• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NFL 2O23

FB_IMG_1696893332512.jpg

I thought the refs had so many no calls then so many bad calls that they ruined the game no matter who you were rooting for. The Chargers last drive before the half saw a completed pass barely in bounds and was downed by a Cowboy touch but the clock stopped. The Cowboys saw 17 seconds run off the clock on their possession on basically the same catch on the sideline and pushed out of bounds and the clock continued to run. No holding.. holding. Roughing the passer... pass interference and no pass interference calls... it just went on and on. I didn't have a care who won that game but sure would like to see better refs... or at least consistent calls.
I honestly don't think the refs calls are one sided or they have been paid off. I do think they often.. way often actually, see or don't see infractions in an attempt to keep games close in scores and competitive. I'd never consider myself a conspiracy theorist but it sure seems to me that ref calls lean toward making the games more entertaining and marketable.

I thought the refs had so many no calls then so many bad calls that they ruined the game no matter who you were rooting for. The Chargers last drive before the half saw a completed pass barely in bounds and was downed by a Cowboy touch but the clock stopped. The Cowboys saw 17 seconds run off the clock on their possession on basically the same catch on the sideline and pushed out of bounds and the clock continued to run. No holding.. holding. Roughing the passer... pass interference and no pass interference calls... it just went on and on. I didn't have a care who won that game but sure would like to see better refs... or at least consistent calls.
I honestly don't think the refs calls are one sided or they have been paid off. I do think they often.. way often actually, see or don't see infractions in an attempt to keep games close in scores and competitive. I'd never consider myself a conspiracy theorist but it sure seems to me that ref calls lean toward making the games more entertaining and marketable.
as far as the refereeing goes, yeah they called a bad game. but i don't blame them for the chargers loosing the game. that fourth and one where herbert overthrew a pass to palmer in the end zone was a bad call. they should have pounded it up the middle or at least do a play action play. we had no running game with eckler back. and our d sucks. we have been allowing big play after big play. that 60 yard bomb from prescott to pollard should not have happened.

we have the pieces, but we are poorly coached.

Last edited:
I thought both teams left points on the field by not kicking field goals. In a close game.. you take the easy points. I understand the desire for 7 but a field goal was all that separated the two teams at the end. I definitely think the Chargers have sharp tools that could have been used better. If anything, I thought they backed off of their pass rush which seemed effective in the beginning of the game. Most all QBs make questionable reads and passes when pressured. Play calls seemed to be a bit predictable by both teams. I thought that Eckler played a decent game for his first game back. I think he should have used more in the second half. The running game wears down a defense and eats clock. In a close game, both become important.

I thought the Chargers' run plays all looked like run plays and were an easy read by Dallas' D. Some option plays to give the run game a chance would be an improvement. If they want to pass pass pass, they need to use that to set up some runs. Being unpredictable and disguised to get the defense out of position or at least guessing wins games.

I actually thought the Chargers were going to win and I'm a cowboys fan, with Kellen Moore leaving us last season and going to the Chargers........ the guy knows the Cowboys play book I'm sure.
And then they played the game. And in typical Chargers fashion they find ways to lose. The frustrating part is that there loses are less than 7 points a game......ugggg I hate being a Chargers fan sometimes..... lol

And then they played the game. And in typical Chargers fashion they find ways to lose. The frustrating part is that there loses are less than 7 points a game......ugggg I hate being a Chargers fan sometimes..... lol
Exactly, so you think that coach of there's would stop going for it on 4th and short in FG range and just take the 3 points. These "analytics" they speak of make zero sense.

It's funny that you should say that. My son had the Cowboys picked in his pickem league. We watched the game together and when he told me that he went with Dallas I told him I thought the Chargers had a good chance of winning the game. He said "The Chargers always find a way to lose". And they did.

Back
Top Bottom