• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Official Froyo release date for LG Ally has been announced!!!

This is shocking. Hopefully we will get a leak before then and our devs can work magic.

I just hope someone converts it into an installable stock ROM because i'll never receive the update notice after all the changes i've made to my phone. Guess I better bone up flashing back to a stock ROM come February.

Personally based of all drellisdee's hard work. I still won't use this as i'm sure our dev's can put out a better version than LG can at this point.

I just hope someone converts it into an installable stock ROM because i'll never receive the update notice after all the changes i've made to my phone. Guess I better bone up flashing back to a stock ROM come February.

Bro I just granted your wish. LOL this is the easiest way to go back Stock
Check out these threads:
http://androidforums.com/ally-all-t...nts-go-back-completely-stock.html#post1987625
http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/234620-signed_clockwork_to_stock_recovery-zip.html

I really hope these things help people in the near future especially since we are getting Froyo Baby!!!! With these two threads or two steps you do three steps with just two.
I believe the Nandroid unroots your phone and of course give you back the stock condition. Two the Stock Recovery zip That I hodge podged together that was actually created by drellisdee will bring you back to a stock recovery state. Its that simple. Then you can take the OTA Update. Hope that helps. If it does please hit the thanks button.

Also if I missed anything please let me know gently. :) I am just trying to help.
Again if it were not for Drellisdee none of this would exist. Everything I have done is standing on his back. He is the man.

First off thank you to drellisdee/getitnowmarketing and a few others involved in the custom froyo build. It is absolutely amazing and for all intents and purposes...completely stable--just missing a couple things that do not work. All minor details as with aosp15 installed, my phone has nearly TRIPLED in benchmark scores and thats the only major issue im concerned about. I have paypal window up atm and am donating as soon as i type this.

Now as a side note, i'm glad LG finally decided to step up to the plate and "officially" announce it, but seriously though, does anybody not find it complete absurd/ironic/screwed up or whatever that after almost 5 complete months, lg finally announces the official dates...ONLY after a couple days of a solid working/stable build was developed on here. I'm sorry but i call BS!! screw LG. they've milked this little publicity stunt out long enough and i will continue to use and support the devs who spend there own time to make this phone so much better for us. think about it...a tweaked ally is performing as well as phones that cost three to four times as much. So thank you to all those involved!!!

ONLY after a couple days of a solid working/stable build was developed on here.!

I hope you don't really think that all it took was a couple of days. drellisdee (getitnowmarketing) started the Froyo development thread on 9/4, the first post about getting it to boot and run was on 11/30, first stable release to the public was on 12/4. That's three months, not three days.

I hope you don't really think that all it took was a couple of days. drellisdee (getitnowmarketing) started the Froyo development thread on 9/4, the first post about getting it to boot and run was on 11/30, first stable release to the public was on 12/4. That's three months, not three days.

I believe what he was saying, I could be wrong, was that AOSP15 had been on these forums for a couple days, not that it only took a couple days to build.

Edit: he beat me to the correction. I'm sure it was just a simple misunderstanding.

Greetings.

The topic at hand is LG's release-date announcement for Froyo on the Ally.

People mean well when they respond when a thread gets derailed - but it's really more derailment - because it's just off-topic for what's at hand.

OK to help each other understand issues. OK to help each stay on course. Not OK when things get so far off course.

For that - just hit that Report button next to any post in question, and we'll be here to help out.

Probably a lot of questions are answered by following the links in my sig - as well as my opinion on the last line.

Questions on any of this are gladly accepted by PM to me - not by posting me about this here - many thanks in advance for that.

And - congrats on Froyo, compadres!

I'll believe it when I see it. If they have something workable, then why wait 2 months? If they don't have something workable, then it's still up in the air.

With these two threads or two steps you do three steps with just two.[/QUOTE said:
SWC2001, I am trying to wrap my head around the above sentence. A shot of Wild Turkey didn't even help me. :D Could you clarify what you meant? :p Prolly doesn't help that I am reading about this 2.2 dev for the first time today, so this topic is new to me.

:)

Zoandroid

SWC2001, I am trying to wrap my head around the above sentence. A shot of Wild Turkey didn't even help me. :D Could you clarify what you meant? :p Prolly doesn't help that I am reading about this 2.2 dev for the first time today, so this topic is new to me.

:)

Zoandroid

Yeah That was worded kinda bad.... Sorry
Well what I meant was it kills 3 birds with 2 stones. There are three steps to get an OTA
Unroot , goto Stock Rom , and finally get rid of Stock Recovery. With My Nandroid It does two things it unroots and gives you the stock Rom. The third step can be done with the sighned clockwork to stock recovery.zip. And that gets rid of the Recoveries. At that point you can take the OTA update. If that doesn't help just ask again I will keep trying. Sometimes My writing is awful.

So what do you guys think about the LG Froyo versus our ROM?

Also if I go back to V6, can I go up to 2.2?

I don't think I will go to 2.2 on stock though, as our ROM will most likely be faster and without all the crappy bloatware.

So what do you guys think about the LG Froyo versus our ROM?

Also if I go back to V6, can I go up to 2.2?

I don't think I will go to 2.2 on stock though, as our ROM will most likely be faster and without all the crappy bloatware.

If you go back to complete stock, you will be able to get the OTA updates, and therefore you will be able to get the LG update to 2.2.

Keep in mind that if you update to the LG Froyo version, it probably won't be long that we'll be able to root it and then you can strip the bloatware back out, just like 2.1.

What way is generally accepted as the best way to remove the bloatware in our currently rooted 2.1.1 state if still using the stock VZC Rom?

Zoandroid

Does anyone know if Froyo as ported by LG to the Ally will support being able to act as a hot spot, JavaScript, or run apps on SD-card?

Back
Top Bottom