• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NFL 2O23

I think the last half of the Cowboys season will be the hardest, Poor Ezekiel Elliott still hasn't been picked up.... the Buccaneers were interested but only wanted to pay him a Million a year coming from 12 Million. Cowboys still have the rights to him and would probably keep him but not for the pay he thinks he deserves but i don't see a team willing to pay him top dollar with all these fresh rookies coming out.

The day of the star running backs have come and gone. It seems the position has become somewhat dispensable. Two or three years of abuse at best seems to be the norm. New backs are waiting in the wings and most of them perform at a high level. Big money is spent on QBs WRs and TEs these day and not RBs. Ezekiel is a genuine talent that's tried and true. A younger back with less mileage can be had at a fraction of his contract and produce a rushing threat to aid the passing game. That's the evolution of the game that Ezekiel is now victim of.

The day of the star running backs have come and gone. It seems the position has become somewhat dispensable. Two or three years of abuse at best seems to be the norm. New backs are waiting in the wings and most of them perform at a high level. Big money is spent on QBs WRs and TEs these day and not RBs. Ezekiel is a genuine talent that's tried and true. A younger back with less mileage can be had at a fraction of his contract and produce a rushing threat to aid the passing game. That's the evolution of the game that Ezekiel is now victim of.

I totally agree, and RB's you would usually pick late in the draft and QB's were the same, We invited a Rookie QB Matthew McKay for Rookie training camp .. so we'll see how that goes and Rumors of trying to get Kareem Hunt .

Screenshot_20230525_150555_Twitter.jpg

Being as I plan to migrate to YT TV and drop DirecTV I've been exploring my football viewing options. YT will have the package for the foreseeable future but it's way expensive. I'll still get my network's football coverage with my YT TV subscription. It's a bummer but what is a poor man to do? Tonight I see that I won't be able to watch Sunday Night Football without subscribing to Peacock. They have the SNF games this year. I could log into NBCSports.com with my current TV provider info and stream from them at no cost... but if I'm streaming, I won't have a TV provider. They might still be broadcast on NBC... the more I read the more confused I am. If I have to use Peacock, my cost will be $4.99 a month. Thursday night games are an Amazon Prime steam. At least I am already a Prime subscriber. Monday night games will be on ESPN so that will be on YT TV.

Basically, we are being forced to do without a lot of the games or subscribe to multiple streaming services. I hope they lose viewership and these changes bite them in the butt. However, I feel like it's the changing times and viewers will be forced to stream their programing... especially sports.

It's all about new customers with select (top of the line phone) with their unlimited plus plan or their new home internet package.
What sort of discount or deal does the poor guy like me that's subscribed to their service for over 35 years? Not to mention that most of those years I had four phones with unlimited. What a crock!

I remember when they used to Fine players for touchdown Celebrations.
If we'd pulled off a show-boat celebration when we were in high school, the team would have been penalized and the players involved would have been kicked off the team. I view it as pure disrespect for the opposing team and there is absolutely no room for such behavior.

If we'd pulled off a show-boat celebration when we were in high school, the team would have been penalized and the players involved would have been kicked off the team. I view it as pure disrespect for the opposing team and there is absolutely no room for such behavior.

Professional athletes should be promoting sportsmanship to the kids. I've always looked at the showboating as unsportsmanlike conduct.

I'm always ready for some football. It will be a big change for me this year without the NFL ticket. I'm sure I'll survive. I thought it seemed early a couple of weeks ago when sites starting reminding me it was time to renew my fantasy leagues. I'm not doing fantasy football anymore... burnout! Without watching all of the games, fantasy is a complete waste of time. But hey, football season is just around the corner. I'm ready!

Back
Top Bottom