• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked my sister:
(non-quoted for ease)
How do you know it's definite?
She texted back:
Three different people have told me.
So, my question is, are these people at Verizon reading the blogs and talking about it, or is it based on inside info?
So I texted:
Blog readers or inside grapevine?
She texted back:
Huh?
I texted back:
Idiot, are they getting info from internet or VZ bosses?
She texted back:
I don't know, but one of them should know from VZ corp. Idiot!

Now please text back a "Love You" ;)

Upvote 0
OK people I'm gonna start a poll here.

If you think I should wait on the Nexus without getting a rental thank this post.

If you think I should go a head and get a rental thank this post.

Fine its a lame attempt to see how many thanks I can get in one post :D

i don't really care what you do - i thanked it just for the shameless plug for "thanks"! ;)

Reactions: EarlyMon and jbdan
Upvote 0
Almost done with Android......for good. DIN took a whole year to get GB and that still isn't right....Now, I can't even get a new phone. WTF Verizon?!!? Seems like Google better crack the whip sometime soon......I'm not Apple fan boy...but they would never allow this crap. If I wasn't eagerly awaiting this phone this would be f-ing funny....But since I am waiting for it....I found the VZW leadership page and I figured out what crafting project I can work on as I wait...Two words: Voodoo Dolls.

How's the pain now, Mr. Vice VP of Marketing?!?!

Upvote 0
Maybe if they were more transparent then we would not have this problem.
For example:

And so on

On a side note, if you want to know how a smartphone goes from concept to launch on AT&T, Engadget has a great articles on it.

How an AT&T smartphone comes to life: behind the scenes (part one) -- Engadget
How an AT&T smartphone comes to life: behind the scenes (part two) -- Engadget

They wanted to do one on Verizon too, but it would have been 67.2 parts long.

Upvote 0
As I look about this thread, I see only great posts - with opinions of varying stripes, perfectly ok - from members who are all too happy to follow our simple rules. :)

I've written and run an advanced simulation to model anything else and the results are in - anything else that may seem to be missing, _really isn't_. ;)

Except of course for the actual official release date from VZW and/or Nexasaurus in everyone's hand! ;) :)

Hope this helps, gang!
FWIW, This is THE ONLY THREAD I have EVER in my life followed and posted on! ALL OF YOU ARE GREAT!! I usually just research products, get whatever info I need and it call a day. So thank you for opening up a new world to me, and curse you all for this new addiction of mine....j.k. ;)

Upvote 0
I'm going to assume 12/8. So my question is, will the double data deal persist past 11/30? Because if not, I needs to rent me a Rezound or the like. EDIT: Some cynical part of me says this is a game to screw Nexus buyers out of the better data deal. But just the cynical part.

The non-cynical part of me wants to believe that Verizon will extend the double data deal until after the Gnex comes out because if their goal is to free up more bandwidth and get people to buy 4g phones then ending the deal before the best and most anticipated (clearly can't prove either of these things, but an opinion) 4g phone of them all comes out. I say they extend it until a week(?) after the Gnex comes out.

At least that's the optimistic part of me hoping Verizon doesn't hate me.

Upvote 0
FWIW, This is THE ONLY THREAD I have EVER in my life followed and posted on! ALL OF YOU ARE GREAT!! I usually just research products, get whatever info I need and it call a day. So thank you for opening up a new world to me, and curse you all for this new addiction of mine....j.k. ;)
Now that you're hooked, we're going to have to start charging. :p

Upvote 0
Input please. I know most of this will come down to my personal choice but need input to help make the decision.

With all indications being 12/8'ish for this phone I think that waiting for it may not be the best for me anymore. My thoughts are I can find a phone like the rezound or razor that will suit me just fine, the big selling point for me was ICS on the Gnex, the screen, and the processor but I am far from a power user also. When it comes down to it a great phone w/ a nice screen and good cpu is all I really need as long as I can root it and eventually put ICS on it and now that Amazon will give it to me for a penny.....oh that is so hard to say no to. I will actually make money off this by selling my 3gs iPhone. So....

Which is easier to root HTC or Moto (both I know have locked bootloaders right now), when does everyone feel ICS will become prevelant on these devices (2 mo's, 4 mo's, 6 mo's) and/or is the GNex so much better I should just be patient.

One problem I have is I have unlimited data w/ AT&T and I don't want to pass up this double data deal by waiting around to potentially the end of Dec.

BTW I am moving from AT&T because there is an existing old family plan in the household that will save us $40/mo if I move to Verizon like everyone else.

Thanks for any input.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I am so close to porting my numbers to AT&T and getting the Galaxy S2 for 1 cent.:thinking:

Mostly out of impatience but also because that's a steal and I getter a better discount through AT&T...

I can imagine must be awfully tempting....however, how could you leave us hanging like that :eek:

Your in for the long haul my friend I can feel it !

Upvote 0
OK everyone. Take a deep breath. Breathe into a paper bag if you need to.

Verizon IS NOT going to announce the date until they are ready to sell/preorder the phone. They don't want to deal with rent-a-phone people (which this forum is full of). They have plenty of other phones they want to push out the door and they are in no rush to get this phone to market because they know they have a slam dunk here. They paid a lot of money to hold all the cards for this Nexus, and their most important goal is maximizing profits for their shareholders... not to appease enthusiasts who they know the vast majority have the patience to wait. If you don't like that fact and hate Verizon for it, then go get an S2 with some other carrier.

Keep cool kiddies. :cool:

That gave me flashbacks to the HP Touchpad fiasco, lol. ....which I'm using to post this ;) Running CM7 of course!:D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones