• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NFL 2O23

Screenshot_20231114_155926_X.jpg

The Thursday night game is on Prime tonight. The Cincinnati Bengals trave to Baltimore to play the Ravens. Both teams are coming off week 10 losses. The Ravens are favored by 3.5 and the over / under is 46 points as of this morning. Three or so points is basically home field advantage by the Ravens so it is expected to be a competitive game.

I read something the other day about Disney wanting to pull their cable TV channels and change them to a subscription streaming service. Now if it's just the 3 or 4 Disney channels, it's no big deal, but Disney also owns ESPN, ABC, SEC Network. I would hope they don't plan on including any of those channels from cable.

I read something the other day about Disney wanting to pull their cable TV channels and change them to a subscription streaming service. Now if it's just the 3 or 4 Disney channels, it's no big deal, but Disney also owns ESPN, ABC, SEC Network. I would hope they don't plan on including any of those channels from cable.
Absolutely nothing at this point would surprise me. There must be more money in streaming the sports than what they can get out of cable companies. Goodbye to sports on one service and welcome to sports viewing hell. It's rapidly approaching.

Disney actually owns 22 TV channels. The Government really needs to step in and stop some of these mergers. Disney is officially a conglomerate. When any business gets that big the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, and the person that gets hurt the most is the consumer.

Disney actually owns 22 TV channels. The Government really needs to step in and stop some of these mergers. Disney is officially a conglomerate. When any business gets that big the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, and the person that gets hurt the most is the consumer.
I could pick up a couple or more streaming services if I opted to drop DirectTV. My wife hates any sort of change and the added complication of streaming for her would be a nightmare. If her channels weren't included I'd be a dead man. :) The writing is on the wall. Cable TV will be roosting in the shed with Blockbuster soon. Just like land line phones... they had a great run but their time is over. It's all about the money.

Burrow getting hurt really let the air out of this game. Poor Al Michaels just can't catch a break, even when the teams are decent the game ends up terrible 😆
The worst part of Burrow's injury is it might be season ending. It looked like a tendon snapped to me.
I agree.. it was game over when he went out. I thought Jackson was out for a few minutes. Lots of injuries tonight for some reason.

I could pick up a couple or more streaming services if I opted to drop DirectTV. My wife hates any sort of change and the added complication of streaming for her would be a nightmare. If her channels weren't included I'd be a dead man. :) The writing is on the wall. Cable TV will be roosting in the shed with Blockbuster soon. Just like land line phones... they had a great run but their time is over. It's all about the money.

Sounds like my wife.

Back
Top Bottom