• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NFL 2O23

I'm watching now and into the 4th quarter. It isn't that much fun to watch. At least I picked the right team to win. :) Sloppy is descriptive. The Chargers aren't sharp and the Jets... well how did they win four games???

yeah another snooze fest. almost put me to sleep listening to it on my drive home for work. not very entertaining to listen to. i have Herbert on one of my fantasy teams and he gave me only 1.50 points tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank god we have a defense that stepped up tonight. so we are 4 and 2 in our last 6 games, we are starting to trend in the right direction. hopefully we can continue that upward trend and make the playoffs. but first Herbert's finger needs to heal faster. even thought it is on his non throwing hand, i am pretty sure it is affecting his accuracy quite a bit.

Last night was one of those nights where I wanted to watch multiple sporting events. Kansas U and my local U, Wichita State, were both being streamed during the football game. Jumping back and forth between streaming and dish is too time consuming so I recorded the football game. The basketball games weren't entertaining. Both of my teams had scheduled a lesser opponent for their openers.
The only entertainment value was to see some of the new players. I gave up the streamed games and started to watch the Chargers Jets game in hopes of a game to watch. Fast forward was my friend. :)

By week nine I expected both teams to execute better. The Charger D was dominant or the Jets O was terrible. I was very happy to see Keenan Allen reach the 10,000 yards receiving mark. That's quite an accomplishment.

Last night was one of those nights where I wanted to watch multiple sporting events. Kansas U and my local U, Wichita State, were both being streamed during the football game. Jumping back and forth between streaming and dish is too time consuming so I recorded the football game. The basketball games weren't entertaining. Both of my teams had scheduled a lesser opponent for their openers.
The only entertainment value was to see some of the new players. I gave up the streamed games and started to watch the Chargers Jets game in hopes of a game to watch. Fast forward was my friend. :)

By week nine I expected both teams to execute better. The Charger D was dominant or the Jets O was terrible. I was very happy to see Keenan Allen reach the 10,000 yards receiving mark. That's quite an accomplishment.
and he reached that mark with a crazy spinning over his head catch:

Fragmented viewing. Love the term. Fragmented means more expense for the consumer. I see no end to it and anticipate it will be worse as time goes on. It's indeed a sad scenario for sports fans. Most fans can afford to subscribe to a number of streams to follow all of their favorite sports and teams. I'm guessing that I'm not alone in being too frugal to spend that sort of money. I think it will ultimately hurt the sports industry. Less viewers means less revenue. The advertising industry won't pay the big bucks to run their commercials on a dozen different streams also creating a loss of revenue. If I stop following a sport, I will eventually lose interest. I won't know any of the players and have no players or teams I care about. They will eliminate me and other devoted fans until the sport wains.

I see two solutions though I doubt we see either. One would be a substantial discount price for each sport without subscribing to all of the other content of the streaming service. Second would be a mega streaming service that carried all of the sports and just sports. ESPN+++ or YouTube Sports. It would take someone that has seriously deep pockets to host all of the sports. However, the price per subscription could be affordable for they would have all of the sport fans contributing. Fragmentation would be eliminated. The advertising industry would be satisfied. The subscriber would be happy.

Thursday night football on Prime this week is the 1-7 Panthers at the 2-7 Bears. These two teams are struggling for a win. I'm taking the Bears at home in this matchup. The Bears are favored by 4 right now.

I was getting ready to write a nasty (but professional) email to the NFL and Amazon over the Thursday night Bears game, Then I discovered that Fox TV in Chicago will broadcast the game. So I have cooled off 🤣

Back
Top Bottom