• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys I have some cool info!

I went to return the Razr just now, explained to the supervisor that I had good Intel that the Nexus would be available for pre order on Monday. He disagreed with proclaiming they didn't have any knowledge of any release. So I still was insistent that I wanted to return so I waited to deal with the Very forthcoming rep that sold me the Razr. I told her why I was returning the Razr she says we will have the phone the same time it's online but they really didn't know when that would be. So I told her I Knew it would be available online Monday, so!!!! She says let me check our stock room she goes in the back and is back there for a few minutes, the supervisor then walks over to me still sticking to his guns with the "we don't know " attitude then the sales rep comes back and asks the manager to follow her they are in the back room for about 5 minutes she brings the Nexus accessories and says "Scott we WILL HAVE THE PHONE HERE WHEN IT LAUNCHES" I say is it in the back and she just stairs at me and says nothing then she says the boxes are sealed I can't open them and I say OK that's what I needed to know I'll see you on Monday!

off to lunch. trying to get through this is like trying to climb a mountain that gets taller every time you stop to rest! i honestly feel like this guy every time i make it to the end:

IMG_3759small.jpg

over/under on how many posts in the hour i'm gone: 250.

my money is on over. :p

Unless for some reason all verizon managers somehow decided this release is different and made some kind of super pact that no one would leak anything, I don't see anyway we get in store on monday. If I'm wrong great, but the lack of concrete info at this point makes me believe at best, online orders begin monday.

I'm positive it's in my local Verizon store right now!
She didn't even know it was back there until she went and checked. I could tell she wanted to tell me so bad but couldn't.

My local rep called me yesterday and "suggested" that I be in the store around lunch time because a Samsung rep is coming by. She thinks he will have a Nexus with him. I'm hoping he does. Either way, I get free lunch. :D

On a side note, I won $150 in gift cards to Best Buy during a poker tournament (best hand of the night, straight flush to the King) last night so my Nexus will now be completely free and I may even be able to get an accessory or two as well. :D:D:D

Congrats, that is not quite as exciting as I had hoped...thought you meant your store was getting a display model. Oh well, good luck and please report if it has any vbloatware or anything that might make it less appealing than the GSM version. Can't wait to hear!

ATTN: OG DROID OWNERS

Instead of destroying your OG Droids after you get the Nexus please consider donating them to me. I have 2 kids (9 and 4) that have and iPod Touch. I would be thrilled to get them off the Apple products by having them use an OG droid on Wifi. I have a 2 year old as well. Might not be ready for his own phone but we will get him started early as well.

I will pay for shipping of course...

If you don't donate them to me consider some other needy child that is going down the wrong path with their technology choices.

"Scott we WILL HAVE THE PHONE HERE WHEN IT LAUNCHES" I say is it in the back and she just stairs at me and says nothing then she says the boxes are sealed I can't open them and I say OK that's what I needed to know I'll see you on Monday!
Hope you're dazzling and not baffling!

Guys is it bad that I absolutely LOVE the DINC2???

It's so thin, all black, it's like a Darth Vader phone! Screen is nice, and bigger than my crappy OG Droid.

I'm on the phone now with Tech Support because this phone's MEID number is on the "negative list", so they have to remove that portion of it before it can be activated.

They said "Wow" when I explained to them how a VP called me back and offered me the phone. I guess it's not normal procedure.

But this is really nice. I was expecting a cardboard box and it actually came in a new DINC2 box with an extra battery cover on it!

Han, do you think I'll have to do the same when I receive my Droid 3? (the VP did the same thing for me that they did for you)

I went to return the Razr just now, explained to the supervisor that I had good Intel that the Nexus would be available for pre order on Monday. He disagreed with proclaiming they didn't have any knowledge of any release. So I still was insistent that I wanted to return so I waited to deal with the Very forthcoming rep that sold me the Razr. I told her why I was returning the Razr she says we will have the phone the same time it's online but they really didn't know when that would be. So I told her I Knew it would be available online Monday, so!!!! She says let me check our stock room she goes in the back and is back there for a few minutes, the supervisor then walks over to me still sticking to his guns with the "we don't know " attitude then the sales rep comes back and asks the manager to follow her they are in the back room for about 5 minutes she brings the Nexus accessories and says "Scott we WILL HAVE THE PHONE HERE WHEN IT LAUNCHES" I say is it in the back and she just stairs at me and says nothing then she says the boxes are sealed I can't open them and I say OK that's what I needed to know I'll see you on Monday!

Shoulda asked her to go back into the stock room and take a pic with your phone

ATTN: OG DROID OWNERS

Instead of destroying your OG Droids after you get the Nexus please consider donating them to me. I have 2 kids (9 and 4) that have and iPod Touch. I would be thrilled to get them off the Apple products by having them use an OG droid on Wifi. I have a 2 year old as well. Might not be ready for his own phone but we will get him started early as well.

I will pay for shipping of course...

If you don't donate them to me consider some other needy child that is going down the wrong path with their technology choices.

I will be happy to donate mine once the GNEX is released just PM me an address.

Can't wait!! Me and the wife are moving over to Verizon. She's getting the iPhone 4s and I'll have my Nexus. I'm so excited that I can't get anything done! lol

My local rep called me yesterday and "suggested" that I be in the store around lunch time because a Samsung rep is coming by. She thinks he will have a Nexus with him. I'm hoping he does. Either way, I get free lunch. :D

On a side note, I won $150 in gift cards to Best Buy during a poker tournament (best hand of the night, straight flush to the King) last night so my Nexus will now be completely free and I may even be able to get an accessory or two as well. :D:D:D

Hopefully you'll see a big box marked "Galaxy Nexus. QTY 100" too!

Nice job on the BB cards too. Woot!

I think I'm set to ROM my Inc for the last time. Kind of an epic moment for me. My son's Droid 2 is pooping out after a year, (Yet another reason why I will never own another device that says Moto on it) so I am setting it up for him. I currently have MIUI's most recent build on it and plan on putting pure GB on it for him.

If I can pick this up on Monday (as I expect to), it will be a glorious day!

Han, do you think I'll have to do the same when I receive my Droid 3? (the VP did the same thing for me that they did for you)

Probably. It's turning into a bit of a hassle. They've got a couple of managers on the job and I'm on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom