• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

Hi all,

I spent a good portion of yesterday evening trying to get the SD card hack working and I think that I finally got it (this will depend on how many times I need to reflash the fix to remount because if I have to do this daily it will drive me crazy. So far I've done it once).

Anyways, I'm having a big problem here where I'm seeing 99% wake lock.. even after reflashing the super charged kernel that was linked to one of the posts earlier in this thread, which is supposed to have a fix to this. And yes I know for sure that I flashed the one with the fix:

http://i.imgur.com/PbiYqYo.png

Can anyone give me an idea of what I can do to fix this? If your going to suggest I flash a different kernel, can you please provide a link to it or the post that has it?

Thank you!

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kernel fixing what ?

Truth, you need to quote whoever you're replying to bro haha.

To answer your question, I thought that the kernel I flashed was supposed fix wakelock and Google service issue. Right now the stats under performance settings show that this device has no gone into deep sleep at all today (although the actual battery draim is not terrible). Battery usage is high when I'm actually using the device as normal.

Not sure what would be causing this, unless there is a glitch in the stats for deep sleep showing properly. I'd rather not have to reflash the ROM if I don't need to because it me long enough to get the SD card hack working... But if it's what I have to do... then I'll do it.

Upvote 0
I've got an update on my issues. So apparently now the phone is actually going into deep sleep! As you recall yesterday my phone showed that Google services was taking up 99% of the activity and causing my phone to be a awake. This started last night when I was connected on WiFi and lasted the next day where I was connected on LTE. So during work I just reflashed the kernel and still noticed that it wasn't going into deep sleep at all. After I came home from from and connected on WiFI, I took a look and realized at some point, the Google service finally stopped taking up all the activity and the phone was in deep sleep: http://i.imgur.com/uAsWXGz.png

Does anyone have an explanation for this? I've heard many times that after installing a kernel, you need to wait a few days until and the battery life will improve, but I never understood the reasoning for this. I don't think I've ever seen a case where my phone literally couldn't go into deep sleep for 7 hours straight. Anyways, battery life seems to be much better now and performance is decent. I don't know how smooth the rom is typically for you guys, but when I'm navigating though the OS, it's not terrible, but definitely not as smooth as the stock LG 4.1.2 ROMfrom what I recall. I've also been spoiled by my Galaxy Tab S2 and the Xperia Z3 Compact that I have in repair right now it's like a day and night difference in terms of performance.

Upvote 0
well you hav2 first flash rom, flash gapps, set up ph.. go to recovery flash kernel with the cam.fix if need it then flash the lates kernel.... remember its one to fix bluetooth, screen fix then another to fix rest of stuff plus inteliplug,supercharger,etcetc
you need to wipe cache n dalvik=(not need it but recommended )
reboot on every flashed for kernel to settle in... (my recommendations)

Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
well you hav2 first flash rom, flash gapps, set up ph.. go to recovery flash kernel with the cam.fix if need it then flash the lates kernel.... remember its one to fix bluetooth, screen fix then another to fix rest of stuff plus inteliplug,supercharger,etcetc
you need to wipe cache n dalvik=(not need it but recommended )
reboot on every flashed for kernel to settle in... (my recommendations)

This is the only kernel I've ever flashed with this rom: http://androidforums.com/threads/me...-f6-lots-of-fixes.880135/page-42#post-6962803

Maybe there's something preventing the script from running? I've flashed everything in the correct order so I'm not sure why there are issues here.

I've also noticed that whenever I go into the performance settings, the over clock settings do not stick. It will randomly be set to max OC sometimes and then change to show 1300 mhz at other times 1300 mhz was the overclock I had set it to the first time I used this.

Upvote 0
This is the only kernel I've ever flashed with this rom: http://androidforums.com/threads/me...-f6-lots-of-fixes.880135/page-42#post-6962803

Maybe there's something preventing the script from running? I've flashed everything in the correct order so I'm not sure why there are issues here.

I've also noticed that whenever I go into the performance settings, the over clock settings do not stick. It will randomly be set to max OC sometimes and then change to show 1300 mhz at other times 1300 mhz was the overclock I had set it to the first time I used this.
would you mind posting a pic of your init.d files how they are would like to see permissions..
plus read this againg
You should use this one if you need ov5936 cam support http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/6962803
This one if you have old firmware (cam always worked) http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/6957959
For the cpu's to stick you need either tricksmod or fauxclock apps

Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
ov5693 install the kernel , but now the camera gives me error . help me please

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-17-18-03-57.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-17-18-03-57.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 0
Damn ya, I didnt read that through. Was all kinds of back in forth. Multotaskin like a mad man, My bad.
Now you knw how it feels when you try to help someone.. ImNot been rude ... Just reminding you... ;-) .
yeahh repair the rear camera and front anque looks blue . I wonder if there is any way to convert the external memory to the internal memory and if there is any way to move applications to external memory .
I knw some ppl used mx.cam or something like that so you can fix the blue tint... I knw its some where in the post of hroark13.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones