• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

I need help. I love carbon rom but i need to know what i can do to make it better im going to probably do the sd card hack but sometimes i would get low signal is there anyway i can boost it and also i dont like how the led runs when you get a notification charging ect. How can i limit that And how can i boost battery life i use my phone alot and i really love 4.4.4 and this is a really good rom its stable
If you want more battery life, I'd pay attention to screen brightness and background apps. Also startup apps can cause battery drain. The bootmanager xposed module should help with that. You can also try amplify xposed module to help with wakelocks. Otherwise I'd use xperion ROM + freedom kernel if you want the most battery life. It's more efficient than this. This rom with the overclock kernel is geared more towards speed and smoothness since this phone's battery is already huge for it's low power consumption by default.

Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
If you want more battery life, I'd pay attention to screen brightness and background apps. Also startup apps can cause battery drain. The bootmanager xposed module should help with that. You can also try amplify xposed module to help with wakelocks. Otherwise I'd use xperion ROM + freedom kernel if you want the most battery life. It's more efficient than this. This rom with the overclock kernel is geared more towards speed and smoothness since this phone's battery is already huge for it's low power consumption by default.
Thank you

Upvote 0
Can you provide more details? What version of the ROM are you using? What kernel? What camera app? What version of the phone? (10i, 12b?)

Wassup JayzTwoDimes, I used the newest revision 2 Carbon ROM, the current inteliplug kernel...was using the google camera that came with it and i encountered a kernal crash then i installed mx camera and it did the same thing. i have the 10i version optimus f6

Upvote 0
Wassup JayzTwoDimes, I used the newest revision 2 Carbon ROM, the current inteliplug kernel...was using the google camera that came with it and i encountered a kernal crash then i installed mx camera and it did the same thing. i have the 10i version optimus f6
I think the current intelliplug kernel is for the 12b version of this phone and is meant to be flashed over hroark's camfix kernel. Let me look for the version for 10i.

Edit: here try this version:
Brought: NEW KERNEL ALPHA1-B2

Here we go. 1.8Ghz Overclocked
600mhz Bus OC
Gpu OC 450mhz
Intelliplug
intellithermal
Supercharger Cpu Gov

**** TRICKSTERMOD SETTINGS ****

Sio iosched, readahead 512, mpdecision off, intelliplug on

Last edited:
Reactions: mikale0807
Upvote 0
OK IM GOING TO GIVE THIS ANOTHER SHOT: I GOT THE 10i VERSION F6 WHERE THE CAMERA WORKS FOR ALL ROMS, AFTER I FACTORY RESET AND WIPE THE PHONE TO START OFF WITH A CLEAN SLATE IM GOING TO FLASH CARBON ROM REV2 - GAPPS - THEN REBOOT AND SET UP PHONE WITH ROOT AND SUPERSU AND ALL THE APPS UPDATED - THEN GO IN TO RECOVERY AND WIPE CACHE AND DALVIK THEN FLASH THE KERNAL ALPHA A1-B2 - IF IM MISSING ANYTHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I APPRECIATE IT!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones