• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

Real quick question I have the metro f6 but it's unlocked and I'm using it on T-Mobile if I use this Rom anything special I need to do like putting in apn's

Hello everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I flashed the latest version of the rom and most of it seems to be working great. I do still see the vibration issue that was discussed earlier and I personally tried USB tethering and it doesn't seem to work although the wifi one does. I'll be testing this out all day today and will put up any other info I can find with issues. I'll also try to test out the NFC with Google Wallet to see if it works today at McDonalds.

A little background on me:

I've been flashing roms for a while now. Definitely not new to this. Also pretty experienced with Arch Linux so terminal commands don't scare me except the rm -rf command or dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sd* commands. I do know that the computer I'm attempting to use for USB tethering is setup correctly driver wise and was successfully tethering using the built in USB tethering (the trick is to turn on airplane mode before turning on the tethering built in then turn off airplane mode after it unlocks it).

To throw a bone about the T-mobile and MetroPCS tethering screens, the answer was in another thread but you can install an app on your computer called fiddler and disable the logs by clicking on the lower left and selecting "Hide all" and going to the upper left and selecting rules and then Win 8.1 (not the surface version).

Anyways, hopefully you can possibly work on USB tethering and hopefully with time the vibration issue will be solved. I'll test everything else on the phone to the best of my ability.

seems like GPS is working, kind of in the build#4, although not as well as in stock.
As has been mentioned before, you have to differentiate between GPS and google location services. Your phone can estimate your location based on WIFI spots and on cellular tower signal. It will be very imprecise, but it will show your location to within half a mile based on cell signal or within 50 feet based on WIFI signal.

If you want to test GPS you can install "GPS Test" or "GPS Status" from play store. Those apps will pull data from the GPS chip to show satellite signals and precision.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&hl=en

My camera works too front and back. But the pictures are horrible blurry. The mic in my headphones doesn't work either. Since we are in beta I thought I might bring these up.

As has been mentioned before, you have to differentiate between GPS and google location services. Your phone can estimate your location based on WIFI spots and on cellular tower signal. It will be very imprecise, but it will show your location to within half a mile based on cell signal or within 50 feet based on WIFI signal.

If you want to test GPS you can install "GPS Test" or "GPS Status" from play store. Those apps will pull data from the GPS chip to show satellite signals and precision.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&hl=en

you are opening my eyes :D

as if I didn't know the difference.

Location is set to "Device - only".

Sygic gets the fix, although not for long, loses it, gets it again, etc.

is it clear?

I see OP lists GPS as something that may or may not work. I'm running 20140804 build and I seem to only get network location only. Some bugs I've noted:

When setting 4x4 or larger pattern the vibration does not turn off until reboot.

I repeat: GPS works in build 4 on my F6. Not as well as on stock, only sees 4 satellites, but it does work.

stock under very same condition sees 23 satellites.

Back
Top Bottom