• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MODS] Stock rooted ROM's - ZVC/ZV4 Basebands - CWM 5.0.2.8/6.0.1.2

Hey bloodawn, I have a question for you.

I flashed the stock ZV4 rooted, Recently I was looking in the "about phone" and noticed it says I'm on LG855ZV4 SW, but my Baseband shows as ZVC not ZV4.

Do you know why the stock ZV4 SW your providing has the ZVC baseband? I mean my phone works fine and all but it does seem my signal is weak compared to my womens stock phone which has the stock ZV4 SW and stock ZV4 Baseband. Also sometimes I will get a voicemail without ever hearing my phone ring.

I was just wondering how the stock ZV4 SW ended up having the ZVC Baseband. Is there any way to get the stock ZV4 Baseband back?

Upvote 0
Hey bloodawn, I have a question for you.

I flashed the stock ZV4 rooted, Recently I was looking in the "about phone" and noticed it says I'm on LG855ZV4 SW, but my Baseband shows as ZVC not ZV4.

Do you know why the stock ZV4 SW your providing has the ZVC baseband? I mean my phone works fine and all but it does seem my signal is weak compared to my womens stock phone which has the stock ZV4 SW and stock ZV4 Baseband. Also sometimes I will get a voicemail without ever hearing my phone ring.

I was just wondering how the stock ZV4 SW ended up having the ZVC Baseband. Is there any way to get the stock ZV4 Baseband back?

the stock ZV4 does come with its baseband, I even flashed it just now to make sure.

something probably went wrong in the install or you got a bad download. delete your current zip and redownload it, then flash it again.

Upvote 0
the stock ZV4 does come with its baseband, I even flashed it just now to make sure.

something probably went wrong in the install or you got a bad download. delete your current zip and redownload it, then flash it again.

Thanks blood, I'll download the ZV4 and flash it again.

Update, Fixed redownloaded the ZV4 rooted and this time the baseband is a match. I love the advanced restore function of CWM.

I was able to download the ZV4 do the SW upgrade which restored me to LG855ZV4 with ZV4 baseband. Then I was able to use advanced restore feature of CWM to re-install my apps, and flash updated kernel. Phone is back to way it was prior only this time with matching baseband.

Thanks again blood!

Upvote 0
I can't seem to download anything.. Everything i try says Error downloading "app name" There is insufficient space on the the device. There is 2.8g free on phone and 32g sd card with tons of room. this is on the zv4 boost. any help would be appreciated.

Update: I didn't read the instructions just figured it was the same as most. Reflashed wipe cache partition and then restarted worked flawless.

Upvote 0
I can't seem to download anything.. Everything i try says Error downloading "app name" There is insufficient space on the the device. There is 2.8g free on phone and 32g sd card with tons of room. this is on the zv4 boost. any help would be appreciated.

First you need to go into settings>applications>Google play store, wipe data... then go back to play store if still no go reboot phone, then it should work as normal after that...hope this helped... ;)

Upvote 0
i am so lost my phone is rooted i have Boost when i run the Zv4 update(and i did follow the instructions redownloaded it countless times) i wiped cache and did fixed permissions etc it still says

E:Cant mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Cant mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Cant mount /cache/recovery/last_log

Upvote 0
i am so lost my phone is rooted i have Boost when i run the Zv4 update(and i did follow the instructions redownloaded it countless times) i wiped cache and did fixed permissions etc it still says

E:Cant mount /cache/recovery/command

Are you wiping the cache before you flash the rom or after? If you do it after then reboot it should go away.

Upvote 0
Jumped through some hoops, had to flash the phone using the kdz file, in order to roll back the touch CWM. Once that was done I was able to get the older CWM loaded again and then installed this stock rom ZVC with no problems. It went into that software update window where as CWM touch wouldn't let that happen.

I love hoops

Upvote 0
I downloaded the stock Rom, and even though it shows the boost logo when it starts, superuser is still on here & the animations between screens is the cube animation. I need to ship my marquee back to LG for repairs. How can I make the phone go back to factory specs?I don't want them to give me a hard time with the warranty repairs. Thanks

Upvote 0
I downloaded the stock Rom, and even though it shows the boost logo when it starts, superuser is still on here & the animations between screens is the cube animation. I need to ship my marquee back to LG for repairs. How can I make the phone go back to factory specs?I don't want them to give me a hard time with the warranty repairs. Thanks

It's a stock rooted rom. Now you have to delete superuser. There is a remove su thread that explains how to delete root

Reactions: ritzg
Upvote 0

It's a stock rooted rom. Now you have to delete superuser. There is a remove su thread that explains how to delete root

Yes. And the AIO Ropot and recovery method posted in the sticky has an option to remove root and cwm if I remember correctly. I had to do one at a time, remove root, reboot, then remove cwm. The combo option didn't work for me.

Reactions: ritzg
Upvote 0
the boost zvc root is a zip file. When I double click on it I get an error message saying "Error: WinZIP only supports IMG files that are in the ISO format." I tried opening with PowerISO & Ultra ISO I get the same message. I'm totally lost. I just need to get my phone back to stock, I have disconnected service on it since I already had a new phone when this one started freaking out, so I can't download any apps from the market onto it. I need to delete superuser. I'm sorry I'm so stupid for this, but I don't know what to do.

Oh, and if there's a thread for removing superuser I haven't found it.

And if just realized, I never put the specs on my phone. Maybe this will say something about what I need to do?? (I have no idea)

Model Number: LG-LG855
Android version: 2.3.4
Baseband: LS855ZVC-M6600A-SCAUTSZ-3.0.40T
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7 lge@android-build#1
Build #: GRJ22ZVC
SW Version: LG855ZVC

Upvote 0
the boost zvc root is a zip file. When I double click on it I get an error message saying "Error: WinZIP only supports IMG files that are in the ISO format." I tried opening with PowerISO & Ultra ISO I get the same message. I'm totally lost. I just need to get my phone back to stock, I have disconnected service on it since I already had a new phone when this one started freaking out, so I can't download any apps from the market onto it. I need to delete superuser. I'm sorry I'm so stupid for this, but I don't know what to do.

Oh, and if there's a thread for removing superuser I haven't found it.

And if just realized, I never put the specs on my phone. Maybe this will say something about what I need to do?? (I have no idea)

Model Number: LG-LG855
Android version: 2.3.4
Baseband: LS855ZVC-M6600A-SCAUTSZ-3.0.40T
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7 lge@android-build#1
Build #: GRJ22ZVC
SW Version: LG855ZVC

The stock rooted roms need to flashed through CWM, just like installing any other rom. Put the zip on the sd card, reboot into recovery (CWM). Wipe cache, wipe dalvik from advanced menu. back up to main menu. install zip from sd card. choose zip from sd card, and navigate to the saved stock zip, and install. Reboot. You should then have the stock rom plus root. Then hook up phone to computer and using the AIO Root and Recovery method remove root and cwm. This has worked for me in the past, but I had to uninstall each separately. Good luck!

http://androidforums.com/marquee-all-things-root/481957-lg-marquee-all-things-root-guide.html

http://androidforums.com/marquee-all-things-root/510164-root-cwm-lg-marquee-aio-root-recovery.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones