• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't get the Rezound off my mind. Remind me why the GN is so much better. I wonder if the price of the Rezound will drop once it hits the stores. What about flash? I've been reading it doesn't work on the GN. Is it related to the phone or ICS?

Rezound has a less vivid screen (LCD vs. SAMOLED), smaller battery (1620 vs. 1850), older generation CPU clocked higher (potentially a battery hog), I think less impressive GPU (Adreno 220 vs. SGX540), physical buttons, less impressive camera (despite more megapixels), I think it lacks NFC, and nobody knows when it will get upgraded to ICS.

OTOH, Rezound has a slightly higher DPI for even sharper text, and it has a 16GB microSD included where GNex doesn't even have a slot.

I like the Rezound a lot (though haven't actually played with one) and expect it'll be a great phone over time.

EDIT: Heh, ninja'd a few times already.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I went by my local Best Buy mobile and the guy checked the computer and made a phone call and told me the release date for the Nexus is Dec 8th. Hope he's wrong.

i hope hes right because my best buy guy said the same thing, and the reason its december 8th for them is because Verizon has exclusive launch rights, third parties including best buy will get it a week or two later.

Upvote 0
i hope hes right because my best buy guy said the same thing, and the reason its december 8th for them is because Verizon has exclusive launch rights, third parties including best buy will get it a week or two later.

Maybe we will see it is corporate stores on the 1st then. That would be nice!!!

Upvote 0
I went to my local Verizon store in Long Island, asked for the manager. I immediately asked if he could tell me when to expect the GNex...he said they didn't know...SHOCKER! He said everything we hear is pure speculation. I looked at the Rezound...it's not bad, but I definitely felt like I might be settling if I caved in and got it now. I definitely did not like the width of the Razr. The fit of the Rezound was much better. The only problem I have is they are offering only until November 30th double the data since I am not grandfathered in. Another reason I hope the GNex comes before end of November.

Can someone please tell me what the alternative other than SWYPE is? Steven posted it yesterday but I can't find it now.

Upvote 0
I went to Verizon today. I came to my senses about the iPhone after playing with the Rezound first. I really loved that phone and almost bought it! In fact, I keep thinking I should have. The salesman kept trying to get me to check out the Razr, but I told him I just didn't like the looks of it. He claimed that was what he was going to buy when he could upgrade next month. When I told him the phone I was most interested in wasn't out yet, he immediately asked if I was referring to the GN. He said he understood why I wanted to wait for it, but gave me his card, explained they work on commission and asked me to see him when it comes out.

I still can't get the Rezound off my mind. Remind me why the GN is so much better. I wonder if the price of the Rezound will drop once it hits the stores. What about flash? I've been reading it doesn't work on the GN. Is it related to the phone or ICS?

The Gn, has ICS, nfc, pure android...

That said the rezound is great phone. I've thought about getting it several times.

Upvote 0
No, it means that I have to share that my widescreen THX VHS proving that Han shot first gave up the ghost recently. On that account alone, I retired my VHS player.

I didn't get it digitized in time. Pre-Jurasic Pork Star Wars was the only Star Wars.

Tell me about it. That Jurassic Pork just ruins everything. And, to top it all off, it is neither Halal nor Kosher. Awful. :p :) :D;)

-Nkk

Reactions: BlueBiker
Upvote 0
I went to my local Verizon store in Long Island, asked for the manager. I immediately asked if he could tell me when to expect the GNex...he said they didn't know...SHOCKER! He said everything we hear is pure speculation. I looked at the Rezound...it's not bad, but I definitely felt like I might be settling if I caved in and got it now. I definitely did not like the width of the Razr. The fit of the Rezound was much better. The only problem I have is they are offering only until November 30th double the data since I am not grandfathered in. Another reason I hope the GNex comes before end of November.

Can someone please tell me what the alternative other than SWYPE is? Steven posted it yesterday but I can't find it now.

SwiftKey

Reactions: CinLou
Upvote 0
The only problem I have is they are offering only until November 30th double the data since I am not grandfathered in. Another reason I hope the GNex comes before end of November.

Someone today said you could call Verizon customer support and get the double data deal WITHOUT purchasing a new phone or extending your contract. I'd try it, at least. If not, consider getting a Razr before the deal ends (which some said might be the day before BF), and pay the $35 fee to swap to the GN after it comes out.

I'd try the phone call first, and just ask. You might try calling several times, just in case you don't get a nice rep the first call.

Reactions: CinLou
Upvote 0

Now understand, I have not read anywhere near all of the released books, but a good many of them. You can't go wrong with anything Timothy Zahn writes. His are stand out books of the entire Star Wars "Extended Universe".

By the way, if you want to be sucked into Star Wars, hop on Star Wars : The Old Republic (new MMO). The voice acting and story are brilliant. Bioware is doing a bang up job!

I'll be playing that all next weekend (open beta) on my main monitor, and browsing this thread on my secondary screen :D Can't wait to get my Gnex!

Upvote 0
OK, just took my dog for a 1/2 hour walk and came back to the same page I left? What is going on?

Cincybearcatfan - I wish my Bulls had been playing you guys today. We'd be in our 12th overtime at this point, still knotted at 3. I hate RU, wish you guys could have beaten them. Your rookie QB looks to have some potential though, coach seemed very conservative with him.

Upvote 0
Hey all, stumbled across a funny image that I thought I'd share. Apologies if it's too off-topic.

Attachments

• People+still+use+iphones+and+BBs_644533_2631983.jpg
    People+still+use+iphones+and+BBs_644533_2631983.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 175
Upvote 0
There is also one called. T9 also that's supposed to be good

I'm a swype person at heart but I've been using SwiftKey trying to get used to tapping for the. GN.

In case swype takes awhile to get updated...

You're thinking of Flex T9. It has better swiping than Swype, a personal opinion that Steven and I share. It uses the Dragon speech to text engine and nothing beats that.

SwiftKey X doesn't swipe, it's a tapper, but it will anticipate your next words - yes words - as it learns how you type. For speech to text, it knows its limitations and gives 3 choices for you based on what it thinks you said.

I have gone over to SwiftKey X from Flex T9 for the most part but keep both in my arsenal.

Hope this helps! :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones