• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NFL 2O23

3rd year for Justin Fields. This is his last chance to prove he belongs in the NFL. If not he can go play in Canada

Monsters Of The Midway Smile GIF by Chicago Bears

My favorite College Football team is Ohio State and still have family in Cinncinatti, their RB, LB and almost everyone of them does good in the NFL but they always seem to have problems with their QB's adapting in the NFL...... I only hope that CJ Stroud can change all that.

so CJ Okoye is a defensive lineman from Nigeria who has never been in an actual football game. i mean no high school games, no college games......nothing!!!!!

he has been learning how to play football for only 3 years now!!!

last Saturday was his very first game he has played in his entire life.....and what does he do? he gets his very first sack of his career.

sorry, but this is the only youtube video i could find. the chargers have a much better one, but it was blocked from sharing....lame.

here is a great article about him:

Last edited:
So far I've ignored the invitations to various fantasy leagues. I didn't renew my leagues last year and didn't plan on joining any leagues. I was conned into joining a just for fun league that had two players that didn't even manage their rosters. The league was not for fun after all. Without the football package this year, fantasy seems a big waste of my time.

I have never been in a Fantasy Football League.
Have you played in any fantasy leagues before? Baseball is the hardest cuz there are many games happening during the week. In football, it's pretty much set your line up and forget it.

For me, as much as I love football, this helps to keep me engaged. I usually just watch my team, the Chargers, but now I have to watch the other games to see how my players I drafted are doing.

Of course my league I have to put down $100 to play. But the winner gets the money from it.

I simply got burned out on FF. I played for fun. I played for money. I comished some leagues. It's something to do and gives a reason to watch players vs teams and you usually have a dog in every fight to root for. I'll not call it a complete waste of time. There is some skill involved as well as luck. It makes football a lot of fun to watch. I'm just over it.

one down 2 more to go. my 1st draft was today. the unfortunate thing was that i had to work late and with it being the start of the 3 day weekend for most (labor day on monday) along with friday traffic, i did not get home unitl 7:30pm and my auto draft up to that point sucked balls. my first 3 picks were Tony Pollard(not bad), CeeDee Lamb (don't like this pick), and Brandon Cook (i hate this pick). one would think that i was a Cowboy fan.....LOL i did edit my draft lineup, but that did little to help what was picked.

so yahoo is using ChatGPT to generate the draft results, and this is what the headline that it wrote:

oceanbreeze's LT's Electric Dance Makes a Splash with Mediocre Draft and Mid-Pack Finish​

In the FULL FRONTAL FOOTBALL league, oceanbreeze's Choice Team dove into the draft with high hopes, but unfortunately, their performance left much to be desired. Despite being in the 11th draft position, they managed to secure a C grade, which is like getting a participation trophy at a spelling bee. With a projected record of 6-7-1 and a 6th place finish, it seems like they'll be treading water in the middle of the pack.
so yeah this team in this league is going to be rough...........LOL

yep i am a pro at picking up waiver wire picks. i always read the injury reports and see who is next in line to get playing time.
It's the only way to come out a winner. Unless you pick up a Mahomes nobody that becomes Mr points you have to shop and anticipate. My normal season sees a lot of my starters dropped for a better producer. Gotta play the schedule game too... what player has a weak schedule for the next three games etc. It's fun to play FF and takes some work to be successful. However, I've seen times when pure luck brought a lousy manager into the playoffs. It's a crazy game to play.

Are you doing online or meeting somewhere. The first two years I had a league we all met at a private room at the local bowling alley. We partied down and drafted. It was a blast.. far more fun than online. Also much more difficult because we only had cheat sheets and no instant online access to player stats. Time between picks was not strictly adhered to either. The crap that we hung on each other as the picks were made were priceless. Those offline drafts kept that 8 man league together for years though we moved to online drafting. I'd play this year if the other seven were still playing. We loved each other and wanted to kick everyone's butt so bad. :) Entering the picks is a real drag... online takes care of that.

That was the way of my first league. We were all local at the time but three of the eight moved away. The moving was the main reason but everyone by the time the third year rolled around were playing in multiple leagues and enjoyed the online draft. We would have changed to online if they hadn't moved. It's just so much easier and you have all the tools for research and to have players in que.

Back
Top Bottom