• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

One issue I have noticed other than what is mentioned on this thread is that sometimes when I turn off the display or it times out, the power button does nothing other than light up the menu and back keys and the phone won't do anything until I reboot it.

Same thing happens to me don't know what causes it

2zqgbaw.png

Is anybody having an issue that the phone reboots and gives the sim card error but still able to call and send text?
A reboot fixes this

What did you do to the phone? Did you turned off location? Did you add an APN? I'm trying to see if its cuz of some settings

For me it did this immediately after flashing the zip when I booted it the first time.

I've also noticed that I get poor cell reception with this rom. I usually have 3 or 4 bars on stock but when running cm I usually don't get more than 1 bar

For me it did this immediately after flashing the zip when I booted it the first time.

I've also noticed that I get poor cell reception with this rom. I usually have 3 or 4 bars on stock but when running cm I usually don't get more than 1 bar
Yes noticed that too right now when left the house

I would like to believe that my most current deodexed base will work.. my updater script which I haven't had time to do, i screwed up. But, I do think it will work.
Thanks for the files. ;) The thing is WiFi calling apk does not have a UI. On stock ROM you would enable it through the settings. Plus these use phone hardware which first has to be enabled on the ROM.

I installed the latest 8/3 build just to mess with the environment and I noticed under about page that it is only showing 768 MB of RAM? Also, max size available for back cam pictures is 3MP rather than 5MP.

I installed the latest 8/3 build just to mess with the environment and I noticed under about page that it is only showing 768 MB of RAM? Also, max size available for back cam pictures is 3MP rather than 5MP.

2u7c5tf.png

Really? Mine says 4.9MP

I installed the latest 8/3 build just to mess with the environment and I noticed under about page that it is only showing 768 MB of RAM?

Yes similar to how this phone is not clocked at 1.2 GHz and how we don't have 4GB of storage. But it's not just this device. Any device you use even Galaxy Note 3 with 3GB of RAM has a little less than that. I'm no expert but I'm guessing that memory is dedicated to processes that cannot be terminated for they might corrupt your phone. Additionally if you ever upgraded your HDD on your PC you'll notice it does not have as much memory as it should or even plain DVD. Probably just a marketing scam.

Last on stock ROM we had 804 MB of RAM. I'm not fully sure what happened to that 36 MB. But I guess it does not make much of a difference for this ROM is running so much faster than stock it's crazy. :D

Well I got mobile data working, just not LTE or my LTE limit has been reached (im on the 40 dollar plan)

had to go into mobile network and select 3g, I will upload a zip soon, so others can help troubleshoot, I need to do some clean up and push my changes

Yes thank you so much. You're an Android Genius!!!

Well I got mobile data working, just not LTE or my LTE limit has been reached (im on the 40 dollar plan)

had to go into mobile network and select 3g, I will upload a zip soon, so others can help troubleshoot, I need to do some clean up and push my changes

stfk3SM.png

rKczG3o.png

Finally! BTW GPS is working for me I don't know what you mean by not working? It shows my location

Yes similar to how this phone is not clocked at 1.2 GHz and how we don't have 4GB of storage. But it's not just this device. Any device you use even Galaxy Note 3 with 3GB of RAM has a little less than that. I'm no expert but I'm guessing that memory is dedicated to processes that cannot be terminated for they might corrupt your phone. Additionally if you ever upgraded your HDD on your PC you'll notice it does not have as much memory as it should or even plain DVD. Probably just a marketing scam.

Last on stock ROM we had 804 MB of RAM. I'm not fully sure what happened to that 36 MB. But I guess it does not make much of a difference for this ROM is running so much faster than stock it's crazy. :D

Oh okay. I'm assuming the other 256MB is likely dedicated to GPU.

Just focusing in getting hardware working then they will debug or if u know u can help yaself

I didn't mean that It needs to be fixed right now, just reporting bugs.

Really? Mine says 4.9MP

How do you get to that screen? I've only been able to access camera settings from app. The only options available for pic. size are 3M and VGA.

Oh okay. I'm assuming the other 256MB is likely dedicated to GPU.

I didn't mean that It needs to be fixed right now, just reporting bugs.

How do you get to that screen? I've only been able to access camera settings from app. The only options available for pic. size are 3M and VGA.

I'm using google camera from the playstore

Reactions: Hus
Back
Top Bottom