• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD for AOKP 4.1.2][BlackedOut_AOKP_JBPlus]

I think that may have addressed the Google Play Services issue. But now Hangouts is the one that won't update (and seemingly prevents other apps from updating).

I installed the Hangouts .apk from your other thread. I then tried to copy the .so file into /system/lib, but ES File Explorer (with Root Explorer) said "permission denied". How do I fix?

Upvote 0
I think that may have addressed the Google Play Services issue. But now Hangouts is the one that won't update (and seemingly prevents other apps from updating).

I installed the Hangouts .apk from your other thread. I then tried to copy the .so file into /system/lib, but ES File Explorer (with Root Explorer) said "permission denied". How do I fix?

Hangouts will not update because the leaked version is newer than the one in market. Make sure your file explorer has root permissions from SU. Also if you flashed one of my last three releases those libs are included. It may be an issue where reflashing the rom and gapps(wipe cache and dalvik but not data) then reflash the mod. There were a lot of jar changes etc.

Upvote 0
Working on something new...
uploadfromtaptalk1384852746377.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1384852759077.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1384852771244.jpg

Would u guys be interested?

Reactions: ronii
Upvote 0
Hangouts will not update because the leaked version is newer than the one in market. Make sure your file explorer has root permissions from SU. Also if you flashed one of my last three releases those libs are included. It may be an issue where reflashing the rom and gapps(wipe cache and dalvik but not data) then reflash the mod. There were a lot of jar changes etc.

Actually my Hangout and Google now updated to the versions you put up. Might not be as NEW as the ones you have but my Hangout has SMS now and Google Now now talks in a Somewhat different voice. Oh and my Google settings icon is gray now.

Upvote 0
Actually my Hangout and Google now updated to the versions you put up. Might not be as NEW as the ones you have but my Hangout has SMS now and Google Now now talks in a Somewhat different voice. Oh and my Google settings icon is gray now.

Yeah the market versions are geared to 4.1.2 I have a newer search but I haven't had a chance to test it on the elite yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones