• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NFL 2O23

I really hate an announcer who call the Dallas Cowboys, America's Team.
They were never America's team to me. They did enjoy quite the following years ago. I even mowed for a guy that had his house painted in Dallas colors complete with star. :) My brother-in-law was huge Dallas fan back in the day. I was always a Chiefs fan though they were pretty hard to root for when Dallas was enjoying the lime light.

I am a true Dallas Fan and we sucked yesterday, i don't know if they are saving themselves for the Playoffs but that was a poor showing.... i guess they had already heard that they had clinched their division and just played like 💩

I am a true Dallas Fan and we sucked yesterday, i don't know if they are saving themselves for the Playoffs but that was a poor showing.... i guess they had already heard that they had clinched their division and just played like 💩
They either let up on the gas or the Bills D was on top of their game. I thought it would be a lot closer game. As playoff spots are solidified we'll be seeing throw away games and that might well have been one of them.

The Monday night football game on ESPN will be the 10-3 Philadelphia Eagles playing the 6-7 Seattle Seahawks. Both teams would like to break their losing streaks, Eagles two games and Seahawks four.
The Eagles are a three point favorite and the over under is set at 45.

Tonight's football game is on Prime. The 7-7 Saints will be playing at the 7-7 Rams. The Rams are favored by 4 with a 44.5 over under set. I hope the game is a shootout and entertaining being as I don't care who wins.

Considering the Saints needed the win just like the Rams, I thought the Rams looked very good. They were at home and all of that helps but they played a better game.

We have two Saturday games today. The first is the 8-6 Bengals traveling to Pittsburg to play the 7-7 Steelers. Both teams will be starting backup quarter backs with the Bengals enjoying a recent 3 game win streak vs the Steelers 3 game losing streak. A low scoring game is predicted with the Bengals favored by 3. The game will air on NBC at 3:30 CST.

The Saturday night game will have the 8-6 Bills playing the 5-9 Chargers. The game will stream on Peacock at 7:00 CST. Odds favor the Bills by a whopping 12.5 points. It's easy to understand with the Bills peaking and the Chargers dumping. I don't have Peacock so I'll miss this exciting game.

Peacock - Note the small print at the bottom you will still get some ads

peacock.png

I have Prime but I had it prior to TNF moving to prime. It's the only streaming service I have besides ESPN+. We enjoy a number of their services. I dislike streaming football... hate it actually. The UI is a bad joke and eliminates my normal viewing routine.
I don't have Peacock and I don't see jumping on another service. I draw the line a lot shorter than many. I doubt they will be impacted by my boycott of streamed sports but that's the way it will be.

Last edited:
I think it's a real joke that paying for Peacock you still get ads

Sooner or later I think all channels will be a pay for streaming service, even your local channels like ABC, CBS and NBC.Then people will start sharing usernames and passwords and the networks will want people prosecuted for theft of services.

Three games on today. The noon game will be the 6-8 Raiders playing the 9-5 Chiefs at Arrowhead. The Chiefs are favored by 10.5. The second game will see the 5-9 Giants traveling to Philadelphia to play the 10-4 Eagles who are favored by 13.5. The evening game between the 11-3 Ravens playing the 11-3 49ers in San Fran should be the best game of the day. The 49ers are favored by 6 but it should be a heck of a game that both teams want to win.

anybody remember The Embraceable Ewes when LA Rams were previously in Los Angeles
I can't say that I remember them at all. I've loved football all my life but never followed the cheerleaders of any team. Just wasn't my thing. I worked around a guy that was a huge KC cheerleader fan and attended their debut thing each year and gathered autographs and such. Not football to me.

I had a niece who was a cheerleader for a NFL team about 12 years ago. They really get ripped off. There were all kinds of events she had to attend all over the place and she would only get paid $50 for each event. I hope it has changed.

Back
Top Bottom