• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD for AOKP 4.1.2][BlackedOut_AOKP_JBPlus]

Its done now :D uploadfromtaptalk1384213762087.jpg

Upvote 0
This is a test zip its huge...

Installation Instructions:

You must uninstall any updates, Google Play services, PlayStore, Search, Hangouts or any of the previously posted KitKat GApps.
Reboot Recovery
You must wipe cache and dalvik.
You must mount system.
Flash
You must fix permissions.
Profit

This includes all previous mods plus a lot more.(libs, media, updated/themed apps etc)
The new Launcher3/KitKat Launcher.(available on market)
Some tips for the launcher, Swipe from left to bring up Google Now, add apps/widgets same as always.(looks better at 150dpi res)
Screens:
uploadfromtaptalk1384224747030.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1384224761115.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1384224773249.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1384224786145.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1384224798383.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1384224809192.jpg

Disclaimer...you break it, its on you.

Download:
https://db.tt/Hxq0iAUh

Reactions: callmeshulah
Upvote 0
works like a charm, looking forward to the next update. :thumbup:

after messing around with it more, i noticed the aokpbetatest does not change the theme to a black with the semi transparent effects on dialog windows etc. only changes the status bar icons. i use solo launcher, so i havent tested anything with the other (i uninstall it tbh)

not sure if anyone has mentions this, but if you go into system settings > developer options : turn them on and change these: Windows Animation scale, Transition animation scale, and Animator duration scale to .5x it really makes the phone run snappy.

a screenshot
syun8n.png

Upvote 0
after messing around with it more, i noticed the aokpbetatest does not change the theme to a black with the semi transparent effects on dialog windows etc. only changes the status bar icons. i use solo launcher, so i havent tested anything with the other (i uninstall it tbh)

not sure if anyone has mentions this, but if you go into system settings > developer options : turn them on and change these: Windows Animation scale, Transition animation scale, and Animator duration scale to .5x it really makes the phone run snappy.

a screenshot
syun8n.png

It changes the dialer, phone, systemui, framework, updates libs and media too. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones