the system first to let the rom set up its files in /data. After things are set up (with data written into the internal storage), reboot into recovery without triggering data wipe (i.e. don't use button combos to enter recovery unless using hroark13's home button mod). Delete files (at least .LGF6DataOnSD_DO_NOT_REMOVE if it exists) on the external ext4 partition by mouting you sd_ext partition then go to advanced file manager amd fund sd_ext. Then do this hack go to settings and check rm rf , then back to main screen wipe- advanved-wipe SD ext. Go back to settings uncheck rm rf , flash data copy zip then data install if alls good it should work. The KK files are on post 319 of his thread.

Umm, some how I lost root, can I flash the ROM to repair files and restore root without losing data?

...I'm fairly confident that [if/when] LG releases 4.4.4 for the D500, we'd have happier devs as well as happier users...
Just noticed that MPCS has the LG F60 for $100. Comes with KK 4.4.4. Spec-wise it seems the same as our F6 but has a different chipset and GPU. Who knows if LG will ever release 4.4.4 for the F6.

I got it working, Superuser has vanished from my Settings app and my phone is lagging like Android 2.3. My class 4 micro SD cards probably the reason for that.
It deff is because I had a 16gb class 4 card and brought a 32 class 10 once I got the hack working and this is by far the best my phone is snappy got my ' internal 15gb" partition and I'm loving it this is how it should've been

Hey DM47021 have you looked up the lg f60 very similar to our phone and it already has KitKat so maybe that could help fix issues with out KitKat Roms ?

First of all, really thanks for this rom. Hope it works without any problem at the end.
1- You said something about LED. you mean it can't work at all? or you work on it later?
2- Is is possible to make an Android L for this phone?
3- How long approximately does it take to fix all the bugs?
Thanks again

It deff is because I had a 16gb class 4 card and brought a 32 class 10 once I got the hack working and this is by far the best my phone is snappy got my ' internal 15gb" partition and I'm loving it this is how it should've been

I'm ordering a new microsd card soon, 64GB class 10, and I'm wondering what dumbf*ck at LG decided to put 1GB of internal into our phones. Even the F60 is still around 1GB or so. Its not like storage is extremely expensive. Even if it did drive up the cost by a few bucks, it would leave the end user much more happy. At this point these companies should know 1GB isn't enough for all users as apps are only getting bigger especially with the advent of the ART in Lollipop and KitKat.

That's how they make money but as long as we have dedicated devs like the ones we have we are in good standing . take that and smoke it LG

First of all, really thanks for this rom. Hope it works without any problem at the end.
1- You said something about LED. you mean it can't work at all? or you work on it later?
Thanks again
1. Emotional LED is a different monster don't think it'll ever work

2. We don't have a 100% aosp ROM so L is a far shot
3. Bugs get fixed when they get to em they have lives and don't get paid for it so if u can fix it then do it and share

Not tryna be an a-hole just saying tho

Thanks again

L is on my list. Iam just waiting for the source to stabelize

Wifi calling was written for the structure of 4.1.2
It is very annoying and difficult to port a closed-source app/driver from one Android version to another.
This is why the devs are having issues with getting the LED notification light to work as well.

I'm fairly confident that [if/when] LG releases 4.4.4 for the D500, we'd have happier devs as well as happier users.
Until then, we're stuck going through trial and error to see what works.

Actually the WiFi calling is implemented into the framework by T-Mobile. Lg has nothing to do with it. So in order for someone to port WiFi calling to CM(which has been done but for a much older phone) will be nearly impossible. Unless someone were to go into the framework and find the T-Mobile LMS WiFi calling implementation. Which again is almost impossible. So the only way to possibly port WiFi calling is to go back to stock and wait for T-Mobile to release KitKat for d500. Or use ISP that's in the cm11 dialer. And that's complicated as it is. :thumbup::)

Actually the WiFi calling is implemented into the framework by T-Mobile. Lg has nothing to do with it. So in order for someone to port WiFi calling to CM(which has been done but for a much older phone) will be nearly impossible. Unless someone were to go into the framework and find the T-Mobile LMS WiFi calling implementation. Which again is almost impossible. So the only way to possibly WiFi calling is to go back to stock and wait for T-Mobile to release KitKat for d500. Or use ISP that's in the cm11 dialer. And that's complicated as it is. :thumbup::)

Hey... If I give u driver n kk.frameworks to b merge, scripts, libs.. Would you take a hit... I'll b the "GuineaPig" I'm down for it as same with FMradio...??????;)
Even a possible fix for blackscree.

Back
Top Bottom