• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MODS] Stock rooted ROM's - ZVC/ZV4 Basebands - CWM 5.0.2.8/6.0.1.2

do u have it in /data/app as well?
Nope. TiBU says it isn't installed. though there are two of them and they are both uninstalled. One says trestle days. The other gives me app or app and data option. I can restore it but cannot uninstall.
Funny thing too, if I restore app it shows it's still restoring though it had already been restored and I have to force TiBU to close.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Upvote 0
Nope. TiBU says it isn't installed. though there are two of them and they are both uninstalled. One says trestle days. The other gives me app or app and data option. I can restore it but cannot uninstall.
Funny thing too, if I restore app it shows it's still restoring though it had already been restored and I have to force TiBU to close.

was play music included with this rom even? or did u install it via titanium?

Upvote 0
was play music included with this rom even? or did u install it via titanium?

I used TiBU. Though right after I restored it showed in the backup menu as not installed.. Edit: music.apk is in your ROM. Nit sure if it's music_2.3.4 or google.play.music.apk. Though I never had a music.apk installed. So maybe I should reflash the ROM and kernel again?

EDIT: I fixed it by restoring a BU in CWM that was from right before I flashed MBv2. Then I Re-Flashed MBv2, and did not use TiBU to restore Google Play Music, instead downloaded it from the market. I now have working GooglePlayMusic.apk and Music_2.3.4.apk.

Upvote 0
Can anyone please confirm if google plus is working on this ROM? It was NOT working on MarkyBeats v2 for me and BionicChronic (so it wasn't JUST me).

If so, I may just switch to this ROM from MBv2

I just created an account for google+ using this rom with no problems. I never used google+ but from what I see it works. Anything I should try to confirm if it works....?

Upvote 0
Can anyone please confirm if google plus is working on this ROM? It was NOT working on MarkyBeats v2 for me and BionicChronic (so it wasn't JUST me).

If so, I may just switch to this ROM from MBv2
I could be wrong on this, but I think they are close to the same, Deodexed Stock ROM's with the ZVC Update included. Meaning if you have the issue on MB you may also have it with this ROM. Like I said I am not sure about this though. I would just wait until Blood or Monster get a chance to look into it. I mean it is just G+, you can still access it via Dolphin HD (or w.e browser you use.) I would say the issues with MMS and BT getting resolved was a bigger issue than G+. Anyway hopefully you can find a fix and if not I would sit tight for now my friend.

Upvote 0
I could be wrong on this, but I think they are close to the same, Deodexed Stock ROM's with the ZVC Update included. Meaning if you have the issue on MB you may also have it with this ROM. Like I said I am not sure about this though. I would just wait until Blood or Monster get a chance to look into it. I mean it is just G+, you can still access it via Dolphin HD (or w.e browser you use.) I would say the issues with MMS and BT getting resolved was a bigger issue than G+. Anyway hopefully you can find a fix and if not I would sit tight for now my friend.

these rom's aren't deodex'd and there shouldn't be any problems with them except the MMS on the Boost ZVC one, I can fix that tho sometime.

Upvote 0
these rom's aren't deodex'd and there shouldn't be any problems with them except the MMS on the Boost ZVC one, I can fix that tho sometime.
My bad, I wasn't sure haha, so I apologize. I thought Monster said he had Deodexed MBv2 (at least according to his "What is included in this ROM:" section). And I was never sure of your ROM, because I used MB which I assumed was based from yours.
Also not sure about anyone else, but I am running the ZVC Update on Boost and have no MMS issues with the Stock SMS. Only issue to report would be BT as far as using it for calls. FTP and Music BT works fine. And I guess Google+, though I personally do not use it, I did download to test it and it FC's. [This is on MB though. As mp3jeep said it works on yours. =)] Other than that I am loving everything as is. Thanks for the haed work/dedication Blood! And again sorry I gave bad info, I had thought they were both deodexed.

Upvote 0
MB is deodexed for the most part, this rom is not. Blood made this for people having problems updating to zvc, or to use as a base rom for modding.

You can tell if a rom is deodexed by going to your system/app or system/framework folder. If you see .odex files, that app or framework file is not deodexed. For example, the system/app folder will be all .apks, no .odexs

Reactions: Bionic Chronic
Upvote 0
My bad, I said I wasn't sure haha. I thought Monster said he had Deodexed MBv2. In any case I am running the ZVC Update on Boost and have no MMS issues with the Stock SMS. Only issue to report would be BT as far as using it for calls. FTP and Music BT works fine. And I guess Google+, though I personally do not use it, I did download to test it and it FC's. [This is on MB though. As mp3jeep said it works on yours. =)] Other than that I am loving everything as is. Thanks for the haed work/dedication Blood! And again sorry I gave bad info, I had thought they were deodexed.

no only MB is deodexed

edit: ninja'd by sik

Upvote 0
MB is deodexed for the most part, this rom is not. Blood made this for people having problems updating to zvc, or to use as a base rom for modding.

You can tell if a rom is deodexed by going to your system/app or system/framework folder. If you see .odex files, that app or framework file is not deodexed. For example, the system/app folder will be all .apks, no .odexs

no only MB is deodexed

edit: ninja'd by sik
Thanks for clarifying for me. Really was just trying to say that I figured if G+ is having issues on MB it might on This ROM as well. Though I couldn't be certain since I do not use this ROM and mp3jeep confirmed it to be working. Not sure which ROM he is using though.

Upvote 0
Thanks for clarifying for me. Really was just trying to say that I figured if G+ is having issues on MB it might on This ROM as well. Though I couldn't be certain since I do not use this ROM and mp3jeep confirmed it to be working. Not sure which ROM he is using though.

g+ fc's for me when i boot up, after that nothing..

Dont know why, maybe i will just put in g+ in the ROM next update

Upvote 0
If this is essentially the same ROM as stock but just for root, should there be a massive performance boost?

I'm running Blood's kernel .2, but my quadrant scores went from 780 to around 1300 or so.

yes, these are just stock roms with root/busybox added and adb enabled, I didn't do anything to optimize or increase performance in them.

the performance boost you got was from the kernel.

Upvote 0

Google Plus is massively important to me for the Instant Upload feature. This is really the main reason I want it so badly. Thanks for all the info and help!

Upvote 0
Is Carrier IQ disabled in this rom?

Yes it is.

15vqqd.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones