• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [Unofficial] MetroPCS S4 Root Information Thread

Which baseband (modem) do you have?
ytu7amad.jpg

Thanks for the help Dany :)
Edit: think he's on 4.3 baseband. At least thats what his S4 shipped with.

Reactions: danyvw
Upvote 0
Here ya go

I see you are using GoldenEye ROM, I use it not so long ago (very nice ROM) but I swapped to Echoe due to Bluetooth tethering for my Galaxy Gear. Your baseband is MK5 from MetroPCS JB 4.3.
As promised here you have the T-Mobile KitKat NB4 modem. You need to flash with Odin. Please enter manually to download mode (Power+Volume Up keys, not thru reboot menu)) with Odin 3.04 use "phone" and with Odin 3.09 use "CP", untick auto reboot, start and let it finish then reboot phone manually. Go to settings/about phone and check the baseband. If you don't see the NB4 baseband repeat the whole process.

https://mega.co.nz/#!T5pBnZDL!JQIWooOsyEnT1rbiRs9etUQ_7VVRVr_n7JljKpxqZAg

Reactions: ARocker
Upvote 0
I see you are using GoldenEye ROM, I use it not so long ago (very nice ROM) but I swapped to Echoe due to Bluetooth tethering for my Galaxy Gear. Your baseband is MK5 from MetroPCS JB 4.3.
As promised here you have the T-Mobile KitKat NB4 modem. You need to flash with Odin. Please enter manually to download mode (Power+Volume Up keys, not thru reboot menu)) with Odin 3.04 use "phone" and with Odin 3.09 use "CP", untick auto reboot, start and let it finish then reboot phone manually. Go to settings/about phone and check the baseband. If you don't see the NB4 baseband repeat the whole process.

https://mega.co.nz/#!T5pBnZDL!JQIWooOsyEnT1rbiRs9etUQ_7VVRVr_n7JljKpxqZAg

Alright hold on hold on. I need to use Odin 3.04 and 3.09? And I cant download the link you put on my phone. And on my computer it says starting but wont move.

Upvote 0
Sure thing is that your speeds are very low. Last thing you can do is following ARocker's last advise. If nothing gets better you should contact MetroPCS CS

So I juat called customer service and just like last time they said I ran out of my 2.5 gigs data and its only been a day only this time the lady I talked to said they reset it I guess manually and I should be good. Now at the top of my phone it just has bars and doesn't say 4G as you can see in the picture.

Attachments

• 1397444792398.jpg
    1397444792398.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 0
Touchwiz Kernel Tested and working on my metro S4 (M919N)

This is my setup:

Insane Kit Kat v5 w/NB4 modem:

I have had no problems with it whatsoever. This ROM and this Kernel work excellent for me. I used to lose 4G signal every now and then to and from work on the train but with the NB4 modem i NEVER lose 4G. At all.

KT-SGS4 Kernel by KToonsez:

The Kernel by KToonsez ([KERNEL] [INT'L][AOSP/TW/GE - 4.4/4.3/4.2][04/07/2014] KT-SGS4 - NAE - KTweaker - xda-developers) uses the KTweaker app to overclock/underclock and apply profiles and scripts. I love it and I recommend it! :D

Reactions: ARocker
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones