• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MODS] Stock rooted ROM's - ZVC/ZV4 Basebands - CWM 5.0.2.8/6.0.1.2

i dont under stand all the clockworld mod stuff, everytime the update comes up i go to install and it reboots little andriod guy gets half way there and it shows an ! like it didnt finish and im still on zv3

Blooddawn u seem really smart on this could u email me deatailed instructions id be so grateful m7nba@aol.com
Have you ever modified your build.prop?

Upvote 0
i got the clockword and downloaded the zv4boost.zip followed instructions on to install from sd click on the the zvboost.zip an clicked install nothing happened

It will be easier to get help if you be more specific. You say you got CWM, well did you get it from this thread? [WORKING]CWM Recovery v5.0.2.8
And did you boot to CWM recovery to install your zip file or did you just try to click on it from your file explorer.

Upvote 0
Can I flash this right over playful gods rom? I am on sprint.

yes

how do you boot into it

power the phone off and hold volume down and the power button at the same time, don't let go of either button till you see your in CWM. once your in CWM you use the volume rockers to navigate, the search button to select and the back button to go back.

Upvote 0
CWM Recovery looks likes this...

21mf960.png

Navigate down to "install zip from sdcard" then select the zip file you want to install and select yes to confirm.

If you don't have this screen when you try to boot to recovery then you don't have CWM.

Upvote 0
CWM Recovery looks likes this...

Navigate down to "install zip from sdcard" then select the zip file you want to install and select yes to confirm.

If you don't have this screen when you try to boot to recovery then you don't have CWM.

Thanks Munguse for the pic. Maybe I was thinking of the Prevail when I posted. But regardless, the poster needs the to use Install zip option, not the update zip option... the STOCK RECOVERY has fewer options...

reboot system now
apply update from sd card
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

hope this helps...

Upvote 0
yes

power the phone off and hold volume down and the power button at the same time, don't let go of either button till you see your in CWM. once your in CWM you use the volume rockers to navigate, the search button to select and the back button to go back.

Great. Thanks. Will flash this in the morning then just to get rid of the constant update nag!

Upvote 0
Question, I bought the phone a couple of days ago and it installed all the updates available, now i want to root it. Am I in the right tread?
Alright I need some help. I bought the Marquee a couple days ago and It has all the latest updates and all now I want to root it. Im just confused and dont want to screwup the phone

As I stated in the other post.. You need to flash back to stock with kdz then manually update.. Use this thread:
Flash your phone back to stock[KDZ/Cab]

Reactions: zasvier89
Upvote 0
I tried flashing both the ZV4 and the ZVC rom and it goes through fine, but when it goes to install the baseband at the end it comes back from the S/W update saying it can't mount/open /cache, is there a way to fix this?? I tried mounting /cache in mounting menu but it said it couldn't mount it again at that point, wonder why??
Try fix permissions under the Advanced menu in CWM.

Upvote 0
I tried flashing both the ZV4 and the ZVC rom and it goes through fine, but when it goes to install the baseband at the end it comes back from the S/W update saying it can't mount/open /cache, is there a way to fix this?? I tried mounting /cache in mounting menu but it said it couldn't mount it again at that point, wonder why??

the instructions tell you what to do.

Bloodawn said:
Installation:
➯ Copy the zip to your SDCard
➯ Boot into ClockWorkMod
➯ Make a backup
➯ Select "install zip from sdcard"
➯ Select the ROM.zip
➯ Select "yes"
➯ The rom will install and the phone will reboot to install the Baseband
➯ Once finished the phone will boot back into CWM
➯ Select "wipe cache partition"
➯ Select "reboot system now"

Upvote 0
Thanks for putting this rom up!

I have a Boost Marquee and had rooted it a while back, but it wouldn't self update to V4, I think I broke it somehow removing Mobile ID and Boost Zone. Now, thanks to you, it works perfectly again.

Is there and easy and safe way to remove Boost Zone and Mobile ID? I have learned from my mistakes and backed up everything before I mess with it.

Upvote 0
Is there and easy and safe way to remove Boost Zone and Mobile ID? I have learned from my mistakes and backed up everything before I mess with it.
Could just use Titanium Backup *Root*... You can back up and uninstall your system apps.. Though Boost Zone and Mobile ID were one of the first apps I removed from my Marquee and it never created any issues. I do not believe they are associated or relied on by anything important.

Alternatively I believe you can also use File Manager such as Root Explorer or whatever app you chose. Navigate to /system/app and locate the app and delete it, then reboot. (Note I am not 100% on this, especially if the ROM is not deodexed I think you have to also delete the .odex file.) Again I do know TiBU will work, and am not sure if the alternate instructions are correct. I am sure someone will confirm or deny that for us though. Hope this can help ya out.

==================

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones