• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root new .32 hydra kernels up :)

Folks,

Can I get some assistance?

Can someone verify that the underclock stock version does, or does not have perflock disabled?

Same with the overclock version.

Thanks.

--Best way to test is to set your max speeds low and see if the setcpu widget reflects the change.

Folks,

Can I get some assistance?

Can someone verify that the underclock stock version does, or does not have perflock disabled?

Same with the overclock version.

Thanks.

--Best way to test is to set your max speeds low and see if the setcpu widget reflects the change.

the overclock one does work

Perflock is definitely disabled in the overclocked version. Im using the OCUV, with the overvolt to be exact.

I dont need to go into setcpu and disable perflock for it to govern it.

Its actually funny, I installed the kernal like 3 times wondering why it wasnt overclocking until I remembered that setCPU was stuck at 998 still

Thanks. Wanted to make sure I wasn't on crack.

Next question. When on the overclock kernel, does the phone properly display after the phone wakes up?

Stupid question warning: :)

Do I have to flash the radio update first, or even at all? I was under the impression that it was only a kernel, but I really have no idea and am probably horridly wrong. If I wanted to run the new Jager2.2 ROM with this kernel, would I need the new radio?

Thanks,
Nkk

How can you check if it is truly overclocking? and will the overclock kernels drain my battery?

All this rooting stuff is making me so pumped about my phone. But im trying to learn more so thank you for anyone that answers!

i think so yes... what exactly are you meaning?

Well if I was masochist and wanted to reflash my kernel, I would screenshot it.

However---

There appears to be some sort of glitch when you disable perflock in the kernel config that leaves you with a working phone, until it shuts off. When you turn the screen back on, it comes back as a black screen with a bright white line at the top. if you wait long enough, it gets all colorful, and rainbowy. Makes me want to kick a care bear in the face.

i havent gotten that yet and i hope i dont... bc i like carebears and dont want to hurt those cute little creatures

Back
Top Bottom